HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Haven Xmas Party

Offline Haven Crazy

• First Team Backup
  • Is tho in yan? Is tho in yan? oohoo
on: 19 Oct 2006, 08:07:41 am
Do the club never think about doing a xmas party for the Players, staff and fans? Think it would be a good idea? Maybe raise some extra cash for the club?  Thoughts? Maybe hold it at the Calder Club or somewhere?
Can't stand Jam, eh!

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #1 on: 19 Oct 2006, 10:05:05 am
As far as I am aware there generally is a chrimbo party in mid december and its usually down at the ground.

I'm sure Champ can throw some light as to the likelihood of this for this year also, and any details as and when they become available
the reverand, big mac

Just cause you don't understand what's going on don't mean it don't make no sense
And just cause you don't like it, don't mean it ain't no good

Offline forty twenty

• First Team Backup
Reply #2 on: 19 Oct 2006, 04:25:49 pm
why take a party to calder club . when we gt club of our own? would champ play santa only joking paul

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #3 on: 19 Oct 2006, 04:43:48 pm
why take a party to calder club . when we gt club of our own? would champ play santa only joking paul

crickey!
you want to scare everyone away!!
LOL
the reverand, big mac

Just cause you don't understand what's going on don't mean it don't make no sense
And just cause you don't like it, don't mean it ain't no good

Offline Haven Crazy

• First Team Backup
Reply #4 on: 19 Oct 2006, 07:15:28 pm
I was just thinking Calder because it was bigger but I suppose it depends on how many go
Can't stand Jam, eh!

Offline champ

• First Team Backup
Reply #5 on: 19 Oct 2006, 07:57:55 pm
Tried it for the last 3 years and to be honest it never gets more than 40-50 people there. Decided not to do it this year.

Offline Haven Crazy

• First Team Backup
Reply #6 on: 20 Oct 2006, 07:24:57 am
Tried it for the last 3 years and to be honest it never gets more than 40-50 people there. Decided not to do it this year.

I can't ever remember it being advertised!

Oh you gotta have a Haven Xmas Party! You could invite people from all the business's and pubs etc, create a little more interest in the off season!

Surley there must be more than 50 that would go!
Can't stand Jam, eh!

Offline forty twenty

• First Team Backup
Reply #7 on: 20 Oct 2006, 06:57:14 pm

Oh you gotta have a Haven Xmas Party! You could invite people from all the business's and pubs etc, create a little more interest in the off season!

if u recon u cou ld organise a christmas party why not book the club n go for it

Offline champ

• First Team Backup
Reply #8 on: 20 Oct 2006, 10:46:16 pm

Advertised in the programme, Whitehaven news and news and star as well as the tanhoy at games.  Never had more than 50 people there so it becomes costly.  If anyone can guarantee enough people will attend to make it vialble then now is the time to get things moving.

Offline Haven Crazy

• First Team Backup
Reply #9 on: 21 Oct 2006, 02:31:42 am
Well I think its a fantastic thing to do..all the players..their family..the club staff...the bod..the support staff..and most of all the fans..come on Haven Fans..do you not all think we should get together and have a bit of a knees up at xmas....

One club....

One goal...

Can't stand Jam, eh!

Offline Haven Crazy

• First Team Backup
Reply #10 on: 21 Oct 2006, 02:34:06 am
Like Champ says..in the past there has not been more than 50 tickets sold..if we all get together and sell a few each I bet it would be a fantastic night!!

Now is the time to shout up!!

Will the players be going....??? I think that is the biggest thing for the fans!!
Can't stand Jam, eh!

Offline mr hopefull

• First Team Backup
  • off we go-- come on haven-- come on haven
Reply #11 on: 21 Oct 2006, 07:02:54 am
i would take 6 tickets if (and thats the problem now booking a party around others allready on the menu at this late stage)it didnt collide with another party,where would it be ? it would be good to put the cash into the jj mcewan bar,,!! are there any entertainment still available to book for the night??miss dee maybe??? do we need a kareokee??how many people does the club hold?, i think champ is probably the man to look into the necessities first ,,are the club -staff -entertainment available,,if so lets see an advertisement,if not enough people come forward then it would have to be cancelled...but !!! ill eat hay with a horse if we couldnt get --lets say 150 at least to come on down,,,maybe an idea to get D.R.and the club CAPTAIN and DES BYRNE to just say a few words to our supporters on the night(before they get to much neck oil),,on the other hand if a lot of people come forward then take it to a bigger venue,,"the more the merrier"     

any other ideas??????

what do you think champ,,,think its worth one more try????? :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\

Offline champ

• First Team Backup
Reply #12 on: 21 Oct 2006, 10:00:43 am
Will have a look for available dates today and get some costings and let you know.  Although its only october we would have to move fast to get it sorted. Let you know later.

Offline mr hopefull

• First Team Backup
  • off we go-- come on haven-- come on haven
Reply #13 on: 21 Oct 2006, 11:00:30 am
spot on champ,really appreciate your efforts :)

Offline grand final pride 2006

• Academy Signing
Reply #14 on: 21 Oct 2006, 01:11:24 pm
dont think we would get anymore than we have done over the last 3 years had some great partys but same faces each year so i would have to say its a waste of time champ.... between work and familys xmas partys people have to much on shame really but tried and tested 3 years running ... we will just have to party after the town game 8) 8)