HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Haven v Swinton Lions 4.7.21 - Match Reaction

Offline African exile

• First Team Backup
Reply #15 on: 04 Jul 2021, 06:53:14 pm
Anyone catch half time draw number.?
If it's a girl they're naming her Sigourney after an actress, if it's a boy the 're naming him Rodney after Dave

Offline Wiltshire Steve

• Academy Star
  • Whitehaven RFLC fan from Portsmouth UK
Reply #16 on: 04 Jul 2021, 07:00:12 pm
750 is great attendance today.

Offline Exile in Jamland

• Academy Signing
Reply #17 on: 04 Jul 2021, 08:13:25 pm
For 13 horrible minutes at the start of the 2nd half I thought I was watching the Batley match again! Swinton regularly score points, but concede more. That's what happened today, fortunately. In those 13 mins we only had the ball twice and coughed it up both times. We do need to be smarter. Thought Lachlan and Karl Dixon were great. Karl always causes defences problems when he runs at them. Shacks too, in two spells looked good. I know some are giving Newts a hard time, but I thought we were better with him on the pitch. I think Oscar Thomas has struggled, but should he really be spelling Newts off? Hopefully Callum back soon. I also think Cooper is getting better every week. We need to accept there are some we ain't likely to win and target those we can/might. Injuries coming back need game time, so hopefully King and Riley for example can get that and stake a claim? As always we look a better team with Dion on the pitch. Happy with the win. Let's move on and continue to build and retain Championship status.

Offline Wiltshire Steve

• Academy Star
Reply #18 on: 04 Jul 2021, 08:16:54 pm
Fully agree, it will be hard at Halifax next week, but you never know, got to target the  home game with Oldham as a must win game

Offline Casperjack

• Academy Star
Reply #19 on: 05 Jul 2021, 09:03:08 am
Jason mossop gives 100% every week, it's the unseen work he does in defence and willingness to run the ball out of defence that I like.   I'd leave other's out before him.

Offline Wiltshire Steve

• Academy Star
Reply #20 on: 05 Jul 2021, 09:17:22 am
Agree with Casperjack, mossop plays well week after week, a lot of his work off the ball goes unnoticed.

Offline Mk1

• First Team Backup
Reply #21 on: 05 Jul 2021, 12:25:47 pm
Agree with Casperjack, mossop plays well week after week, a lot of his work off the ball goes unnoticed.
Agree,not as sharp as he was (but who is?) But still puts a **** in.

Offline Mk1

• First Team Backup
Reply #22 on: 05 Jul 2021, 12:26:40 pm
Agree,not as sharp as he was (but who is?) But still puts a **** in.
**** = should read shift.

Offline Wiltshire Steve

• Academy Star
Reply #23 on: 05 Jul 2021, 12:28:24 pm
Lol, predictive spelling, you must use that word a lot lol

Offline spelly

• Academy Signing
Reply #24 on: 05 Jul 2021, 02:15:28 pm
I'm a Lion, and was there yesterday. The comment "unbelievable help from the officials" made me smile.

You had one sin bin, we had two, and the penalty count was (I think) 9-8 in our favour. Not sure about the "six agains" but you seemed to have more than us, but...................

I don't blame officials, they do a great job under difficult circumstances. Yes they make mistakes, but so do players, and coaches.

If we could've scored again after we nudged in front in the second half, it might have been different, but we didn't, and you dominated from then on. I reckon the fourteen point margin was just about fair over the eighty minutes, so no complaints from me!

I see you've got 'Fax next week. That won't be easy, coz they destroyed us at Heywood Road, and look a decent outfit.

On a separate matter entirely, there was a thread on RL Fans about Super League, and someone suggested a Cumbria merged team, to which my reply was summat like "Haven and Worky would never merge." I presume you agree with me?

Anyone going to Wembley on Saturday week? If so, see you down there!

Spelly.
« Last Edit: 05 Jul 2021, 02:18:29 pm by spelly »

Offline Wiltshire Steve

• Academy Star
Reply #25 on: 05 Jul 2021, 02:31:10 pm
Totally agree you Shelly, Haven and town would never merge, I’m from Wolverhampton originally, it’s a bit like saying Wolves and West Bromwich Albion merge, it’ll never happen my friend, too much rivalry over a long period of time

Offline Wiltshire Steve

• Academy Star
Reply #26 on: 05 Jul 2021, 02:42:07 pm
Sorry Spelly, productive texting I’m afraid

Offline spelly

• Academy Signing
Reply #27 on: 05 Jul 2021, 07:43:35 pm
One thing I was very impressed with yesterday, was how good the stewards were.

Some places you go, and they're nowt more than thugs in hi-viz, but your guys were great.

Friendly, helpful, and one even gave us a hand us to put up our flags!

Thank you!

Spelly.

Offline Championess2019

• Academy Star
Reply #28 on: 05 Jul 2021, 08:28:26 pm
I'm a Lion, and was there yesterday. The comment "unbelievable help from the officials" made me smile.

You had one sin bin, we had two, and the penalty count was (I think) 9-8 in our favour. Not sure about the "six agains" but you seemed to have more than us, but...................

I don't blame officials, they do a great job under difficult circumstances. Yes they make mistakes, but so do players, and coaches.

If we could've scored again after we nudged in front in the second half, it might have been different, but we didn't, and you dominated from then on. I reckon the fourteen point margin was just about fair over the eighty minutes, so no complaints from me!

I see you've got 'Fax next week. That won't be easy, coz they destroyed us at Heywood Road, and look a decent outfit.

On a separate matter entirely, there was a thread on RL Fans about Super League, and someone suggested a Cumbria merged team, to which my reply was summat like "Haven and Worky would never merge." I presume you agree with me?

Anyone going to Wembley on Saturday week? If so, see you down there!

Spelly.

I have watched the game back and stand with what I said.  Our try disallowed at 0 0 was laughable.  In the lead up to your first try you recieved a penalty on 4th tackle which was incorrect.  You then got 6 again on last tackle and I eventually scored.  The identical thing happened for your 3rd try.  The sin bins were for a clear professional foul and a incident were lloyd put his elbow into one of our players faces.  On the rugby side you were enjoyable to watch with a very good following.  2 props short of being a very competitive side.  I am sure you will get some wins very soon.

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #29 on: 05 Jul 2021, 08:43:35 pm
Have to agree some of the decisions wer so bad they wer laughable we wer the much better team and the ref kept Swinton in the game with the decisions the score line could have and would been quite a lot higher if the officials didn’t help them out and right after half time it was penalty penalty 6 again for swinton for the first 20 mins hence how they got back In the game we finally got back into it the final 20 and ran away a little bit but the score line is flattering to swinton I will give them there due they aren’t the worse side I’ve seen at the recreation ground