HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

St Helens Kyle Amor

Offline noahrob

• Fans Favourite
on: 17 Nov 2020, 07:46:50 pm
St Helens have confirmed that prop-forward Kyle Amor has signed a 12-month contract extension which will see him spent the 2021 season at the club.

Amor has made 182 appearances for St Helens – scoring 18 tries – since arriving from Wakefield Trinity in 2013.

The Cumbrian forward featured in the 2014 Betfred Super League Grand Final victory against Wigan Warriors before repeating the feat last season against Salford Red Devils at Old Trafford.

On signing his extension, Amor said: “I am over the moon to sign on again for another year. Ever since I joined the Club, I have loved it, the players, the staff and the people in the town. I am delighted to stay for another 12 months.

“My role has changed over the last couple of years and as long as I am contributing enough to be selected every week then I will be happy. It’s a special time at the moment with a lot of young lads putting pen to paper and the Club is clearly building for the future.

“Part of my role next year is to help those young lads come through and that is what it is like at this Club. We all help each other out and make sure that whatever happens is the best result for the Club.”

St Helens Head Coach Kristian Woolf added: “I have been really happy with what Kyle has offered us off the bench this year. He has some really good experience and he and Louie [McCarthy-Scarsbrook] love playing together, and I love the enthusiasm they bring to the squad.

“Kyle’s experience, in what is essentially going to be a younger group next year, is going to be essential and he will play a part in helping those other young middle forwards develop. He is a popular member of the group and I enjoy coaching him.”