HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

The TRUTH about the NR cup final!

Offline Jaypeet

• Academy Star
on: 17 Jul 2007, 09:51:50 pm
Okay here's a thread for you  - only add to it if you can back up any claims you make with evidence, not the usual rumours or 'I was told' rubbish that has been posted on here for the last few weeks.  I'll start us off;

Haven were beaten on Sunday by Widnes, a better team than Haven who played an almost fault free game on the day.

The ref didn't really do Haven any favours.

Haven had their share of bad luck too.

We all realistically knew before that game that we were unlikely to win.

That is all I can say for certain - everything else I have read on here is either opinion, utter bull, unsubstatiated rumour or people adding 2 and 2 and getting 5!

Please only add to this thread things that are true!

Guess there won't be many answers!!!!!
God this is a long tunnel...........and its getting longer by the minute!

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #1 on: 17 Jul 2007, 09:54:22 pm
you missed a couple out

we didnt help ourselves by giving the ref most opportunities to penalise us

and < as i have said before something we have go to stop > we started to feel sorry for ourselves instead of knuckling down and playing with a bit of pride and passion!
the reverand, big mac

Just cause you don't understand what's going on don't mean it don't make no sense
And just cause you don't like it, don't mean it ain't no good

Offline Haven till we die

• Academy Star
  • Grand Final here we come HAVEN!!
    • www.whitehavenrl.co.uk
Reply #2 on: 17 Jul 2007, 09:55:16 pm
Guess so!!!!!!

Offline Jaypeet

• Academy Star
Reply #3 on: 17 Jul 2007, 09:57:28 pm
Yep, I'll go along with those.
God this is a long tunnel...........and its getting longer by the minute!

Offline mr hopefull

• First Team Backup
  • off we go-- come on haven-- come on haven
Reply #4 on: 17 Jul 2007, 10:30:04 pm
agree with all those quotes,,,,,,to be honest imo the first 7/8 minutes i thought the team were well fired up and up for it,,,,,it all went pear shaped after the g.b. incident,,once it was 18-0  the players bound to have been getting flash backs of the cas final,,,i certainly was,,and from then on the team started to panic,,giving daft penalties away,,and making to many errors,,,anything we tried to do went bollocks,,anything widnes tried ,,,came off,,,even morans kick through bounced off our player back into his hands and led to another try,,,yes the ref made a couple of dodgy decisions , but widnes had a couple also,,,,,,,at the end of the day we did loose to a better team,,widnes,,although they are proving to be the best team so far in nl1,,,,,,,they are not 48 points better than us,,,,we need to go down ther on sunday and show them we can play some rugby,,try and come away with a bonus point,, :o,,,

here's hoping :-[

Offline Flannerz

• Administrator
  • Fans Favourite
Reply #5 on: 17 Jul 2007, 10:48:42 pm
once it was 18-0  the players bound to have been getting flash backs of the cas final,,,i certainly was,,and from then on the team started to panic

I was actually having flash backs of Cas at home 2 seasons ago and Fax at home this season when the score was 18-0, i soon woke up though ;)

Offline widnes_tilidie

• Academy Signing
  • WIDNES TILL I DIE
Reply #6 on: 18 Jul 2007, 01:58:23 am
WIDNES WAS SIMPLY THE STRONGER TEAM ON THE DAY WITH CUP FINAL VETURNS CASSIDY,SMITH AND WITH PLAYERS WHO CAN HANDLE BIG GAME PRESSURE
IT JUST WASNT HAVENS DAY WITH THE REF AGAINST YOU'S MISTAKES AND PENS ALLAGAINST YOUS

WIDNES TILL I DIE

Offline Sicey Mad

• Academy Signing
Reply #7 on: 18 Jul 2007, 10:10:01 am
It just simply wasnt our day, Widnes were odds on favourites to win and they certainly delivered. I totally agree with the above posts and I just hope things within the club, team and coach improve!

WHITEHAVENHERO

Reply #8 on: 18 Jul 2007, 11:49:54 am
Okay here's a thread for you  - only add to it if you can back up any claims you make with evidence, not the usual rumours or 'I was told' rubbish that has been posted on here for the last few weeks.  I'll start us off;

Haven were beaten on Sunday by Widnes, a better team than Haven who played an almost fault free game on the day.

I agree totally out classed us, in every department

We cannot blame the ref for our guy's fighting he never threw a punch, dropping balls; forward passes, Ill discipline can we. He dose his job as he see's it

Would not say bad luck, would say they were made to make errors by a better coach.

True, but is 48 points a lot more than you thought the winning margin would be. I expected 18 at the very most.

That is all I can say for certain - everything else I have read on here is either opinion, utter bull, unsubstatiated rumour or people adding 2 and 2 and getting 5!

OK in your opinion did our team look like they had any kind of a plan? Or heart? Or passion? Why did the captain get into a brawl, I watched that clip when I got home, he bloody started it! His sin binning put us on that slippery slide to embarrassment. That?s the first time I have ever had anything negative to say about him. McCormack played a blinder. Studied us well.

« Last Edit: 18 Jul 2007, 11:52:48 am by WHITEHAVENHERO »

Offline Widnes Til I Die

• Academy Signing
  • CHAMPIONS !!!!!
    • Official Website of Widnes Vikings
Reply #9 on: 18 Jul 2007, 06:28:39 pm

thats a good thread  :)
and ye the ref was on our side somtimes but we wanted to get up and play the ball quick and use was slowing us down and use had alot of high tackles 2.

Widnes Til i Die
Double you  Eye  Dee  En  Ee  Es - Oh what av u got...
Oh WIDNES.

WIDNES NRC CHAMPIONS 07!!

Offline daniluvsdis

• Academy Star
  • Danielle =)
Reply #10 on: 18 Jul 2007, 06:29:39 pm
WIDNES WAS SIMPLY THE STRONGER TEAM ON THE DAY WITH CUP FINAL VETURNS CASSIDY,SMITH AND WITH PLAYERS WHO CAN HANDLE BIG GAME PRESSURE
IT JUST WASNT HAVENS DAY WITH THE REF AGAINST YOU'S MISTAKES AND PENS ALLAGAINST YOUS

WIDNES TILL I DIE

NOTE half of widness came from haven in the first place
Rugby League isn't just a game, a sport.. It's a way of life <3

Offline MrsHavenWarrior

• Administrator
  • Haven Immortal
Reply #11 on: 18 Jul 2007, 06:32:11 pm
Half of 17 is 8?

So Nanyn, Penny, Wilkes and Summers = half?

Jeez - I must go back to school!

๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’› Whitehaven RLFC ๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’›

Offline haven hora

• Academy Star
Reply #12 on: 18 Jul 2007, 07:02:42 pm
Steve mc and buckshot they were also big parts of the whitehaven set up once upon a time.

Offline WatsonandTheClassOF06

• Academy Signing
Reply #13 on: 18 Jul 2007, 08:10:34 pm
Our go forward was poor and has been poor in general under DR, no comparison to the Tandy, Fats, Summers, Jacko, Chem rotations of 2005.

Both centre's ability to read the game in defence was/is poor.

3rd man flopping onto the tackle when its already complete makes life uneccessarily hard for fellow players and referee's alike.

Nanyn, Penny Summers and Wilkes were quality players for Haven.

We could use a stand off in the Moran / Davies / Marytn class.......

popularsider

Reply #14 on: 20 Jul 2007, 01:19:30 am
FACT

widnes trained on the blackpool field thursday

FACT

haven trained on some s*** heap in preston on the saturday wich had no sticks,lines and hardly any grass it was a mud bath.

the blackpool groundsman said
"im confused you didnt take up my offer to train on the field"

are bods reply
"we didnt no we were allowed to"

are super coach made the lads train on some s***t heap instead of the playing field  ::)