HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Walmsley & Jouffret Leave Haven

Offline MrsHavenWarrior

• Administrator
  • Haven Immortal
on: 27 Sep 2021, 07:06:04 pm
In addition to the club's last press release on what our squad will look like in 2022, the club can today announce that we have been informed that both Louis Jouffret and Lachlan Walmsley will not be with us next year. We were informed of this decision last week but felt it was best to wait until our season had ended before making an official comment. The club appreciates that there has been lots of rumours recently regarding the destination of Lachlan and Louis however as a club we will not comment on that any further, we believe that this kind of announcement is best left to the other club(s), and we would not wish to spoil what will be great press coverage for them.
On these departures club director, Ashey Kilpatrick, stated "Louis has been brilliant since we brought him over in the middle of the season. He added that extra spark that we needed at that time. Lachlan has been a revelation since we brought him over, both on and off the field, completely buying into the ethos of the club. We wish both the best of luck in their careers, and we will no doubt see them again down at the LEL Arena in the future. We did make Lachlan an offer to stay, a very good offer in fact, however clearly it wasn't enough to keep him here. With Louis we have never had the chance to make him an offer as his agent informed us that he was returning to play in France next season."
On the offer made to try and keep Lachlan at the club, CEO Andrew Canavan made the following statement "The club has a responsibility to the shareholders and fans to ensure it remains a vibrant going concern. The offer made to Lachlan was an offer that was the very top end of what the club could afford. We are losing tens of thousands of pounds in central distribution next year and although we have exciting plans to increase revenues along with improving the matchday experience, we cannot risk gambling money we do not have and spending over and above based on the gates we have got this season. Matchday income is the highest income stream that the club has, and we know that we must improve crowd numbers if we are to stand a chance of continuing to challenge for the top end of the Championship. I am as disappointed as every other fan that we have not been able to keep Lachlan and Louis at the LEL Arena however fans can rest assured that there is a lot of hard work is going on behind the scenes to find suitable replacements."
The clubs end of season awards night has been scheduled for the 15th of October in the JJ McKeown bar, tickets for which will be going on sale soon.

Source: https://www.facebook.com/WhitehavenRLFC2010
🤎💙💛 Whitehaven RLFC 🤎💙💛

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #1 on: 28 Sep 2021, 11:38:52 am
For me it’s one of them catch 22 situations . Lachlan and Jouffret maybe wanted too much money that the club felt it couldn’t afford and we don’t want a repeat of what happened a few years ago when we went into administration.

That said with them 2 in the side and the addition of 2 or  3 really good players next season we could be pushing for top 3 and that surely would bring many fans back to the ground bringing in extra revenue  which would cover the cost of paying extra wages . It’s a tough one

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #2 on: 28 Sep 2021, 12:14:32 pm
Yea both are good players and would warrant the money required the club said it’s offerd Lachlan a superb deal at the very top end of what we can afford

Offline Johnpauljones

• First Team Regular
Reply #3 on: 28 Sep 2021, 02:24:27 pm
Obviously no one knows what Halifax are willing to pay Walmsley but Fax will only recieve 190 - 200k funding next year.  I think we will recive around 135k for 6th.  Barrow and Town if they go up only get 40k .  We have to cut our cloth but we should be competive with most in the league budget wise.  Where we do lose out ( rather than push ahead) is crowds, we average around 800 which i one of the lowest averages in championship.  Barrow average 2k in league 1 and even workington 1300.  That means both teams income will match ours due to their much bigger gate receipts over a  season.  If Barrow repeat their average they will get around 150k extra in gate money to Haven.

• Haven Legend
Reply #4 on: 28 Sep 2021, 03:28:41 pm
We have had no away fans really at games at home and we started getting gates towards the end of the season when the rugby was top notch we got 1300 for the fax game I reckon next year we could be well over that if we keep on playing well and the brand of rugby is the same

Offline Championess2019

• Academy Star
Reply #5 on: 28 Sep 2021, 05:59:11 pm
For me it’s one of them catch 22 situations . Lachlan and Jouffret maybe wanted too much money that the club felt it couldn’t afford and we don’t want a repeat of what happened a few years ago when we went into administration.

That said with them 2 in the side and the addition of 2 or  3 really good players next season we could be pushing for top 3 and that surely would bring many fans back to the ground bringing in extra revenue  which would cover the cost of paying extra wages . It’s a tough one

Joufrett was never staying and not offered a contract due to his agent saying he was going back to france.  So that money will have helped sign the new Aussies.

Online Casperjack

• Academy Star
Reply #6 on: 29 Sep 2021, 03:16:23 am
I think sliding payments went out a while back, though there may be a bonus for finishing 6th

• Haven Legend
Reply #7 on: 29 Sep 2021, 06:39:22 am
Do we get any extra income for getting into the playoffs

Offline noahrob

• Fans Favourite
Reply #8 on: 29 Sep 2021, 09:06:02 am
The French league finishes in  June so maybe Jouffret could rejoin Whitehaven then, earlier if his team don't make the playoffs.

Online Casperjack

• Academy Star
Reply #9 on: 29 Sep 2021, 10:55:09 am
Just been told I may be wrong and Haven do get more money based on where we finished, time will tell 😊

Offline eternal optimist

• First Team Backup
Reply #10 on: 29 Sep 2021, 04:33:11 pm
Obviously no one knows what Halifax are willing to pay Walmsley but Fax will only recieve 190 - 200k funding next year.  I think we will recive around 135k for 6th.  Barrow and Town if they go up only get 40k .  We have to cut our cloth but we should be competive with most in the league budget wise.  Where we do lose out ( rather than push ahead) is crowds, we average around 800 which i one of the lowest averages in championship.  Barrow average 2k in league 1 and even workington 1300.  That means both teams income will match ours due to their much bigger gate receipts over a  season.  If Barrow repeat their average they will get around 150k extra in gate money to Haven.

I don't know where you get your figures from but Haven received nowhere near £135000 this season and clubs are preparing for a 50% cut in funding for next season. That's probably 50% of what they received this year. That means that gates have to increase as does fund raising and all other income streams to get anywhere near level with this season. Even then unless there is a large improvement in attendances that will be a struggle.

Des

Offline CUMBRIAN BOY

• First Team Regular
Reply #11 on: 29 Sep 2021, 07:39:57 pm
Just been told I may be wrong and Haven do get more money based on where we finished, time will tell 😊
I was under the impression that after the last clubs meeting with the rfl no figures had been agreed on and the rfl were still waiting to find out what cash they would have available to share out with the clubs.

Offline spacecake

• Haven Legend
Reply #12 on: 29 Sep 2021, 07:43:24 pm
I was under the impression that after the last clubs meeting with the rfl no figures had been agreed on and the rfl were still waiting to find out what cash they would have available to share out with the clubs.

Still think it'll be a sliding scale but nowhere near as much as it as been

Online Casperjack

• Academy Star
Reply #13 on: 30 Sep 2021, 08:18:16 am
Latest rumour from Wigan walmsley to Wigan and loaned out to Halifax who are soon to be full-time.

Offline Bransty Lad

• Academy Star
Reply #14 on: 30 Sep 2021, 09:25:14 am
I was told at the magic weekend he was going to Wigan. But have been told since Wigan changed their mind. Its all rumours and hear say. We'll all find out when an official announcement is made.

Latest rumour from Wigan walmsley to Wigan and loaned out to Halifax who are soon to be full-time.