HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Missing players

Offline Recre Faithful

• First Team Regular
on: 07 May 2021, 01:16:42 pm
Can anyone from the club tell the fans exactly why  players are not playing we sign a winger who can catch pigeons  scores a great try yet again he’s not in the team instead we will play  someone who’s had a mare of a season so far. Then we get to injuries what exactly is wrong with the injured players instead of just saying there injured and will be 6-8 weeks let the fans know or is it a need to know basis,
Whitehaven RLFC The real pride of cumbria

Remember not everything that talks with an Aussie accent is good enough to wear the Green & Gold

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #1 on: 07 May 2021, 09:58:22 pm
We signed Ryan king but he’s got a knee problem and will miss half the season what is the point in bringing over a player who’s injured and will be costing a fortune sitting on the sidelines

Offline boldyno1

• Academy Star
Reply #2 on: 07 May 2021, 10:02:40 pm
Brett packed in by all accounts. Big loss if true

Offline HavenMascot

• Fans Favourite
Reply #3 on: 10 May 2021, 07:25:08 pm
Can anyone from the club tell the fans exactly why  players are not playing we sign a winger who can catch pigeons  scores a great try yet again he’s not in the team instead we will play  someone who’s had a mare of a season so far. Then we get to injuries what exactly is wrong with the injured players instead of just saying there injured and will be 6-8 weeks let the fans know or is it a need to know basis,

Ask and you shall receive - https://fb.watch/5pcXZPMg2c/ and for those that may not be on facebook you can view - https://youtu.be/MBdai-nLmbY

"Born A Haven Supporter, I Am A Haven Supporter, I'll Die A Haven Supporter, My Spirit Will Be A Haven Supporter, I Will Be A Haven Supporter No Matter What! Am A PROUD Haven Fan No Matter What! Haven Through Thick & Thin!"

Offline Championess2019

• Academy Star
Reply #4 on: 10 May 2021, 08:12:07 pm
We signed Ryan king but he’s got a knee problem and will miss half the season what is the point in bringing over a player who’s injured and will be costing a fortune sitting on the sidelines

I would assume part of the reason was to keep the aussie agent sweet.  Or maybe we didnt have a get out clause.  He will be back for second half of season and will win us games if he has recovered properly.

• Haven Legend
Reply #5 on: 10 May 2021, 10:34:46 pm
Really hoping he’s a good one and worth the wait bud

Offline HavenMascot

• Fans Favourite
Reply #6 on: 11 May 2021, 09:38:26 am

I would assume part of the reason was to keep the aussie agent sweet.  Or maybe we didnt have a get out clause.  He will be back for second half of season and will win us games if he has recovered properly.

The reason is discussed in the video - Ryan has come on an Italian passport and the implications of Brexit meant if Ryan didn’t come when he did then a new visa would have been needed which the club could still be waiting for now.
« Last Edit: 11 May 2021, 09:43:49 am by HavenMascot »

"Born A Haven Supporter, I Am A Haven Supporter, I'll Die A Haven Supporter, My Spirit Will Be A Haven Supporter, I Will Be A Haven Supporter No Matter What! Am A PROUD Haven Fan No Matter What! Haven Through Thick & Thin!"

Offline Championess2019

• Academy Star
Reply #7 on: 11 May 2021, 11:56:55 am
I heard the reason stated.  But as the above poster to me stated.  Why would you rush a player over who may play 30% of the season when he will be one of the top earners?

Offline Haven83

• Academy Star
Reply #8 on: 11 May 2021, 08:00:14 pm
Great update on players hopefully we will get a few back soon, but what happened to Morris lad that we had signed?

Offline KCR

• Academy Signing
Reply #9 on: 13 May 2021, 12:38:11 pm
Great update

lets get behind the club instead of bickering they are trying there best a much bigger squad which is proving itself itself already

I did not realise Whitehaven had so many moaners as supporters

Give the board the benefit of the doubt instead of presumptions

Come on Haven

Offline davo5

• First Team Regular
Reply #10 on: 19 May 2021, 08:52:22 am
Town fans banging on that Bullman is wanting to leave and join them.

• Haven Legend
Reply #11 on: 19 May 2021, 10:04:51 am
Why would he lower his standards and go there much lower level rugby

Offline twopenny book

• Academy Star
Reply #12 on: 19 May 2021, 01:04:01 pm
you mean 1 person heard a rumour and 1 person said he couldn't see it, hardly banging on about it.
You can change this a 1000 times it still borrrrrrrrrrring

Offline Biffer

• Academy Star
Reply #13 on: 19 May 2021, 04:58:40 pm

Banging on!  🤣 🤣

Heard 2 people mention it, 1 was on the Town forum and the other 1 was you

Online HavenWarrior

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #14 on: 20 Jun 2021, 05:54:47 pm
Whats crack with Riley, Shacks, King and Mr AWOL ( Olstrom).

HW