HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Lets be fair To Dave Rotherham

Offline Scoreboard

• Academy Signing
on: 17 Jul 2007, 10:27:38 pm
On refletion I think we are all (including me) getting abit carried away and certainly being unfair to the coach.

Anumber of point to consider:-

(1) Last year he got us to within a whisker of the grand final ...a dodget refeering decison and we would have been there.

(2) This year we are third behind two full time teams who (1) Are full time (2) Have better playing squads (3) Bigger budgets (4) and are quite frankly geared up for SL....the point been weare currently the best of the rest which is a much as we can expect.

(3) As much as Sunday was a shambles and it was ...the players must take at least an equal share of the blame probably more.  Certainly if the rumours of money / nights out are true they clearly are letting the fans down

(4) He DR has every right to expect the players and particulallry the senior player like Joe Broadbent Duffy Fats Tridall etc to be loyal and supportive..In no sports team does every player like the coach and there have been some very public spats Ferguson and Beckham for example.  But they should at least be professional.

(5) Rotherham has a far more difficult hand than Cullen and Mcormack.  They both had Seeds and Lester in the pomp who the other players respected therefore once cullen and Mcormack had those two on side the whole team followed. DR has had to run the team when those players are on the decline. i.e worthy challengers for their postions.

On balance he really deserves to run the team until the end of the season at least.  Everyone BOd Coach etc cna then reasses and decide how we proceeed.

Offline mr hopefull

• First Team Backup
  • off we go-- come on haven-- come on haven
Reply #1 on: 17 Jul 2007, 10:34:03 pm
agree marra

popularsider

Reply #2 on: 17 Jul 2007, 10:34:11 pm
if dr stays in charge the performances wont get better, apart from the catalans game and the 2nd half against halifax when have we played well this season??

apart from the widnes semi final and leigh away game last season when did we play well. we have been scraping results under this guy for a long time.

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #3 on: 17 Jul 2007, 11:06:43 pm
very true pop lets hope somethings going to be done now.

Offline haven123456789

• Academy Star
Reply #4 on: 18 Jul 2007, 11:41:15 am
Rotheram is a rubbish coach, the only reason we nearly got there was because he was using a team that Paul Cullen and Steve McCormack built, Rotherham has made the squad poor and we alsp need to get back to basics in training its obvious he's not coaching them the basics because we have never dropped as many balls like that before and made so many stupid offloads and mistakes also.... ROTHERAM IS CRAP GET HIM OUT!!!!!!

Offline Haven Haven!

• Academy Signing
Reply #5 on: 18 Jul 2007, 04:05:08 pm
Im So Glad Your Going To Etleast Give Dave A Chance With Haven!
*& tom.b.haven4life,,
Mate Come On Give The Guy A Chance Everyone Else Are Going To,,
Dave Cant Help It If The Players Cant Catch!

Vikki x

Offline haven123456789

• Academy Star
Reply #6 on: 18 Jul 2007, 04:07:46 pm
he can with a little thing called ball handling! something they can pratice in training :D

Offline Haven Haven!

• Academy Signing
Reply #7 on: 18 Jul 2007, 04:11:34 pm
Well He Will Be Doing That At The Training Sessions But Come On It Wasnt Just The Players Dropping The Ball That Cost Us The Game!

Vikki x

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #8 on: 18 Jul 2007, 04:17:49 pm
yup no game plan no idea and no hope all coached into them.
an amateur team could have done better.

Offline Bkenz92

• First Team Regular
  • Haven Til I Die
Reply #9 on: 18 Jul 2007, 06:26:35 pm
I WANT DAVE 2 STAY I AGREE WITH SCOREBOARD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Offline daniluvsdis

• Academy Star
  • Danielle =)
Reply #10 on: 18 Jul 2007, 06:33:31 pm
Rotheram is a rubbish coach, the only reason we nearly got there was because he was using a team that Paul Cullen and Steve McCormack built, Rotherham has made the squad poor and we alsp need to get back to basics in training its obvious he's not coaching them the basics because we have never dropped as many balls like that before and made so many stupid offloads and mistakes also.... ROTHERAM IS CRAP GET HIM OUT!!!!!!

i agree wid u. i mean ow gd is he if he drops sum of our most experieced players seedsy and McAvoy were there wos nothing wrong wid them! i hate DR he needs to go!!!
Rugby League isn't just a game, a sport.. It's a way of life <3

Offline Haven Haven!

• Academy Signing
Reply #11 on: 18 Jul 2007, 09:14:37 pm
I Agree With fanssincethe90s  I Really Want Dave To Stay!!!,,
Give Him A Fair Chancee!!

Vikki x

Offline haven123456789

• Academy Star
Reply #12 on: 18 Jul 2007, 09:38:02 pm
he had his chance to impress us and show what he can do on sunday and he blew it big style.. DR OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lowca

Reply #13 on: 18 Jul 2007, 09:49:33 pm

What about Dave Rotherham being fair with the local players.

Rob Jackson and Aaron Smith are not as good as the local players.

He won't drop players on super league money though.

Offline champ

• First Team Backup
Reply #14 on: 18 Jul 2007, 09:59:33 pm
he can with a little thing called ball handling! something they can pratice in training :D
And they do