HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

SUPER LEAGUE - THE TRUTH

Offline Mancunian Marra

• Academy Star
on: 19 Jul 2007, 04:37:15 pm
I have just had sight of a document - which to the best of my knowledge is official - issued by the RFL at the beginning of July to all clubs.

It sets out the criteria on which clubs will be judged next year if they choose to apply for a Super League licence in 2009.

As a loyal fan and season ticket holder, think it is time for the Directors to be open and truthful with us for once to advise exactly how the club will meet these criteria, or whether we are not even going to both to apply for a Super League licence in 2009.

Additionally, us fans are being asked to contribute ?100 towards the new stands, looking at the criteria these would seem to be no longer adequate!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RFL CRITERION FOR APPLYING FOR A
SUPER LEAGUE LICENSE IN 2008

Home stadium must meet Super League minimum standards

Home stadium must be owned or have a written contract with the owner with a minimum tenure of five years

Own training facilities or have a written contract with the owner with a minimum tenure of 12 months

The stadium must:

Have a capacity of 8,000, 2,500 of which must be under cover and have 1,500 seats

Have directors box of 50 and VIP seats for 50

Floodlighting to a standard of 1000 lux

Disabled facilities for 20 wheelchairs & toilets

Public bar for 500

Electronic scoreboard

Pull out tunnel

Dug outs to hold 12

Second dressing rooms

Press box for 30

Photographers room

Treatment room

Doping control room

Gantry ? facilities to meeting TV charter

Studio ? to meet TV charter

Boardroom to hold 40

Players lounge to hold 50

Corporate Sponsors Lounge to hold 500

Parking for directors, officials and team coach

From a finance and business management perspective, the audited minimum turnover should be ?2m and a full-time CEO/general manager should be appointed.

There must also be a strategic marketing plan, community development programme and a media management programme. You must also be in NL1 to apply for a license.

Offline recre06

• Academy Signing
Reply #1 on: 19 Jul 2007, 05:18:08 pm
it will take a bit of time 4 haven 2 get into super league then.

Offline HavenMascot

• Fans Favourite
Reply #2 on: 19 Jul 2007, 05:18:38 pm
that is us out for next 5 yrs then

"Born A Haven Supporter, I Am A Haven Supporter, I'll Die A Haven Supporter, My Spirit Will Be A Haven Supporter, I Will Be A Haven Supporter No Matter What! Am A PROUD Haven Fan No Matter What! Haven Through Thick & Thin!"

Yourhavingalaugh

Reply #3 on: 19 Jul 2007, 11:04:16 pm
that is us out for next 5 yrs then

Your dead right marra.