HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

New Coach: Jonty Gorley

Offline MrsHavenWarrior

• Administrator
  • Haven Immortal
on: 09 Sep 2021, 07:06:55 am
Whitehaven RLFC are delighted to announce that Jonty Gorley has agreed to take over the Head Coach position at the club from 2022 onwards. The Board wasted no time in approaching and discussing the role with the clubs current assistant coach, a man who has not only been a major part of the fantastic on field performance of the club over the past 3 seasons, but also someone who is held in high regards throughout the rugby league fraternity.
On the announcement that he will take over the Head Coaches role Jonty has made the following statement " I am privileged and excited to be taking over as head coach at Whitehaven, it's a great personal honour for me to be considered and approached to be head coach of this club. I didn't think I would ever get the chance to be a head coach, so I am really looking forward to the challenge. I would like to thank the club's Board for giving me this opportunity.
It obviously helps that I am already at the club, knowing the lads, the backroom staff, the directors and how the club works. We have already started putting together a squad that I feel will compete and build on from this season, and at this point we've got 18 already committed to the club, with hopefully another couple agreeing by the end of this week.
I have been involved with professional rugby league for 8 years now as an assistant coach and before that I spent a good 12 years plus involved with local community clubs , scholarships and academies. I've worked under some great coaches who have taught me a lot, be that when I was playing or coaching, and this will stand me in good stead for the job ahead.
I can't wait to get started in the role now and see what we can achieve at this club.
Director Gary Eilbeck is delighted that Jonty has agreed to take over stating "Jonty was the natural choice for us as a Board, he is a fantastic coach on the field and a true rugby league gentleman off it. We wish Jonty all the best and of course will continue to support him, as we always have, to the very best of our ability as a club".

Source:   https://www.facebook.com/WhitehavenRLFC2010/
🤎💙💛 Whitehaven RLFC 🤎💙💛

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #1 on: 09 Sep 2021, 07:27:24 am
Great appointment well done

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #2 on: 09 Sep 2021, 07:00:24 pm
Personally I would have preferred a more high profile figure . Nothing against  Jonty. He’s done a great job as number 2  but  we’ve done terrific this season and I was hoping for a coach  with a bigger profile or even someone from down under

Offline Casperjack

• Academy Star
Reply #3 on: 09 Sep 2021, 08:35:45 pm
Oh

Offline eternal optimist

• First Team Backup
Reply #4 on: 09 Sep 2021, 08:36:58 pm
Personally I would have preferred a more high profile figure . Nothing against  Jonty. He’s done a great job as number 2  but  we’ve done terrific this season and I was hoping for a coach  with a bigger profile or even someone from down under

Why?

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #5 on: 09 Sep 2021, 08:39:37 pm
I don’t think the club could look anywhere else he’s learned Charlos ways and hopefully keeps a lot of them he knows the players he knows where we need to improve and strengthen he’s local jonty has everything as a coach this club needs and I think he will take us even higher than this year back him

Offline HavenWarrior

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #6 on: 10 Sep 2021, 11:51:10 am

Which all costs money, we havent a clue how much funding we will have next year. Jonty has deserved a shot at it, he obviously gets on well with the squad.

HW