HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Mr. Bryce Poisel

Offline Haven Lottery Results

• First Team Backup
on: 22 Nov 2020, 12:24:17 pm
The club is pleased to announce that they have entered into a formal agreement with Mr. Bryce Poisel. Bryce is an Australian players' agent who also has extensive contacts in the French game. Well done to Mark Stamper and Ashley Kilpatrick for bringing the deal to fruition. Bryce will now represent the club in Australia on an ongoing basis and do his utmost to get top quality talent to the club. Welcome to the club Bryce! 
T.Todd (Chairman)
Social Media
Facebook/playlockr
www.playlockr.com
Instagram @play.lockr

Offline HavenWarrior

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #1 on: 22 Nov 2020, 03:08:01 pm
The club is pleased to announce that they have entered into a formal agreement with Mr. Bryce Poisel. Bryce is an Australian players' agent who also has extensive contacts in the French game. Well done to Mark Stamper and Ashley Kilpatrick for bringing the deal to fruition. Bryce will now represent the club in Australia on an ongoing basis and do his utmost to get top quality talent to the club. Welcome to the club Bryce! 
T.Todd (Chairman)
Social Media
Facebook/playlockr
www.playlockr.com
Instagram @play.lockr

Thought i recognised the name, he played Up The Road.

HW

Offline haven hora

• Academy Star
Reply #2 on: 22 Nov 2020, 10:13:07 pm
Fantastic advert to all the local players in the area of why not to sign at whitehaven.

So much for LOCALS no young player is gonna look at our club twice now.

Town now have Gary Hewer involved massively respected in the community game that makes it even harder.

The only financial and sustainable way to grow and keep a club healthy is recruiting the best local talent it’s not rocket science.

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #3 on: 22 Nov 2020, 10:18:33 pm
Fantastic advert to all the local players in the area of why not to sign at whitehaven.

Town now have Gary Hewer involved massively respected in the community game that makes it even harder.

The only financial and sustainable way to grow and keep a club healthy is recruiting the best local talent it’s not rocket science.

And where are these locals at and playing at these signings have been playing if you haven't noticed we have had a virus in this country and no one been playing these signings come highly recommended and without the big signing on fee of unproven locals

JUST SAYING
born and bred haven.

Offline haven hora

• Academy Star
Reply #4 on: 22 Nov 2020, 10:33:00 pm

And where are these locals at and playing at these signings have been playing if you haven't noticed we have had a virus in this country and no one been playing these signings come highly recommended and without the big signing on fee of unproven locals

JUST SAYING

Take your haven rose tinted glasses off Shaun.

Do you think these Aussies are coming over here for peanuts ?  :D

The Aussies haven’t been playing to my knowledge and they are not proven until they are here and do something.

As for the huge signing on fee locals want please name a local who has asked for a huge signing on fee or is that your opinion?.

There’s only one I know of and he’s at haven !

Offline KCR

• Academy Signing
Reply #5 on: 23 Nov 2020, 01:13:13 pm
There is room for both and if we get the balance right its great for supporters

I would much prefer to bring in Australians than travellers from Yorks/Lanc

Give the Club a bit of credit for a bit of vision these could be exciting times and would be more appealing if a winning formula develops, local lads would want to join us

Offline haven hora

• Academy Star
Reply #6 on: 23 Nov 2020, 01:25:24 pm
There is room for both and if we get the balance right its great for supporters

I would much prefer to bring in Australians than travellers from Yorks/Lanc

Give the Club a bit of credit for a bit of vision these could be exciting times and would be more appealing if a winning formula develops, local lads would want to join us

How can you give the club credit when bringing in Australians doesn’t benefit the club in anyway.

Long gone are the days of Aaron fats and Leroy.

We went down a local route gained promotion we only needed to add a couple not a vast amount of unproven Australians.

Your going to have 10/11 lads sitting not playing and it won’t be the Aussies and travellers.

What local lad will sign to not play the best locals are signing at town so would of Dixon is the club hadn't of threw money at him. 

The only sustainable way to run a rugby club is by having your core base local ours isn’t.

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #7 on: 23 Nov 2020, 05:21:23 pm
Many locals don’t want to sign as they can’t commit to all the extra training required hence we’ve got to look further afield .

On a positive note great the Govt are considering letting 4000 fans in at games . Hopefully the season will get started next year and we’ll get to see it

Offline haven hora

• Academy Star
Reply #8 on: 23 Nov 2020, 06:53:21 pm
Many locals don’t want to sign as they can’t commit to all the extra training required hence we’ve got to look further afield .

On a positive note great the Govt are considering letting 4000 fans in at games . Hopefully the season will get started next year and we’ll get to see it

Which locals would they be then or again is that opinion and not fact please provide some names.

I’ve already read how locals want a big sign on fee now I read it’s because they don’t want to commit I think it’s utter tosh tbh.

Matty Henson
Marcus O’Brien
Adam Ramsden
Ethan Bickerdyke
Lewis brown
Jordan Thompson
Billy thompson
Zac steel

Also 10 from the community clubs training with town Hewer has a matrix set up to capture talent.

All them lads named have all went up the road and clearly not for huge amounts either.

How many of our local lads will stay if not playing ?

Bradley
Kelly
Forrester
Wilkinson
Dowsett
Riley
Newton

A squad on 28 that’s 11 missing out each week and I highly doubt it will be any Aussies apart from zammit who is not even NCL top tier level.

Burns already gone that was a travesty was treat disgustingly after all he done tor the club.

Moore left to go full time which is understandable but not even trying to get him back is a joke arguably our best player in 2019.

The damage being done again is horrendous and so called fans are oblivious where’s all the locals crack when rammed down town fans throats after they signed all them mercenaries and we got promoted?

To be sustainable long term you need to have local lads playing every week not numerous Aussies stopping our local lads getting better from game experience.

Offline HavenWarrior

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #9 on: 23 Nov 2020, 09:31:48 pm

Which locals would they be then or again is that opinion and not fact please provide some names.

I’ve already read how locals want a big sign on fee now I read it’s because they don’t want to commit I think it’s utter tosh tbh.

Matty Henson
Marcus O’Brien
Adam Ramsden
Ethan Bickerdyke
Lewis brown
Jordan Thompson
Billy thompson
Zac steel

Also 10 from the community clubs training with town Hewer has a matrix set up to capture talent.

All them lads named have all went up the road and clearly not for huge amounts either.

Bradley
Kelly
Forrester
Wilkinson
Dowsett
Riley
Newton

A squad on 28 that’s 11 missing out each week and I highly doubt it will be any Aussies apart from zammit who is not even NCL top tier level.

Burns already gone that was a travesty was treat disgustingly after all he done tor the club.

Moore left to go full time which is understandable but not even trying to get him back is a joke arguably our best player in 2019.

The damage being done again is horrendous and so called fans are oblivious where’s all the locals crack when rammed down town fans throats after they signed all them mercenaries and we got promoted?

To be sustainable long term you need to have local lads playing every week not numerous Aussies stopping our local lads getting better from game experience.

The few games we played last year, showed we were lacking. After losing our first 2 Home League games, we were destined for relegation.

The club are trying something fresh this year, as we all know Champ survival is a must for the club.

HW

PS Welcome back Hora, 12 years is a long break.   Up The Haven

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #10 on: 23 Nov 2020, 10:06:14 pm

Matty Henson
Marcus O’Brien
Adam Ramsden
Ethan Bickerdyke
Lewis brown
Jordan Thompson
Billy thompson
Zac steel

Bradley
Kelly
Forrester
Wilkinson
Dowsett
Riley
Newton

A decent list of players but how many would cope in Championship rugby . It’s a massive step up from Amateur level. Also giving up their weekends and not been able to have a pint on a Saturday as well as training more nights.

Offline haven hora

• Academy Star
Reply #11 on: 24 Nov 2020, 08:41:40 am
Why do you keep questioning local lads commitment I don’t understand?

Workington have recently signed the best two NCL players in the country in Cus and Henson so that’s your suggestion out the window in regards to players wanting to commit.

No one gave Wilkinson and Dowsett a chance at L1 look how that panned out, Until you get lads in the right environment and give then the right coaching you’ll never know what they can be.

My point is a simple one.

We should be investing in locals first and foremost we have done nothing to grow links in the community clubs and now town have Hewer every decent player coming up will go town.

Offline Textually Active

• Academy Star
Reply #12 on: 24 Nov 2020, 12:27:44 pm
Why do you keep questioning local lads commitment I don’t understand?

Workington have recently signed the best two NCL players in the country in Cus and Henson so that’s your suggestion out the window in regards to players wanting to commit.

No one gave Wilkinson and Dowsett a chance at L1 look how that panned out, Until you get lads in the right environment and give then the right coaching you’ll never know what they can be.

My point is a simple one.

We should be investing in locals first and foremost we have done nothing to grow links in the community clubs and now town have Hewer every decent player coming up will go town.

Taken your concerns to the BOD?   They are the ones best served to answer your questions.   Offered your help in recruiting local talent as you seem to have a fair knowledge of local players?

There's a suggestion.  You might just be the man for the job!

Damned if they do and damned if they don't.  You could always join the BOD and offer your services that way?

Offline haven hora

• Academy Star
Reply #13 on: 24 Nov 2020, 01:28:28 pm
You would be surprised.   :D

It would be pointless to provide my time effort etc on scouting local players it’s clear that whitehaven and the bod etc have made a decision to invest in overseas players and travellers and that’s the direction they want to go in why not sign an agreement with the local clubs like kells etc get them involved ? Town have done it no problem, ?

(We’ve Been here before never works it’s not sustainable for obvious reasons)

Where’s all the #Locals crack that was rammed down Workington's throats when they had Leon and he had all them mercenaries  like Bailey etc and Sam F & Jake M Jase M Newton signed for haven?

Workington now have Gary Hewer running there local Recuitment and have a player matrix so they will mop up the 2nd tier of talent in cumbria they have 10-15 local Lads ready to train with them.

We have a number of local lads that will sit and not play and they will leave they have the talent but they won’t get the opportunity and that’s not right!

None of them Aussies ain't gonna not play bar zammit.

Walmsley
Williams
Morris
King

The travellers

Taylor
Thompson
Cooper
Croston

Then.

Dion 

So there’s 9 of your starting 17  for me that’s too many.

One season they will leave wether they are good or bad and then your back in the cycle of recruitment and in that time your local lads could of grew as players with game time and it would cost far less.

Offline Textually Active

• Academy Star
Reply #14 on: 24 Nov 2020, 03:51:05 pm
You would be surprised.   :D 

Not at all, you named yourself in a post on here many moons ago.     :nod:

If you are going to try and be a clever clogs and attempt to slag off the good work the club have done so far, at least make sure you've covered your tracks!   :D    ;D    School boy errors