HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Town v Haven 16.1.2022 - Ike Southward Trophy - Match Reaction

Offline MrsHavenWarrior

• Administrator
  • Haven Immortal
Your thoughts on the 2022 Ike Southward Trophy game.

First spoils of the year to Workington Town and the Ike Southward Trophy

Your thoughts………..
🤎💙💛 Whitehaven RLFC 🤎💙💛

Offline Recre Faithful

• First Team Regular
Disappointing to loose to that lot anytime but why rotate kickers god only knows. Just hope we didn’t pick up anything major injury wise and  it usually takes us a few games to get going. On a positive note we have about 5-6 lads to come back
Whitehaven RLFC The real pride of cumbria

Remember not everything that talks with an Aussie accent is good enough to wear the Green & Gold

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Haven ****e on paper that side should have blew them out the water talk about David a Goliath massivley let down hope jonty ripped into them
« Last Edit: 16 Jan 2022, 04:48:45 pm by WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA »

Offline home and away

• Academy Signing
That made my Covid feel worse listening to that so called commentary. Peter Smith is the most anti Haven commentator I’ve heard. Happy to take the money from the club for years but certainly got a big chip on his shoulder. Even said “What we have to do” one time referring to Town.

I agree with you
« Last Edit: 16 Jan 2022, 04:40:27 pm by Rodderz »

Offline touchjudge57

• First Team Backup
Just back from the game. Haven played 80% of the first half in their 30, but couldn’t turn it into points. TBH I thought Town would tire second half, but they came back into the game. Although we were winning until the last play they always looked the more likely to score in the last ten minutes.
Positives? Young Martin looked safe at FB. Bishop showed some nice touches and Tom Wilkinson put in another 100%,
First game so not to disappointed. We never do well in pre-season friendlies. We will get better,
« Last Edit: 16 Jan 2022, 05:35:52 pm by touchjudge57 »

Offline Johnpauljones

• First Team Regular
Our season begins when we play Barrow at home these games and Leigh are warm ups to get new players fill and gelling. 

Goal kicking needs sorting also we need  a kicked who hits 75 percent plus Wlamsley won us games with kicks . Not sure who it is but Holiday and Moore and guaranteed to be on the pitch and prob to hit and miss.

Offline havenonline

• Academy Star
In just back from the game and whilst I was disappointed with the result i was disgusted with what I witnessed at Workington train station.
A group of young so called supporters baiting a couple of coppers with disgusting chants led by the guy with the drum. It is lucky for them that the two policemen were so restrained and refused to take the bait.
Chants such as "you can shove your ****ing truncheon up your a**e" and "if you wear a yellow jacket your a ****" do not belong in rugby league whatever the result. In fact I don't think it was anything to do with the result it was a group of young men just exercising mob rule purporting to be Whitehaven supporters.
When the train arrived i commended the policemen for being so restrained and I was approached by a guy who wanted to know what my problem was. It's just banter eh like football was his reasoning.
I have often joined in rugby chants at the game but they are restrained banter and not disgusting behaviour on a train station platform shared with other members of the public, family's and kids.
Whilst I do not expect the club to police the train stations i would ask them to be aware of this behaviour and to ban the guy with the drum from any future matches.
We should not sit by and allow the hooliganism become entrenched in rugby league as it did in football.
« Last Edit: 16 Jan 2022, 06:01:30 pm by MrsHavenWarrior »

Offline HavenWarrior

• Top Try Scorer
Our season begins when we play Barrow at home these games and Leigh are warm ups to get new players fill and gelling. 

Goal kicking needs sorting also we need  a kicked who hits 75 percent plus Wlamsley won us games with kicks . Not sure who it is but Holiday and Moore and guaranteed to be on the pitch and prob to hit and miss.

Last season we were spoiled with Walmsley, but it isn’t that long ago Moore and Holiday were sharing the kicking. Unless one of our new signings is a kicker, we may be going with the 2.

HW

Offline African exile

• First Team Backup
In just back from the game and whilst I was disappointed with the result i was disgusted with what I witnessed at Workington train station.
A group of young so called supporters baiting a couple of coppers with disgusting chants led by the guy with the drum. It is lucky for them that the two policemen were so restrained and refused to take the bait.
Chants such as "you can shove your ****ing truncheon up your arse" and "if you wear a yellow jacket your a ****" do not belong in rugby league whatever the result. In fact I don't think it was anything to do with the result it was a group of young men just exercising mob rule purporting to be Whitehaven supporters.
When the train arrived i commended the policemen for being so restrained and I was approached by a guy who wanted to know what my problem was. It's just banter eh like football was his reasoning.

Are you a troll looking for a reaction? I’ve followed haven for over 45 years and both in the train station and on the train it was indeed nothing but banter. At no time was any of their behaviour threatening these people have been locked in their houses for almost two years don’t condemn the vocal support we will need to carry us through some games this year
« Last Edit: 16 Jan 2022, 06:09:30 pm by African exile »
If it's a girl they're naming her Sigourney after an actress, if it's a boy the 're naming him Rodney after Dave

Offline noahrob

• Fans Favourite
I'm not criticizing the coach, but with a isquad of 24 why only field 17 was it injuries or availability or other reasons.
« Last Edit: 16 Jan 2022, 06:38:33 pm by noahrob »

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Not sure but expecting folk to pay 20 quid a game to watch that is a bit of a kick in the teeth the game was won 14-6 and they thought it was job done I know it’s a friendly and they don’t mean anything but we looked so off it compared to last year I’m hoping  for better next week or some improvement the fans didn’t deserve that show

Offline havenonline

• Academy Star
Chants such as "you can shove your ****ing truncheon up your arse" and "if you wear a yellow jacket your a ****" do not belong in rugby league whatever the result. In fact I don't think it was anything to do with the result it was a group of young men just exercising mob rule purporting to be Whitehaven supporters.

Are you a troll looking for a reaction? I’ve followed haven for over 45 years and both in the train station and on the train it was indeed nothing but banter. At no time was any of their behaviour threatening these people have been locked in their houses for almost two years don’t condemn the vocal support we will need to carry us through some games this year

I'm not a troll and I also have followed Haven for 40+ years and if you think those chants are acceptable in public then I am in the wrong company.

Offline HavenWarrior

• Top Try Scorer
Not sure but expecting folk to pay 20 quid a game to watch that is a bit of a kick in the teeth the game was won 14-6 and they thought it was job done I know it’s a friendly and they don’t mean anything but we looked so off it compared to last year I’m hoping  for better next week or some improvement the fans didn’t deserve that show

So last year we lost first game at Newcastle, beat Town in the last minute, like they have done to us today. We never seem to show up well pre season,

First home game against big spending Barrow will show us where we are.

HW

Offline meesterC

• Academy Star
I was sort of expecting a result like this.

Haven need to kill off games and get a better kicker.

Well done Town as I figure they won't be celebrating that much during 2022.

Offline Championess2019

• Academy Star
Thought we were decent to be honest.  Missing 4 key players who will be creating most of.our trys and breaks Until the sin binning of nikau they were never dangerous.  And 21 against 17 took its toll in the end.  There scrum half was absolutely outstanding but we will face the likes of him every week and we need to stop jumping the line.  Sure Jonty will sort that out.