HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Gregg McNally Comes Home

Offline Cumbria RL

• Academy Signing
Reply #15 on: 05 Dec 2020, 10:19:59 am
Does it really matter as long as we have a passionate team on the field giving there all I can live with that I actually think this is the best squad we have had for a very long time and we all need to back it rather than slate it 2020 has been hard enough I personally can't wait to get my rugby fix back and if this squad doesn't excite you then nothing will πŸ«πŸ”΅πŸ…

You say this every year how is it sustainable to have so many travellers. My money will be going to Workington Town they've put their money where their mouth is and went local and actually meant it by getting the likes of Hewer on board.

Is Mr Charlton not local you will need more than Gary hewer on board personally I think town will struggle this season but who is going to join us in the championship I think it will be barrow

Where do town struggle? They've kept a solid base and added solid players to it. Likes of Cus, Henson, Tomposh and lighthowler to mention a couple.

In my opinion Newcastle get the 14th spot on commercial purposes. To me it's Whitehaven and Oldham for the drop this year. The amount of foreign players ie out of Cumbria NOT west Cumbria just Cumbria is to many. Your putting a lot of pressure on unproven lads.. Just my opinion.

If you were in our position you would definitely do the same even your coach thorman is a traveller where all haven are local coaches doing a great job.
Our squad looks so much stronger than it was last season yes maybe unproven but an exciting season ahead we will have to wait and see I'm looking forward to going to Leigh Featherstone Bradford Sheffield and York widnes toulouse batley dewsbury Oldham Swinton Halifax London  rather than going to South Wales Coventry skolars etc
Can't wait

πŸ‘ Bravo sir I tip my hat, Neil Frazer, Jimmy Woolaghan, Nigel Douglas, Matthew Johnson, Stephen Daniel and Gary Hewer.. Yeah our coach is a traveller but he's ENGLISH and probably the best coach outside of Super League along with James Ford. I wonder how long it'll be until the club is going in another direction or I can't take them any further comes in.. It did at Workington and its a matter of time at Whitehaven. You enjoy your trips to Halifax ect. Take a calculator along for the ride. You'll need it fellas πŸ˜‰ have a good season boys. Australhaven aren't we.

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #16 on: 05 Dec 2020, 10:24:29 am
U enjoy playing Welsh teams and and Coventry etc Infront of 400 pal jog on id rather be in our position than yours thorman is a good coach but your either having a laugh or just pure and simple stupid while we host top sides you can sit in the dumps of the donkey dome and dream of what we are doing enjoy

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #17 on: 05 Dec 2020, 10:25:02 am
Does it really matter as long as we have a passionate team on the field giving there all I can live with that I actually think this is the best squad we have had for a very long time and we all need to back it rather than slate it 2020 has been hard enough I personally can't wait to get my rugby fix back and if this squad doesn't excite you then nothing will πŸ«πŸ”΅πŸ…

You say this every year how is it sustainable to have so many travellers. My money will be going to Workington Town they've put their money where their mouth is and went local and actually meant it by getting the likes of Hewer on board.

Is Mr Charlton not local you will need more than Gary hewer on board personally I think town will struggle this season but who is going to join us in the championship I think it will be barrow

Where do town struggle? They've kept a solid base and added solid players to it. Likes of Cus, Henson, Tomposh and lighthowler to mention a couple.

In my opinion Newcastle get the 14th spot on commercial purposes. To me it's Whitehaven and Oldham for the drop this year. The amount of foreign players ie out of Cumbria NOT west Cumbria just Cumbria is to many. Your putting a lot of pressure on unproven lads.. Just my opinion.

If you were in our position you would definitely do the same even your coach thorman is a traveller where all haven are local coaches doing a great job.
Our squad looks so much stronger than it was last season yes maybe unproven but an exciting season ahead we will have to wait and see I'm looking forward to going to Leigh Featherstone Bradford Sheffield and York widnes toulouse batley dewsbury Oldham Swinton Halifax London  rather than going to South Wales Coventry skolars etc
Can't wait

πŸ‘ Bravo sir I tip my hat, Neil Frazer, Jimmy Woolaghan, Nigel Douglas, Matthew Johnson, Stephen Daniel and Gary Hewer.. Yeah our coach is a traveller but he's ENGLISH and probably the best coach outside of Super League along with James Ford. I wonder how long it'll be until the club is going in another direction or I can't take them any further comes in.. It did at Workington and its a matter of time at Whitehaven. You enjoy your trips to Halifax ect. Take a calculator along for the ride. You'll need it fellas πŸ˜‰ have a good season boys. Australhaven aren't we.

What a bitter post charlo did a great job for you but his heart was always at haven he didn't expect to win the league in his first season but that's credit to him he's a winner
Enjoy the 8 hour drive in your taxi to South Wales 😳
born and bred haven.

Offline Cumbria RL

• Academy Signing
Reply #18 on: 05 Dec 2020, 10:29:31 am
U enjoy playing Welsh teams and and Coventry etc Infront of 400 pal jog on id rather be in our position than yours thorman is a good coach but your either having a laugh or just pure and simple stupid while we host top sides you can sit in the dumps of the donkey dome and dream of what we are doing enjoy

It's all good hosting these 'top' sides you hosted Tolouse in 2020 and got what 550? Your crowds aren't exactly great. You had 803 for Swinton on return to the championship yet supposedly took 700 to Coventry for the glory. Yes I'll enjoy West Wales, NWC ect very hospitable

Offline Cumbria RL

• Academy Signing
Reply #19 on: 05 Dec 2020, 10:31:43 am

Can't wait

What a bitter post charlo did a great job for you but his heart was always at haven he didn't expect to win the league in his first season but that's credit to him he's a winner

You actually believe your own πŸ’© that's what makes this discussion impossible to have.

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #20 on: 05 Dec 2020, 10:36:10 am

Can't wait

You actually believe your own πŸ’© that's what makes this discussion impossible to have.

Like I say I know where I'd rather be playing enjoyed the hemel Oxford trips but back to the games you want  not impossible discussion facts marra
born and bred haven.

Offline Cumbria RL

• Academy Signing
Reply #21 on: 05 Dec 2020, 10:47:37 am

Can't wait

Like I say I know where I'd rather be playing enjoyed the hemel Oxford trips but back to the games you want  not impossible discussion facts marra

Think we'd both struggle going to Hemel and Oxford seen as to how the aren't in the league.. A fact is something that is true. Not something you make up because the truth is to much to appreciate. Why is it that none of the Egremont lads who were due to sign at Whitehaven didn't in the end? Not good enough? Didn't want an 8 mile round trip? Didn't like charlo from his days at Mont πŸ€”.

Why is it Marcus O'brien signed up for Workington rather than Whitehaven, Matty Henson, Marwood? The list goes on and on. Surely you'd want to be playing at the highest possibly level.

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #22 on: 05 Dec 2020, 10:58:36 am

Can't wait

Who lol I'm a admirer of Jamie Doran at the jam but that's about it obviously charlo dosnt want them back to charlo he beat us 7 in a row best coach you have had in a long time putting Leon in the bin in the last minute thanks Dan abram will always be up there he took you to a OK team stop being bitter good luck next season you will need it.
born and bred haven.

Offline Cumbria RL

• Academy Signing
Reply #23 on: 05 Dec 2020, 11:04:15 am

Can't wait

Who lol I'm a admirer of Jamie Doran at the jam but that's about it obviously charlo dosnt want them back to charlo he beat us 7 in a row best coach you have had in a long time putting Leon in the bin in the last minute thanks Dan abram will always be up there he took you to a OK team stop being bitter good luck next season you will need it.

Elliot Miller
Scholey
Barnes
Moore
Dawson
Brown
Curwen
They don't impress you and that just off top of my head.

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #24 on: 05 Dec 2020, 11:39:21 am

Can't wait

Elliot Miller
Scholey
Barnes
Moore
Dawson
Brown
Curwen

Sorry will have jake feel sorry we lost jake shame about his Ottawa nightmare the rest no thanks
born and bred haven.

Offline Cumbria RL

• Academy Signing
Reply #25 on: 05 Dec 2020, 11:48:36 am

Can't wait

Elliot Miller
Scholey
Barnes
Moore
Dawson
Brown
Curwen

Sorry will have jake feel sorry we lost jake shame about his Ottawa nightmare the rest no thanks

Scholey and Curwen probably the most underrated forwards in L1. Barnes is SL quality. Elliot Miller is probably the best player in L1 when fit. Dawson has been a hell of a find. Brown played for haven previously and was a great addition to u? I don't get your logic

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #26 on: 05 Dec 2020, 12:11:59 pm

Can't wait

Elliot Miller
Scholey
Barnes
Moore
Dawson
Brown
Curwen

Scholey and Curwen probably the most underrated forwards in L1. Barnes is SL quality. Elliot Miller is probably the best player in L1 when fit. Dawson has been a hell of a find. Brown played for haven previously and was a great addition to u? I don't get your logic

We will have to disagree then unless they play for haven or town were blinkered I'm happy with our squad and can't wait for the season
born and bred haven.

Offline eternal optimist

• First Team Backup
Reply #27 on: 05 Dec 2020, 12:13:51 pm
Cumbria RL

Andrew Dawson has signed for Whitehaven for 2021

Des

Offline townie

• Academy Signing
Reply #28 on: 05 Dec 2020, 12:16:31 pm
Cumbria RL

Des

Hanley Dawson hasn't though. ;D ;D

Offline eternal optimist

• First Team Backup
Reply #29 on: 05 Dec 2020, 12:18:12 pm
Cumbria RL

Des

Hanley Dawson hasn't though. ;D ;D

πŸ™ˆπŸ™ˆπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚Correct sir. I’ll get my coat.