HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Mr. Bryce Poisel

Offline eternal optimist

• First Team Backup
Reply #60 on: 29 Nov 2020, 02:27:10 pm
Fantastic advert to all the local players in the area of why not to sign at whitehaven.

So much for LOCALS no young player is gonna look at our club twice now.

Town now have Gary Hewer involved massively respected in the community game that makes it even harder.

The only financial and sustainable way to grow and keep a club healthy is recruiting the best local talent it’s not rocket science.

And where are these locals at and playing at these signings have been playing if you haven't noticed we have had a virus in this country and no one been playing these signings come highly recommended and without the big signing on fee of unproven locals

JUST SAYING

Take your haven rose tinted glasses off Shaun.

Do you think these Aussies are coming over here for peanuts ?  :D

The Aussies haven’t been playing to my knowledge and they are not proven until they are here and do something.

As for the huge signing on fee locals want please name a local who has asked for a huge signing on fee or is that your opinion?.

There’s only one I know of and he’s at haven !

You seem a bit ****ed off matt you should go back and offer your service do you think we would stay up with the side that won championship 1
Personally my opinion I don't think we would of. Charlo and the board are doing a great job

Not at all never been happier bud.

I just find the hypocriticalness of many brilliant after we rammed down towns throats about our local team and slated them for the way they treat all the local lads  and what was achieved but now we’re in the championship who cares eh let’s just forget what them lads done for the club.

There’s no doubt we needed to strengthen but recruitment could of been done more sustainability we don’t need 4/5 Australians and to be paying agent fees etc.

I don’t agree with signing vast numbers of imports and travellers especially when they don’t even know where whitehaven is (reference there interviews)  it shows me they are coming for one reason.

It’s not sustainable long term you will need to recruit most likely every year to fill there places and in that time good young local lads will miss out and thus leave and others won’t come and you can’t blame them.

Of the starting 17 that gets picked do you think Morris king walmsley Williams. Are going to not play if fit  ?

Do you think Chris Taylor, Dave thompson Liam Cooper and Dion will not play if fit ?

Half the team starting team not from cumbria don’t get me wrong if your happy about that your entitled to your opinion as I am mine.

We will struggle to compete for the best locals with town with what they have in place and they will reap the rewards in 3/4 years.

What is the one reason they are all coming to Haven?

I can think of a few which won’t be your 1 reason:-

Opportunity to play overseas
Opportunity to put yourself in the shop window especially with some “smaller” nations now playing Internationals
Actually want to give it a go etc etc

You keep quoting Town as an example of a Club with just “local” players. They haven’t. They have non West Cumbrians in their squad

Also as the shortened 2020 season showed quite clearly what is good enough to win League 1 isn’t good enough to stay in the Championship and the quality of available good enough local players just isn’t there.

Anyway you’ve clearly got a chip in your shoulder so I know none of the above will be accepted or register

Like I said Des

Check the thread.

The non west Cumbrians was in reply to Leefs comment

And in that thread you asked the questions how many West Cumbrians would leave if not picked regularly? You then pick a team leaving out current West Cumbrian squad members who you obviously don’t think are good enough for the Championship and won’t get their place in your team. Surely the same thing applies? In a squad of approx 28 you are never going to please everyone each week. Every player thinks they should play. I’d be disappointed if they didn't.

What you are saying on here is completely disrespectful to every player that pulls on the chocolate, blue and gold. You are saying if they are not local they are mercenaries and only here for the money. I would suggest doing a days work then doing a 6 hour round journey for a couple of hours training is commitment.

We would all like to see local players but at the same time the club is a business.  There are players that have left the club that I wish were still here. There are non locals that I have enjoyed watching over the years that have brought a lot to the club. There are locals I’ve watched who have thought they have a right to wear the shirt without commitment. There are locals who don’t want to play semi pro, there are locals that think they should be paid top money without having played a game at semi pro.

You are quite entitled to express your opinion Matthew but everyone that stands on the terrace has one. You had a short spell on the board so should be aware that there is no money tree. The Board have the job of running the club as they see fit. I am sure everyone of them wants nothing but the best for the club. But you have to do what you think is best at the time. Fans have been wanting us back in the Championship since relegation in 2016. We have now got that and now there we need to consolidate. That is the immediate priority and that is what the club has to deal with now.

It’s time we moved away from a small town mentality of a local team for local people and concentrated on having a successful rugby league club that attracts the best players in the area and make the club one that they want to play for. We need to stop looking over our shoulders at what our neighbours are doing and get on with what we have to do. No other club has a team of 17 locals and never will. Catalans don’t even have a team of 17 from France never mind their area.

That’s my tuppence anyhow. I’ll leave you to it Matthew.

Des

Offline LeeF

• First Team Regular
Reply #61 on: 29 Nov 2020, 07:09:23 pm
Fantastic advert to all the local players in the area of why not to sign at whitehaven.

Town now have Gary Hewer involved massively respected in the community game that makes it even harder.

The only financial and sustainable way to grow and keep a club healthy is recruiting the best local talent it’s not rocket science.

And where are these locals at and playing at these signings have been playing if you haven't noticed we have had a virus in this country and no one been playing these signings come highly recommended and without the big signing on fee of unproven locals

JUST SAYING

The Aussies haven’t been playing to my knowledge and they are not proven until they are here and do something.

As for the huge signing on fee locals want please name a local who has asked for a huge signing on fee or is that your opinion?.

You seem a bit ****ed off matt you should go back and offer your service do you think we would stay up with the side that won championship 1
Personally my opinion I don't think we would of. Charlo and the board are doing a great job

I just find the hypocriticalness of many brilliant after we rammed down towns throats about our local team and slated them for the way they treat all the local lads  and what was achieved but now we’re in the championship who cares eh let’s just forget what them lads done for the club.

There’s no doubt we needed to strengthen but recruitment could of been done more sustainability we don’t need 4/5 Australians and to be paying agent fees etc.

I don’t agree with signing vast numbers of imports and travellers especially when they don’t even know where whitehaven is (reference there interviews)  it shows me they are coming for one reason.

It’s not sustainable long term you will need to recruit most likely every year to fill there places and in that time good young local lads will miss out and thus leave and others won’t come and you can’t blame them.

Of the starting 17 that gets picked do you think Morris king walmsley Williams. Are going to not play if fit  ?

Do you think Chris Taylor, Dave thompson Liam Cooper and Dion will not play if fit ?

Half the team starting team not from cumbria don’t get me wrong if your happy about that your entitled to your opinion as I am mine.

We will struggle to compete for the best locals with town with what they have in place and they will reap the rewards in 3/4 years.

Opportunity to put yourself in the shop window especially with some “smaller” nations now playing Internationals

You keep quoting Town as an example of a Club with just “local” players. They haven’t. They have non West Cumbrians in their squad

Also as the shortened 2020 season showed quite clearly what is good enough to win League 1 isn’t good enough to stay in the Championship and the quality of available good enough local players just isn’t there.

Anyway you’ve clearly got a chip in your shoulder so I know none of the above will be accepted or register

Like I said Des

Check the thread.

With respect I suggest you read in full what you posted. You started the non West Cumbrian comments. You keep changing what you post as every other poster shows how bitter and twisted you are.

The only thing I would change about my comments is that you are well balanced - large chips on both shoulders

Offline Mk1

• First Team Backup
Reply #62 on: 29 Nov 2020, 08:43:52 pm

JUST SAYING

Like I said Des

Check the thread.

With respect I suggest you read in full what you posted. You started the non West Cumbrian comments. You keep changing what you post as every other poster shows how bitter and twisted you are.

The only thing I would change about my comments is that you are well balanced - large chips on both shoulders
O.K. guys enoughs enough, you've all slated each other enough, everyone's got an opinion  and whether you agree with it or not that's up to you but I'm sure everyone has the best interests of the club at heart and to be simplistic I for one ( and maybe more than me ) are fed up of  this post.

Online WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #63 on: 29 Nov 2020, 10:21:27 pm
I think this year's squad did going to be brilliant and fans will love what will be on show the crack about town and locals is fair enough they are in league 1 so can give locals more of a go than we can and they are copying everything we did when we won the league they obv realised we had a great year and are going down the same route and that gives me a great big smile on my face we must-have done something right. Come on guys back the squad as it's gonna be a great season and I'm just happy to watch rugby again

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #64 on: 03 Dec 2020, 06:00:18 pm
Gregg mcnally local lad great signing
born and bred haven.

Online WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #65 on: 03 Dec 2020, 06:03:55 pm
Couldn't have got better than him marra great player no idea how we got him back still got many years on him

Offline HavenWarrior

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #66 on: 03 Dec 2020, 06:48:06 pm
Hope he not gonna be a Traveller, apparently we have too many of those already. 🤔🤔🤔

HW

Offline Cumbria RL

• Academy Signing
Reply #67 on: 03 Dec 2020, 07:27:07 pm
Hope he not gonna be a Traveller, apparently we have too many of those already. 🤔🤔🤔

HW

Well still lives in Leigh so won't be moving to Whitehaven for 12 months will he.. A 12th traveller..

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #68 on: 03 Dec 2020, 07:28:28 pm

HW

Well still lives in Leigh so won't be moving to Whitehaven for 12 months will he.. A 12th traveller..

Still a Kells lad
born and bred haven.

Offline noahrob

• Fans Favourite
Reply #69 on: 03 Dec 2020, 07:48:03 pm

HW

Still a Kells lad
I wonder how is wife is doing? she was  quite ill at one time.

Offline haven hora

• Academy Star
Reply #70 on: 03 Dec 2020, 08:14:22 pm

HW

Thought there was no room and money left to try and sign jake though  ::)

Gregg is a good player no doubt about that  but travelling money again I really hope the club has the finances to keep its head above water.

Offline Cumbria RL

• Academy Signing
Reply #71 on: 03 Dec 2020, 08:25:24 pm

HW

Still a Kells lad

That's like saying Forber is Local to Workington a Saint Helens lad in Workington a Leigh lad ( for 10 years) now in Whitehaven again 🤷‍♂️

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #72 on: 05 Dec 2020, 09:17:22 pm

HW

Gregg is a good player no doubt about that  but travelling money again I really hope the club has the finances to keep its head above water.

Heard on the grapevine we have a certain goalkeeper to thank for some investment in players . No idea how much truth there is in this

Offline haven hora

• Academy Star
Reply #73 on: 05 Dec 2020, 11:15:45 pm

HW

Heard on the grapevine we have a certain goalkeeper to thank for some investment in players . No idea how much truth there is in this

I’ve also heard the “rumour” that Dean henderson has put money into the club however I highly doubt it but it would be nice if the club could confirm or deny this?  or even explain how the club is so affluent now.

The last accounts showing up on Companies House are to 31 December 2018 and they show the balance sheet as being deficient by £133,805 (Liabilities exceed assets)

Why is there no accounts provided to the current period ?   :o

The sustainability of the club is what matters hence my previous comments.

« Last Edit: 05 Dec 2020, 11:21:19 pm by haven hora »

Offline MrsHavenWarrior

• Administrator
  • Haven Immortal
Reply #74 on: 06 Dec 2020, 01:25:34 pm
Right guys, this thread has gone COMPLETELY awry.  Therefore, locked.

Let's get down to sensible posting and keeping on topic
🤎💙💛 Whitehaven RLFC 🤎💙💛