HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Mr. Bryce Poisel

Offline haven hora

• Academy Star
Reply #45 on: 28 Nov 2020, 03:30:26 pm
while worky are laughing their arses off signing all the LOCAL lads you bragged about 2yr ago

People have short memories.

Luckily the forum doesn’t forget.

I just really hope the local lads don’t leave when they have to sit.

I will always be a keen supporter of local lads and of the majority of our squad being Cumbrian I believe it’s the only sustainable way to run and grow a rugby league club especially one in our geographical area.

Time will tell who is right and who is wrong.

Another local gone is the word on the street is its Sam Forrester. Moore, Burns and Forrester 3 big losses imo

Moore signed for another club, how is that a loss. If Ottawa were playing he would be there. He was contracted, we let him leave to better his career.

Burns didnt play in what was the 2020 season!

So it looks like we may have lost 1 player.

HW

Of course it’s a loss losing any top quality local for any reason is a loss in jakes case  he was our best player in the 2019  season (how many MOM in the league express),  He was on the bench for most games in 2020 for what reason I don’t understand.  With whitehaven moving away from local players and paying vastly more money to travellers and losing money from his mates and family going to watch it’s a huge loss 

A full time offer was a no brainer for him yet when he became available apparently there was no money maybe shouldn’t of signed Liam Cooper in the same position before he left just a thought though.

Jordan didn’t play in the 2020  and the fact he left is a disgrace why did he leave though ? The club didn’t even put out a thank you or anything for all the years he was here ? Again one of the best local lads loyal servant it’s not right.  Wouldn’t even release his registration so he could play at kells utterly embarrassing from the club.  Why no one is asking these questions is beyond me.

And now we see Sam Forrester has possibly left the club another local lad who didn’t put a foot wrong for us.

Everyone is thinking these Aussies are going to make whitehaven a stronger team and honestly I don’t think they are any better than what we had I think the are actually worse.

But that’s just the chip on my shoulder speaking eh  8)

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #46 on: 28 Nov 2020, 05:16:54 pm
while worky are laughing their arses off signing all the LOCAL lads you bragged about 2yr ago

I will always be a keen supporter of local lads and of the majority of our squad being Cumbrian I believe it’s the only sustainable way to run and grow a rugby league club especially one in our geographical area.

Another local gone is the word on the street is its Sam Forrester. Moore, Burns and Forrester 3 big losses imo

Moore signed for another club, how is that a loss. If Ottawa were playing he would be there. He was contracted, we let him leave to better his career.

HW

Of course it’s a loss losing any top quality local for any reason is a loss in jakes case  he was our best player in the 2019  season (how many MOM in the league express),  He was on the bench for most games in 2020 for what reason I don’t understand.  With whitehaven moving away from local players and paying vastly more money to travellers and losing money from his mates and family going to watch it’s a huge loss 

A full time offer was a no brainer for him yet when he became available apparently there was no money maybe shouldn’t of signed Liam Cooper in the same position before he left just a thought though.

Jordan didn’t play in the 2020  and the fact he left is a disgrace why did he leave though ? The club didn’t even put out a thank you or anything for all the years he was here ? Again one of the best local lads loyal servant it’s not right.  Wouldn’t even release his registration so he could play at kells utterly embarrassing from the club.  Why no one is asking these questions is beyond me.

And now we see Sam Forrester has possibly left the club another local lad who didn’t put a foot wrong for us.

Everyone is thinking these Aussies are going to make whitehaven a stronger team and honestly I don’t think they are any better than what we had I think the are actually worse.

Matt you keep going on about locals leaving I'm all for locals playing in the chocolate blue and gold but we need travellers also to especially compete in this league your local why did you leave
born and bred haven.

Offline haven hora

• Academy Star
Reply #47 on: 28 Nov 2020, 06:28:32 pm

HW

Matt you keep going on about locals leaving I'm all for locals playing in the chocolate blue and gold but we need travellers also to especially compete in this league your local why did you leave

Your not for local lads though or you’d be saying what i  am or asking your own questions you’d rather our club pay some Aussies who couldn’t care less about the club they don’t even know where whitehaven is I do watch the interviews that get posted it’s embarrassing.

They will be here tor all but a year and then gone in that time locals leave good players aswel it’s happening already.

If we invested in the best local lads we could have a full Cumbrian team the talent pool is endless it’s not a overnight fix it takes time but  there’s a constant conveyor belt of top quality locals but without letting lads play and get used to the level you’ll never know it’s the only substantial way. 

We would rather spend thousands on unproven Aussies and travellers agents fees travel and accommodation etc etc.

I understand you love the club Shaun but you need to stop blindly thinking everything is ok because it’s not when nearly half the squad isn’t from the county.

The reason I left the bod at whitehaven was to focus on my family and my new career I couldn’t run a business and do my qualifications and be a dad something had to give.

Don’t get my wrong on any bod there’s disagreements but I wouldn’t post  them publicly the people on the bod who I had issues with and vice versa know who they are and what they were.

PM your number Shaun more than willing to have a conversation with you privately ?

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #48 on: 28 Nov 2020, 07:36:26 pm

HW

Your not for local lads though or you’d be saying what i  am or asking your own questions you’d rather our club pay some Aussies who couldn’t care less about the club they don’t even know where whitehaven is I do watch the interviews that get posted it’s embarrassing.

They will be here tor all but a year and then gone in that time locals leave good players aswel it’s happening already.

If we invested in the best local lads we could have a full Cumbrian team the talent pool is endless it’s not a overnight fix it takes time but  there’s a constant conveyor belt of top quality locals but without letting lads play and get used to the level you’ll never know it’s the only substantial way. 

We would rather spend thousands on unproven Aussies and travellers agents fees travel and accommodation etc etc.

I understand you love the club Shaun but you need to stop blindly thinking everything is ok because it’s not when nearly half the squad isn’t from the county.

The reason I left the bod at whitehaven was to focus on my family and my new career I couldn’t run a business and do my qualifications and be a dad something had to give.

Don’t get my wrong on any bod there’s disagreements but I wouldn’t post  them publicly the people on the bod who I had issues with and vice versa know who they are and what they were.

PM your number Shaun more than willing to have a conversation with you privately ?

No need to contact you marra I'm all for locals always have been but I have supported this club for 45 years and know we can't always have a full local team and I want to win and its a results business
We have a nice mixture of local and travellers charlo doing a great job with a great staff behind him
born and bred haven.

Offline eternal optimist

• First Team Backup
Reply #49 on: 28 Nov 2020, 11:40:53 pm

Thanks for your feedback on the interviews Haven Hora. I didn't realise they were that bad that they were embarrassing. Better not bother with them in future then.

Des

Offline haven hora

• Academy Star
Reply #50 on: 29 Nov 2020, 12:16:42 am

Thanks for your feedback on the interviews Haven Hora. I didn't realise they were that bad that they were embarrassing. Better not bother with them in future then.

Des

Hi Des.

When did I say the interviews were bad or embarrassing ? 

What I did say was the fact that these Aussies don’t even know where whitehaven is that’s embarrassing I watched the interviews you did with them not one of them had done any research etc if I thought the interviews were bad I would or said that clearly.

Offline eternal optimist

• First Team Backup
Reply #51 on: 29 Nov 2020, 09:37:37 am

Des

Hi Des.

What I did say was the fact that these Aussies don’t even know where whitehaven is that’s embarrassing I watched the interviews you did with them not one of them had done any research etc if I thought the interviews were bad I would or said that clearly.

Read your quote above. You make assumptions about lads you have never met or spoken to. Each of them knew where Whitehaven was. The question was a light hearted one which was asked tongue in cheek. Believe you me having spoken to them at length they had all done their homework about Whitehaven and the type of league the Championship is. You have never spoken to them and yet you assume they are here for a holiday. You couldn’t be further from the truth. Look back through the history of both clubs and non “West Cumbrians” have featured in both teams since they were formed.

Your comments are an insult not only to current players but many more from both clubs over the last 70 plus years. You assume every West Cumbrian wants to play semi pro which is not true. So give me your starting 17 of West Cumbrians available to Whitehaven that would compete and retain our Championship place in 2021.

Des

Offline haven hora

• Academy Star
Reply #52 on: 29 Nov 2020, 11:19:15 am

Des

Hi Des.

Read your quote above. You make assumptions about lads you have never met or spoken to. Each of them knew where Whitehaven was. The question was a light hearted one which was asked tongue in cheek. Believe you me having spoken to them at length they had all done their homework about Whitehaven and the type of league the Championship is. You have never spoken to them and yet you assume they are here for a holiday. You couldn’t be further from the truth. Look back through the history of both clubs and non “West Cumbrians” have featured in both teams since they were formed.

Your comments are an insult not only to current players but many more from both clubs over the last 70 plus years. You assume every West Cumbrian wants to play semi pro which is not true. So give me your starting 17 of West Cumbrians available to Whitehaven that would compete and retain our Championship place in 2021.

Des

Hi Des.

It’s pretty clear from this reply you haven’t read the whole thread and all my comments.

In regards to your interviews not one of them you spoke to knew about whitehaven etc I can only go of what I’ve watched not the conversations etc you’ve had that I’m not privy to.

I’ve also  not said they are coming for a holiday where you get that from I don’t know but we all know reality is they are coming for money that doesn’t mean they don’t want to do well and be successful but them arriving will be at the detriment of locals.

I’m not against a couple of players from out the area but if you look at the current squad there’s a huge majority that are not Local by my counts it’s 11 players I’ve not even mentioned west cumbria etc that was mentioned by someone else in the thread and I replied.

My whole point is this what currently is happening in my opinion is not sustainable long term the club should explain how they are funding these imports. The club should release the finances on companies house so we can see that it’s sustainable (None listed since 2018)

When your going to have 10/11 players sitting and not playing every week it’s inevitable they will leave and the majority will be locals that miss out.

If I was to pick a Cumbrian team I think whitehaven could Recruit and be competitive in championship.

Burns
Bulman
Toal
Miller
Ritson
Dixon
Doran
Walker
Phillips
Shackley
Moore
Barnes
O’Brien

Riley
Maudling
Dowsett
Scholey

Few others I could add aswel

« Last Edit: 29 Nov 2020, 11:32:36 am by haven hora »

Offline eternal optimist

• First Team Backup
Reply #53 on: 29 Nov 2020, 12:24:58 pm

If I was to pick a Cumbrian team I think whitehaven could Recruit and be competitive in championship.

Burns
Bulman
Toal
Miller
Ritson
Dixon
Doran
Walker
Phillips
Shackley
Moore
Barnes
O’Brien

Riley
Maudling
Dowsett
Scholey

[/quote]

You have banged on about locals all throughout this thread even separating West Cumbrians from the rest of the County. To me that indicates you mean by local, West Cumbrian. With all this talent you are banging on about I asked you to name 17 West Cumbrians AVAILABLE to Whitehaven that could compete and retain our place in the Championship in 2021. Available does not include those contracted to other clubs. Looking at that team you have left West Cumbrians already contracted to Whitehaven  out and put non West Cumbrians in.

Des

Offline HavenWarrior

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #54 on: 29 Nov 2020, 12:28:04 pm
If you think that team would keep up the Championship, you are very much mistaken. Every club have recruited strongly, and that team although good.
Nowhere near good enough to stop up.

HW

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #55 on: 29 Nov 2020, 01:10:39 pm
I'm sorry but I think the team quoted above would go down from the championship it's far to strong at the minute
born and bred haven.

Offline haven hora

• Academy Star
Reply #56 on: 29 Nov 2020, 01:11:47 pm

Burns
Bulman
Toal
Miller
Ritson
Dixon
Doran
Walker
Phillips
Shackley
Moore
Barnes
O’Brien

Riley
Maudling
Dowsett
Scholey

You have banged on about locals all throughout this thread even separating West Cumbrians from the rest of the County. To me that indicates you mean by local, West Cumbrian. With all this talent you are banging on about I asked you to name 17 West Cumbrians AVAILABLE to Whitehaven that could compete and retain our place in the Championship in 2021. Available does not include those contracted to other clubs. Looking at that team you have left West Cumbrians already contracted to Whitehaven  out and put non West Cumbrians in.

Des
[/quote]

Like I said before Des read the thread fully please.

I didn’t separate them someone else did and i replied so please go back and look before making incorrect statements. 

That’s why I wrote a Cumbrian team.

But you now change the goal posts and the narrative to suit your argument.

I even said to someone about this I bet Des will mention available out of contract players and low and behold you did.

I’ll try and make my point a little clearer I apologise if I’ve not articulated it very well.

The recruitment of local players isn’t a overnight fix that’s why already in this thread I’ve mentioned about our neighbours down the road bringing in Gary Hewer and running a local player matrix so they don’t miss the best local talent and that’s doing to pay dividends down the line.

What’s going to happen to our local talent at the club when these Aussies are playing and 11 are sitting everyone is assuming the Aussies are going to make whitehaven a stronger team reality you don’t know that.

When I was on the BOD I spoke to a number local lads and they refused to come to whitehaven because of the way they had been treated in the past by the club  I won’t mention there names on here but by all means message me and I’ll tell you.

In my opinion this avenue of recruitment is not sustainable long term by all means if the current BOD can explain where the money has come from to sign these Aussies and that we have settled all our debts/liabilities etc but we know that won’t happen!

We haven’t even declared our books on companies house since 2018 in reality none of us know how we stand financially.

I won’t make any further replies.

Time will tell who is correct and who isn’t.

Offline eternal optimist

• First Team Backup
Reply #57 on: 29 Nov 2020, 01:28:32 pm
No chip here just care about the club and the local lads  and don’t agree with the recruitment.

They are coming for money mate nothing more don’t be so fickle they legit don’t even know where whitehaven is.

It’s not sustainable long term but again just my opinion based on our past.

Whitehaven non west Cumbrians

Carter
Bruie
Kelly
Wilkinson
Dowsett
Gillam
Walker
Dion
Walmsley
Morris
Taylor
Thompson
Jessy
Williams
Zammit
Croston
Newton
King 

Apolagies if I got any wrong

We have

Callum
Brett
Glen 
Bulman
Shacks
Holiday
Mossop
Dixon
Bradley

Who are west Cumbrian but how many leave when they don’t play regularly ?

Town have

Barnes
Brown
Curwen
Doran
Fitzsimmons
Henson
Maudling
Moore
Ramsden
Scholey
Tomposh
Wilson
Thompson

West Cumbrians who will be playing regularly.

They also have ten trialists and ten dual reg with local clubs apparently.

Town have Gary Hewer there also now and that’s gonna be a huge boost locally with recruitment for them along with Halcrow etc.

Trust me when lads ain’t playing and they ain’t getting winning pay because of these imports they ain’t gonna stay.

Must be something wrong with my thread. Did you not post this?

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #58 on: 29 Nov 2020, 01:40:29 pm
Keep it up I think they are brilliant des and it's very welcoming by most haven fans I can assure you

Offline haven hora

• Academy Star
Reply #59 on: 29 Nov 2020, 01:49:19 pm
Fantastic advert to all the local players in the area of why not to sign at whitehaven.

So much for LOCALS no young player is gonna look at our club twice now.

Town now have Gary Hewer involved massively respected in the community game that makes it even harder.

The only financial and sustainable way to grow and keep a club healthy is recruiting the best local talent it’s not rocket science.

And where are these locals at and playing at these signings have been playing if you haven't noticed we have had a virus in this country and no one been playing these signings come highly recommended and without the big signing on fee of unproven locals

JUST SAYING

Take your haven rose tinted glasses off Shaun.

Do you think these Aussies are coming over here for peanuts ?  :D

The Aussies haven’t been playing to my knowledge and they are not proven until they are here and do something.

As for the huge signing on fee locals want please name a local who has asked for a huge signing on fee or is that your opinion?.

There’s only one I know of and he’s at haven !

You seem a bit ****ed off matt you should go back and offer your service do you think we would stay up with the side that won championship 1
Personally my opinion I don't think we would of. Charlo and the board are doing a great job

Not at all never been happier bud.

I just find the hypocriticalness of many brilliant after we rammed down towns throats about our local team and slated them for the way they treat all the local lads  and what was achieved but now we’re in the championship who cares eh let’s just forget what them lads done for the club.

There’s no doubt we needed to strengthen but recruitment could of been done more sustainability we don’t need 4/5 Australians and to be paying agent fees etc.

I don’t agree with signing vast numbers of imports and travellers especially when they don’t even know where whitehaven is (reference there interviews)  it shows me they are coming for one reason.

It’s not sustainable long term you will need to recruit most likely every year to fill there places and in that time good young local lads will miss out and thus leave and others won’t come and you can’t blame them.

Of the starting 17 that gets picked do you think Morris king walmsley Williams. Are going to not play if fit  ?

Do you think Chris Taylor, Dave thompson Liam Cooper and Dion will not play if fit ?

Half the team starting team not from cumbria don’t get me wrong if your happy about that your entitled to your opinion as I am mine.

We will struggle to compete for the best locals with town with what they have in place and they will reap the rewards in 3/4 years.

What is the one reason they are all coming to Haven?

I can think of a few which won’t be your 1 reason:-

Opportunity to play overseas
Opportunity to put yourself in the shop window especially with some “smaller” nations now playing Internationals
Actually want to give it a go etc etc

You keep quoting Town as an example of a Club with just “local” players. They haven’t. They have non West Cumbrians in their squad

Also as the shortened 2020 season showed quite clearly what is good enough to win League 1 isn’t good enough to stay in the Championship and the quality of available good enough local players just isn’t there.

Anyway you’ve clearly got a chip in your shoulder so I know none of the above will be accepted or register

Like I said Des

Check the thread.

The non west Cumbrians was in reply to Leefs comment