HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Gregg McNally Comes Home

Offline MrsHavenWarrior

• Administrator
  • Haven Immortal
on: 03 Dec 2020, 04:34:23 pm
From https://www.facebook.com/WhitehavenRLFC2010/

Whitehaven born GREGG McNALLY is leaving Leigh Centurions and returning to his hometown club for the 2021 season. The former Haven star has signed a one year deal with Whitehaven for the 2021 Betfred Championship season.
Twenty nine year old McNally started his professional career with Whitehaven. He made a sensational debut for Haven on the 29th May 2008 at home to Salford when he scored a hat trick of tries in a 26-22 win. After scoring eight tries in nine appearances in 2008 he was snapped up by Super League club, Huddersfield Giants. He returned to Haven for a couple of loan spells in 2009 and 2010 then signed for Leigh Centurions in 2012. He joined Bradford Bulls for the 2018 season before returning to Leigh in 2019. Earlier this year he smashed the 1000 points mark for his professional career. McNally has also made twelve appearances for Ireland on the International scene playing at full back and half back as well as making ten appearances in Super League for Huddersfield and Leigh Centurions.
McNally is looking forward to the challenge ahead. He said,“I’m very excited to be back and pulling on the chocolate, blue and gold. I’ve been lucky to experience it once before and can’t wait to get back into it. Hopefully I can do well for the club.”
Chairman, Tom Todd, believes that McNally is the final piece of the jigsaw for Haven. He said, “This is one of the biggest signings the club has made in a long, long time. We saw earlier this year that we lacked experience at times and Gregg has that experience in abundance. I think with the talent from Australia that we are brining in together with the other talent in the club Gregg could be the key man to keep us in the Championship. Welcome back to your home club Gregg and I’m sure all the fans just can’t wait to see us in action again. I would like to say thank you to Mark Stamper and his team for bringing this important signing to the club.
Haven Coach, Gary Charlton, is excited to have McNally aboard for his 2021 Betfred Championship squad. He said, “We are really excited to have Gregg on board. He is a current Ireland international and has played Championship rugby for a lot of years at Leigh. He is a proven try scorer whichever position he plays and also offers us utility value as he can play numerous positions.”
Haven Chairman, Tom Todd, was quick to praise the support group the Vice Presidents and their assistance in the signing. He said, “Once again thanks to the Vice Presidents who have been so generous and provided the financial support as they have done with lots of players, not just this one. They contribute money on a regular basis, twelve months out of twelve months. They are a great organisation if you haven’t joined get onto the club, get in touch with Des or any of the Directors.”
🤎💙💛 Whitehaven RLFC 🤎💙💛

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #1 on: 03 Dec 2020, 05:21:29 pm
Some signing this welcome home marra no idea how we pulled this off

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #2 on: 03 Dec 2020, 05:29:30 pm
More great news
born and bred haven.

Offline Cumbria RL

• Academy Signing
Reply #3 on: 03 Dec 2020, 09:35:47 pm
More great news

Another traveller local lad coming from Leigh.

• Haven Legend
Reply #4 on: 03 Dec 2020, 09:59:15 pm
He's a haven lad how is he a traveller?

Offline Cumbria RL

• Academy Signing
Reply #5 on: 04 Dec 2020, 10:31:51 pm

Because he's not moving back? He's taking travelling money to me that's a Traveller

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #6 on: 05 Dec 2020, 08:20:50 am

Because he's not moving back? He's taking travelling money to me that's a Traveller

His mam and dad still live on Kells he is a Kells lad no traveller
born and bred haven.

Offline Cumbria RL

• Academy Signing
Reply #7 on: 05 Dec 2020, 08:46:18 am

His mam and dad still live on Kells he is a Kells lad no traveller

He lives in Leigh therefore will tavel from Leigh to Whitehaven? That surely makes him a traveller or am I missing something? I know he used to be a Bradford player but unless Mick Gledhill gave him a tardis to move him from A to B he's a traveller.

• Haven Legend
Reply #8 on: 05 Dec 2020, 09:26:30 am
Does it really matter as long as we have a passionate team on the field giving there all I can live with that I actually think this is the best squad we have had for a very long time and we all need to back it rather than slate it 2020 has been hard enough I personally can't wait to get my rugby fix back and if this squad doesn't excite you then nothing will 🍫🔵🏅

Offline Cumbria RL

• Academy Signing
Reply #9 on: 05 Dec 2020, 09:36:45 am
Does it really matter as long as we have a passionate team on the field giving there all I can live with that I actually think this is the best squad we have had for a very long time and we all need to back it rather than slate it 2020 has been hard enough I personally can't wait to get my rugby fix back and if this squad doesn't excite you then nothing will 🍫🔵🏅

You say this every year how is it sustainable to have so many travellers. My money will be going to Workington Town they've put their money where their mouth is and went local and actually meant it by getting the likes of Hewer on board.

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #10 on: 05 Dec 2020, 09:53:56 am

You say this every year how is it sustainable to have so many travellers. My money will be going to Workington Town they've put their money where their mouth is and went local and actually meant it by getting the likes of Hewer on board.

Is Mr Charlton not local you will need more than Gary hewer on board personally I think town will struggle this season but who is going to join us in the championship I think it will be barrow
born and bred haven.

Offline Cumbria RL

• Academy Signing
Reply #11 on: 05 Dec 2020, 09:58:21 am

Is Mr Charlton not local you will need more than Gary hewer on board personally I think town will struggle this season but who is going to join us in the championship I think it will be barrow

Where do town struggle? They've kept a solid base and added solid players to it. Likes of Cus, Henson, Tomposh and lighthowler to mention a couple.

In my opinion Newcastle get the 14th spot on commercial purposes. To me it's Whitehaven and Oldham for the drop this year. The amount of foreign players ie out of Cumbria NOT west Cumbria just Cumbria is to many. Your putting a lot of pressure on unproven lads.. Just my opinion.

• Haven Legend
Reply #12 on: 05 Dec 2020, 10:05:53 am

Ok Marra 👋

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #13 on: 05 Dec 2020, 10:07:17 am

Where do town struggle? They've kept a solid base and added solid players to it. Likes of Cus, Henson, Tomposh and lighthowler to mention a couple.

In my opinion Newcastle get the 14th spot on commercial purposes. To me it's Whitehaven and Oldham for the drop this year. The amount of foreign players ie out of Cumbria NOT west Cumbria just Cumbria is to many. Your putting a lot of pressure on unproven lads.. Just my opinion.

If you were in our position you would definitely do the same even your coach thorman is a traveller where all haven are local coaches doing a great job.
Our squad looks so much stronger than it was last season yes maybe unproven but an exciting season ahead we will have to wait and see I'm looking forward to going to Leigh Featherstone Bradford Sheffield and York widnes toulouse batley dewsbury Oldham Swinton Halifax London  rather than going to South Wales Coventry skolars etc
Can't wait
« Last Edit: 05 Dec 2020, 10:10:01 am by haven94 »
born and bred haven.

• Haven Legend
Reply #14 on: 05 Dec 2020, 10:11:42 am

Town will struggle you have some good players but u have a lot of bang average players

Tomposh gives his all but is far too light could not make yards and struggled for haven so left you are copying exactly what haven did 2 years ago and once it gets you out of league 1 it's not good enough at champ level and your team isn't anywhere near what we had to win league 1 so yes u will struggle and barrow should be certs to come up to championship. Imagine if town did come up with your current squad 😱 and all town fans called haven everything under the sun. You really think that's squad u have could handle championship rugby it will struggle getting u in the playoffs in league 1