HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Mr. Bryce Poisel

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #15 on: 24 Nov 2020, 04:07:17 pm
Why do you keep questioning local lads commitment I don’t understand?

Workington have recently signed the best two NCL players in the country in Cus and Henson so that’s your suggestion out the window in regards to players wanting to commit.

No one gave Wilkinson and Dowsett a chance at L1 look how that panned out, Until you get lads in the right environment and give then the right coaching you’ll never know what they can be.

My point is a simple one.

We should be investing in locals first and foremost we have done nothing to grow links in the community clubs and now town have Hewer every decent player coming up will go town.

Taken your concerns to the BOD?   They are the ones best served to answer your questions.   Offered your help in recruiting local talent as you seem to have a fair knowledge of local players?

There's a suggestion.  You might just be the man for the job!

Damned if they do and damned if they don't.  You could always join the BOD and offer your services that way?

Personally I think we should go for local whenever possible and in League 1 we had a predominant local team. Even Jessie and Dion are locals now.

Championship rugby is a massive step up. Look at Toulouse . They ripped us  apart. We couldn’t even beat Oldham and Swinton at home . Clearly we needed to bring quality players in to have any chance of surviving next season and not getting beat week in week out like what happened to Rochdale last season . 

I just don’t think we have enough good local talent in the area to survive. What talent is there gets snapped up by SL clubs hence we’ve had to look further afield .

Well done to the board . As long as we have a winning side I couldn’t care less which part of the world they come from 😊😊

Offline haven hora

• Academy Star
Reply #16 on: 24 Nov 2020, 05:12:46 pm
You would be surprised.   :D 

Not at all, you named yourself in a post on here many moons ago.     :nod:

If you are going to try and be a clever clogs and attempt to slag off the good work the club have done so far, at least make sure you've covered your tracks!   :D    ;D    School boy errors

I’m not exactly hiding posting on a forum am I  :yey:.

I would say anything I have on here or to you or anyone’s face BOD or otherwise.

What good work recently have the club done? 

You tell me ?

They have signed Aussies and more travellers (proven its not sustainable)  and local lads won’t play they and will leave.

You may think that’s brilliant but for me it’s a tried and tested  way to failure.

Heard anything else on the stadium rebuild nope me either .. Pie in the sky.

We’ve been here before it doesn’t work but hey ho only my opinion!

Offline Brow Lad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #17 on: 24 Nov 2020, 06:11:25 pm

It would be pointless to provide my time effort etc on scouting local players it’s clear that whitehaven and the bod etc have made a decision to invest in overseas players and
travellers and that’s the direction they want to go in why not sign an agreement with the local clubs like kells etc get them involved ? Town have done it no problem, ?

(We’ve Been here before never works it’s not sustainable for obvious reasons)

Where’s all the #Locals crack that was rammed down Workington's throats when they had Leon and he had all them mercenaries  like Bailey etc and Sam F & Jake M Jase M Newton signed for haven?

Workington now have Gary Hewer running there local Recuitment and have a player matrix so they will mop up the 2nd tier of talent in cumbria they have 10-15 local Lads ready to train with them.

We have a number of local lads that will sit and not play and they will leave they have the talent but they won’t get the opportunity and that’s not right!

None of them Aussies ain't gonna not play bar zammit.

Walmsley
Williams
Morris
King

The travellers

Taylor
Thompson
Cooper
Croston

Then.

Dion 

So there’s 9 of your starting 17  for me that’s too many.

One season they will leave wether they are good or bad and then your back in the cycle of recruitment and in that time your local lads could of grew as players with game time and it would cost far less.

Lot of slating the club here you obviously have not heard of the local 19s been invited down in the near future, the chance of a 18s west Cumbrian side being ran out of Haven? do u really think the club wouldn’t want Jake? If there was room he would be down here. A bet he’s gutted as probably are Haven.

Offline haven hora

• Academy Star
Reply #18 on: 24 Nov 2020, 06:35:31 pm

It would be pointless to provide my time effort etc on scouting local players it’s clear that whitehaven and the bod etc have made a decision to invest in overseas players and
travellers and that’s the direction they want to go in why not sign an agreement with the local clubs like kells etc get them involved ? Town have done it no problem, ?

(We’ve Been here before never works it’s not sustainable for obvious reasons)

Where’s all the #Locals crack that was rammed down Workington's throats when they had Leon and he had all them mercenaries  like Bailey etc and Sam F & Jake M Jase M Newton signed for haven?

Workington now have Gary Hewer running there local Recuitment and have a player matrix so they will mop up the 2nd tier of talent in cumbria they have 10-15 local Lads ready to train with them.

We have a number of local lads that will sit and not play and they will leave they have the talent but they won’t get the opportunity and that’s not right!

None of them Aussies ain't gonna not play bar zammit.

Walmsley
Williams
Morris
King

The travellers

Taylor
Thompson
Cooper
Croston

Then.

Dion 

So there’s 9 of your starting 17  for me that’s too many.

One season they will leave wether they are good or bad and then your back in the cycle of recruitment and in that time your local lads could of grew as players with game time and it would cost far less.

Lot of slating the club here you obviously have not heard of the local 19s been invited down in the near future, the chance of a 18s west Cumbrian side being ran out of Haven? do u really think the club wouldn’t want Jake? If there was room he would be down here. A bet he’s gutted as probably are Haven.

Slating the club by stating that locals lads won’t play and it’s not sustainable to have half your starting team from outside the county ?

There won’t be a side ran out of haven for any local youngsters again pie on the sky especially with Gary Hewer at Workington town.

Also jake wouldn’t of signed back at haven they made the intention clear to go out the county when they signed Liam Cooper prior to jake leaving for ottowa.

Offline spacecake

• Haven Legend
Reply #19 on: 24 Nov 2020, 06:59:49 pm
Liam Cooper is a prop so no replacement for Jake Moore

Offline haven hora

• Academy Star
Reply #20 on: 24 Nov 2020, 07:06:43 pm
Liam Cooper is a prop so no replacement for Jake Moore

He was signed before jake left for Ottowa.

And he’s not a prop he can play there but he’s a second row.

Riley
Shackley
King
Zammit
Dawson
Walker

Are your props

Offline Brow Lad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #21 on: 24 Nov 2020, 07:12:10 pm
Wrong there pal am coaching it 😂

Offline haven hora

• Academy Star
Reply #22 on: 24 Nov 2020, 07:17:23 pm
Wrong there pal am coaching it 😂

So your going to be coaching a whitehaven academy side then ?

I look forward to the club announcing that what tier academy and  what ages and who has provided the 50k funding ?

Fantastic if so..

Offline Brow Lad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #23 on: 24 Nov 2020, 07:22:42 pm
All wrong be out before long

Offline Recre Faithful

• First Team Regular
Reply #24 on: 24 Nov 2020, 07:27:50 pm
I haven’t been on this forum for ages but this Sounds like one very bitter person Jake was always going to Ottawa and when a player of Liam Cooper comes available you take him quickly yes the club have wasted money on a few players in my eyes and cash would have been available for Jake but no one knew Ottawa we’re gonna do what they did. Regarding local championship 1 yes locals was the way forward but the championship is a different kettle of Fish a squad of locals didn’t work last year we got beat in every game and didn’t look strong enough, yes we might still be whipping boys in 2021 but we’ve gone out and brought in some young Australian that we’ve never heard of but no one had heard of Lester Leroy Soss, Fats Brown and Palmer and no one had heard of Obst Penny Tandy and Summers and did they let us down no so give these lads a chance you just never no. Regarding the under 18s Brow lad is right the lads will be playing out of the recre.
Whitehaven RLFC The real pride of cumbria

Remember not everything that talks with an Aussie accent is good enough to wear the Green & Gold

Offline haven hora

• Academy Star
Reply #25 on: 24 Nov 2020, 07:40:43 pm
All wrong be out before long

What’s all wrong ?

Offline haven hora

• Academy Star
Reply #26 on: 24 Nov 2020, 07:47:26 pm
I haven’t been on this forum for ages but this Sounds like one very bitter person Jake was always going to Ottawa and when a player of Liam Cooper comes available you take him quickly yes the club have wasted money on a few players in my eyes and cash would have been available for Jake but no one knew Ottawa we’re gonna do what they did. Regarding local championship 1 yes locals was the way forward but the championship is a different kettle of Fish a squad of locals didn’t work last year we got beat in every game and didn’t look strong enough, yes we might still be whipping boys in 2021 but we’ve gone out and brought in some young Australian that we’ve never heard of but no one had heard of Lester Leroy Soss, Fats Brown and Palmer and no one had heard of Obst Penny Tandy and Summers and did they let us down no so give these lads a chance you just never no. Regarding the under 18s Brow lad is right the lads will be playing out of the recre.

Cooper was signed before jake went to ottowa ?

Gone are the days of lester Leroy and fats we don’t have the offer of a full time job to go with a playing contract.

If you think being bitter is stating locals lads ain’t going to play and will leave and that the majority of your starting 17 being from out the county is unsustainable that’s your opinion I’m entitled to mine.

As for a local academy team that would be fantastic if the funding could be secured and the RFL signs it off however I highly doubt it due to our location and the fact Dave Rotherham makes that decision at the RFL I highly doubt it but again my opinion.

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #27 on: 24 Nov 2020, 08:30:50 pm
Fantastic advert to all the local players in the area of why not to sign at whitehaven.

So much for LOCALS no young player is gonna look at our club twice now.

Town now have Gary Hewer involved massively respected in the community game that makes it even harder.

The only financial and sustainable way to grow and keep a club healthy is recruiting the best local talent it’s not rocket science.

And where are these locals at and playing at these signings have been playing if you haven't noticed we have had a virus in this country and no one been playing these signings come highly recommended and without the big signing on fee of unproven locals

JUST SAYING

Take your haven rose tinted glasses off Shaun.

Do you think these Aussies are coming over here for peanuts ?  :D

The Aussies haven’t been playing to my knowledge and they are not proven until they are here and do something.

As for the huge signing on fee locals want please name a local who has asked for a huge signing on fee or is that your opinion?.

There’s only one I know of and he’s at haven !

You seem a bit ****ed off matt you should go back and offer your service do you think we would stay up with the side that won championship 1
Personally my opinion I don't think we would of. Charlo and the board are doing a great job
born and bred haven.

Offline haven hora

• Academy Star
Reply #28 on: 25 Nov 2020, 12:07:36 am
Fantastic advert to all the local players in the area of why not to sign at whitehaven.

Town now have Gary Hewer involved massively respected in the community game that makes it even harder.

The only financial and sustainable way to grow and keep a club healthy is recruiting the best local talent it’s not rocket science.

And where are these locals at and playing at these signings have been playing if you haven't noticed we have had a virus in this country and no one been playing these signings come highly recommended and without the big signing on fee of unproven locals

JUST SAYING

The Aussies haven’t been playing to my knowledge and they are not proven until they are here and do something.

As for the huge signing on fee locals want please name a local who has asked for a huge signing on fee or is that your opinion?.

You seem a bit ****ed off matt you should go back and offer your service do you think we would stay up with the side that won championship 1
Personally my opinion I don't think we would of. Charlo and the board are doing a great job

Not at all never been happier bud.

I just find the hypocriticalness of many brilliant after we rammed down towns throats about our local team and slated them for the way they treat all the local lads  and what was achieved but now we’re in the championship who cares eh let’s just forget what them lads done for the club.

There’s no doubt we needed to strengthen but recruitment could of been done more sustainability we don’t need 4/5 Australians and to be paying agent fees etc.

I don’t agree with signing vast numbers of imports and travellers especially when they don’t even know where whitehaven is (reference there interviews)  it shows me they are coming for one reason.

It’s not sustainable long term you will need to recruit most likely every year to fill there places and in that time good young local lads will miss out and thus leave and others won’t come and you can’t blame them.

Of the starting 17 that gets picked do you think Morris king walmsley Williams. Are going to not play if fit  ?

Do you think Chris Taylor, Dave thompson Liam Cooper and Dion will not play if fit ?

Half the team starting team not from cumbria don’t get me wrong if your happy about that your entitled to your opinion as I am mine.

We will struggle to compete for the best locals with town with what they have in place and they will reap the rewards in 3/4 years.

Offline HavenWarrior

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #29 on: 25 Nov 2020, 12:23:06 pm

JUST SAYING

Not at all never been happier bud.

I just find the hypocriticalness of many brilliant after we rammed down towns throats about our local team and slated them for the way they treat all the local lads  and what was achieved but now we’re in the championship who cares eh let’s just forget what them lads done for the club.

There’s no doubt we needed to strengthen but recruitment could of been done more sustainability we don’t need 4/5 Australians and to be paying agent fees etc.

I don’t agree with signing vast numbers of imports and travellers especially when they don’t even know where whitehaven is (reference there interviews)  it shows me they are coming for one reason.

It’s not sustainable long term you will need to recruit most likely every year to fill there places and in that time good young local lads will miss out and thus leave and others won’t come and you can’t blame them.

Of the starting 17 that gets picked do you think Morris king walmsley Williams. Are going to not play if fit  ?

Do you think Chris Taylor, Dave thompson Liam Cooper and Dion will not play if fit ?

Half the team starting team not from cumbria don’t get me wrong if your happy about that your entitled to your opinion as I am mine.

We will struggle to compete for the best locals with town with what they have in place and they will reap the rewards in 3/4 years.

Chris Taylor has been a loyal servant to the Club, bit harsh to call him a Traveller. Dion is like Marmite, but still a game winner on his day.

HW