HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Mr. Bryce Poisel

Offline haven hora

• Academy Star
Reply #30 on: 25 Nov 2020, 01:46:00 pm
Fantastic advert to all the local players in the area of why not to sign at whitehaven.

So much for LOCALS no young player is gonna look at our club twice now.

Town now have Gary Hewer involved massively respected in the community game that makes it even harder.

The only financial and sustainable way to grow and keep a club healthy is recruiting the best local talent it’s not rocket science.

And where are these locals at and playing at these signings have been playing if you haven't noticed we have had a virus in this country and no one been playing these signings come highly recommended and without the big signing on fee of unproven locals

JUST SAYING

Take your haven rose tinted glasses off Shaun.

Do you think these Aussies are coming over here for peanuts ?  :D

The Aussies haven’t been playing to my knowledge and they are not proven until they are here and do something.

As for the huge signing on fee locals want please name a local who has asked for a huge signing on fee or is that your opinion?.

There’s only one I know of and he’s at haven !

You seem a bit ****ed off matt you should go back and offer your service do you think we would stay up with the side that won championship 1
Personally my opinion I don't think we would of. Charlo and the board are doing a great job

Not at all never been happier bud.

I just find the hypocriticalness of many brilliant after we rammed down towns throats about our local team and slated them for the way they treat all the local lads  and what was achieved but now we’re in the championship who cares eh let’s just forget what them lads done for the club.

There’s no doubt we needed to strengthen but recruitment could of been done more sustainability we don’t need 4/5 Australians and to be paying agent fees etc.

I don’t agree with signing vast numbers of imports and travellers especially when they don’t even know where whitehaven is (reference there interviews)  it shows me they are coming for one reason.

It’s not sustainable long term you will need to recruit most likely every year to fill there places and in that time good young local lads will miss out and thus leave and others won’t come and you can’t blame them.

Of the starting 17 that gets picked do you think Morris king walmsley Williams. Are going to not play if fit  ?

Do you think Chris Taylor, Dave thompson Liam Cooper and Dion will not play if fit ?

Half the team starting team not from cumbria don’t get me wrong if your happy about that your entitled to your opinion as I am mine.

We will struggle to compete for the best locals with town with what they have in place and they will reap the rewards in 3/4 years.

Chris Taylor has been a loyal servant to the Club, bit harsh to call him a Traveller. Dion is like Marmite, but still a game winner on his day.

HW

Can’t knock the lads commitment he’s a great lad but he still is travelling.

My opinion isn’t everyone’s cup of tea but I believe it’s fair and factual and I think really think the path of going overseas is not the right one.

Time will tell.

Offline LeeF

• First Team Regular
Reply #31 on: 25 Nov 2020, 05:05:31 pm
Fantastic advert to all the local players in the area of why not to sign at whitehaven.

So much for LOCALS no young player is gonna look at our club twice now.

Town now have Gary Hewer involved massively respected in the community game that makes it even harder.

The only financial and sustainable way to grow and keep a club healthy is recruiting the best local talent it’s not rocket science.

And where are these locals at and playing at these signings have been playing if you haven't noticed we have had a virus in this country and no one been playing these signings come highly recommended and without the big signing on fee of unproven locals

JUST SAYING

Take your haven rose tinted glasses off Shaun.

Do you think these Aussies are coming over here for peanuts ?  :D

The Aussies haven’t been playing to my knowledge and they are not proven until they are here and do something.

As for the huge signing on fee locals want please name a local who has asked for a huge signing on fee or is that your opinion?.

There’s only one I know of and he’s at haven !

You seem a bit ****ed off matt you should go back and offer your service do you think we would stay up with the side that won championship 1
Personally my opinion I don't think we would of. Charlo and the board are doing a great job

Not at all never been happier bud.

I just find the hypocriticalness of many brilliant after we rammed down towns throats about our local team and slated them for the way they treat all the local lads  and what was achieved but now we’re in the championship who cares eh let’s just forget what them lads done for the club.

There’s no doubt we needed to strengthen but recruitment could of been done more sustainability we don’t need 4/5 Australians and to be paying agent fees etc.

I don’t agree with signing vast numbers of imports and travellers especially when they don’t even know where whitehaven is (reference there interviews)  it shows me they are coming for one reason.

It’s not sustainable long term you will need to recruit most likely every year to fill there places and in that time good young local lads will miss out and thus leave and others won’t come and you can’t blame them.

Of the starting 17 that gets picked do you think Morris king walmsley Williams. Are going to not play if fit  ?

Do you think Chris Taylor, Dave thompson Liam Cooper and Dion will not play if fit ?

Half the team starting team not from cumbria don’t get me wrong if your happy about that your entitled to your opinion as I am mine.

We will struggle to compete for the best locals with town with what they have in place and they will reap the rewards in 3/4 years.

What is the one reason they are all coming to Haven?

I can think of a few which won’t be your 1 reason:-

Opportunity to play overseas
Opportunity to put yourself in the shop window especially with some “smaller” nations now playing Internationals
Actually want to give it a go etc etc

You keep quoting Town as an example of a Club with just “local” players. They haven’t. They have non West Cumbrians in their squad

Also as the shortened 2020 season showed quite clearly what is good enough to win League 1 isn’t good enough to stay in the Championship and the quality of available good enough local players just isn’t there.

Anyway you’ve clearly got a chip in your shoulder so I know none of the above will be accepted or register

Offline haven hora

• Academy Star
Reply #32 on: 25 Nov 2020, 05:45:19 pm
No chip here just care about the club and the local lads  and don’t agree with the recruitment.

They are coming for money mate nothing more don’t be so fickle they legit don’t even know where whitehaven is.

It’s not sustainable long term but again just my opinion based on our past.

Whitehaven non west Cumbrians

Carter
Bruie
Kelly
Wilkinson
Dowsett
Gillam
Walker
Dion
Walmsley
Morris
Taylor
Thompson
Jessy
Williams
Zammit
Croston
Newton
King 

Apolagies if I got any wrong

We have

Callum
Brett
Glen 
Bulman
Shacks
Holiday
Mossop
Dixon
Bradley

Who are west Cumbrian but how many leave when they don’t play regularly ?

Town have

Barnes
Brown
Curwen
Doran
Fitzsimmons
Henson
Maudling
Moore
Ramsden
Scholey
Tomposh
Wilson
Thompson

West Cumbrians who will be playing regularly.

They also have ten trialists and ten dual reg with local clubs apparently.

Town have Gary Hewer there also now and that’s gonna be a huge boost locally with recruitment for them along with Halcrow etc.

Trust me when lads ain’t playing and they ain’t getting winning pay because of these imports they ain’t gonna stay.

Offline LeeF

• First Team Regular
Reply #33 on: 25 Nov 2020, 06:02:15 pm
No chip here just care about the club and the local lads  and don’t agree with the recruitment.

They are coming for money mate nothing more don’t be so fickle they legit don’t even know where whitehaven is.

Carter
Bruie
Kelly
Wilkinson
Dowsett
Gillam
Walker
Dion
Walmsley
Morris
Taylor
Thompson
Jessy
Williams
Zammit
Croston
Newton
King 

We have

Callum
Brett
Glen 
Bulman
Shacks
Holiday
Mossop
Dixon
Bradley

Town have

Barnes
Brown
Curwen
Doran
Fitzsimmons
Henson
Maudling
Moore
Ramsden
Scholey
Tomposh
Wilson
Thompson

Town have Gary Hewer there also now and that’s gonna be a huge boost locally with recruitment for them along with Halcrow etc.

Trust me when lads ain’t playing and they ain’t getting winning pay because of these imports they ain’t gonna stay.

Just posting the same thing time after time doesn’t mean it is true or correct. You though definitely have a seriously big chip on your shoulder and you conveniently ignore the perfectly valid points made by both me and others.

Offline Textually Active

• Academy Star
Reply #34 on: 25 Nov 2020, 06:24:13 pm

Carter
Bruie
Kelly
Wilkinson
Dowsett
Gillam
Walker
Dion
Walmsley
Morris
Taylor
Thompson
Jessy
Williams
Zammit
Croston
Newton
King 

We have

Callum
Brett
Glen 
Bulman
Shacks
Holiday
Mossop
Dixon
Bradley

Town have

Barnes
Brown
Curwen
Doran
Fitzsimmons
Henson
Maudling
Moore
Ramsden
Scholey
Tomposh
Wilson
Thompson

Just posting the same thing time after time doesn’t mean it is true or correct. You though definitely have a seriously big chip on your shoulder and you conveniently ignore the perfectly valid points made by both me and others.

It’s not a chip, it’s a 4st  bloody bag of taties. 

If yer THAT bothered what Town are doing, do us a favour and defect to them.    Like a stuck record, you’ve made your point, suck it up buttercup and move the heck on.  🐶🦴 springs to mind

Offline HavenWarrior

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #35 on: 25 Nov 2020, 06:26:39 pm
You just been pedantic now, you might as well split them Copeland and Allerdale if you saying they must be West Cumbrian.

HW

Offline haven hora

• Academy Star
Reply #36 on: 25 Nov 2020, 06:31:07 pm
You just been pedantic now, you might as well split them Copeland and Allerdale if you saying they must be West Cumbrian.

HW

It wasn’t me who brought that up check the thread 😂

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #37 on: 26 Nov 2020, 02:37:11 pm
I haven’t been on this forum for ages but this Sounds like one very bitter person Jake was always going to Ottawa and when a player of Liam Cooper comes available you take him quickly yes the club have wasted money on a few players in my eyes and cash would have been available for Jake but no one knew Ottawa we’re gonna do what they did. Regarding local championship 1 yes locals was the way forward but the championship is a different kettle of Fish a squad of locals didn’t work last year we got beat in every game and didn’t look strong enough, yes we might still be whipping boys in 2021 but we’ve gone out and brought in some young Australian that we’ve never heard of but no one had heard of Lester Leroy Soss, Fats Brown and Palmer and no one had heard of Obst Penny Tandy and Summers and did they let us down no so give these lads a chance you just never no. Regarding the under 18s Brow lad is right the lads will be playing out of the recre.

Well said .

Personally I couldn’t careless where players come from as long as we get a winning side and can hold are own. Clearly last season we would have been the whipping boys and no one wants that .
« Last Edit: 26 Nov 2020, 02:45:54 pm by whitehavenRLforever »

Offline haven hora

• Academy Star
Reply #38 on: 26 Nov 2020, 04:43:16 pm
I haven’t been on this forum for ages but this Sounds like one very bitter person Jake was always going to Ottawa and when a player of Liam Cooper comes available you take him quickly yes the club have wasted money on a few players in my eyes and cash would have been available for Jake but no one knew Ottawa we’re gonna do what they did. Regarding local championship 1 yes locals was the way forward but the championship is a different kettle of Fish a squad of locals didn’t work last year we got beat in every game and didn’t look strong enough, yes we might still be whipping boys in 2021 but we’ve gone out and brought in some young Australian that we’ve never heard of but no one had heard of Lester Leroy Soss, Fats Brown and Palmer and no one had heard of Obst Penny Tandy and Summers and did they let us down no so give these lads a chance you just never no. Regarding the under 18s Brow lad is right the lads will be playing out of the recre.

Well said .

Personally I couldn’t careless where players come from as long as we get a winning side and can hold are own. Clearly last season we would have been the whipping boys and no one wants that .

Its not financially sustainable to have so many travelling and imported players especially for a club like whitehaven.

We’ve been here before and the club went bust by all means if the current BOD would like to open the books to the fans seeing as the last accounts on companies house provided  to the public were 2018 and it proves they have the money available to sustain these players and the squad and various debts I’ll take my hat off and say fair play.

I highly doubt that will happen though I can pretty much guarantee it won’t.

Next we will be told that these aussies are coming here for peanuts.

Sorry for the late reply though been trying to get this chip of my shoulder..  :yey:

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #39 on: 26 Nov 2020, 08:16:06 pm
This post is getting boring now the aussies are here there is a buzz about the season getting started and I can't wait to see them in the chocolate blue and gold
born and bred haven.

Offline Cumbria RL

• Academy Signing
Reply #40 on: 26 Nov 2020, 10:28:44 pm
while worky are laughing their arses off signing all the LOCAL lads you bragged about 2yr ago

Offline haven hora

• Academy Star
Reply #41 on: 26 Nov 2020, 11:45:35 pm
while worky are laughing their arses off signing all the LOCAL lads you bragged about 2yr ago

People have short memories.

Luckily the forum doesn’t forget.

I just really hope the local lads don’t leave when they have to sit.

I will always be a keen supporter of local lads and of the majority of our squad being Cumbrian I believe it’s the only sustainable way to run and grow a rugby league club especially one in our geographical area.

Time will tell who is right and who is wrong.

Offline Cumbria RL

• Academy Signing
Reply #42 on: 28 Nov 2020, 01:12:03 pm

I will always be a keen supporter of local lads and of the majority of our squad being Cumbrian I believe it’s the only sustainable way to run and grow a rugby league club especially one in our geographical area.

Another local gone is the word on the street is its Sam Forrester. Moore, Burns and Forrester 3 big losses imo

Offline HavenWarrior

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #43 on: 28 Nov 2020, 02:36:41 pm

Another local gone is the word on the street is its Sam Forrester. Moore, Burns and Forrester 3 big losses imo

Moore signed for another club, how is that a loss. If Ottawa were playing he would be there. He was contracted, we let him leave to better his career.

Burns didnt play in what was the 2020 season!

So it looks like we may have lost 1 player.

HW

Online Brow Lad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #44 on: 28 Nov 2020, 03:13:20 pm
Sam went a bit ago, he won’t be signing for Town.