HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Lester reivented...... outstanding in he last two games.

Boxer · 17 · 3216

Offline Boxer

• Fans Favourite
I am not sure if this is Lesters last knock but he has been top draw in the last two games.

Against Rochdale as any one who watched RL Raw will have noticed he came up with three try scoring plays  out on the fringes playing next to the winger outside centre.

Today he had the final pass / kick for three more trys.

Clealry not having to take it up from the start; with Smith controling the ruck... but he is still as pivatol as ever when he comes on.  Handling wise he still seems to be a couple of seconds ahead of most in this league and while i don't have any stats probably no coinsidence the defence has come together since his return.

Only wish we could turn back the clock and have him running around as a 24  year old.    Probably the best overseas signing the club has ever made bar none..fats and joe are probably 2nd and 3rd.  To get three quality overseas blokes who have stuck around and  given such fantastic service is unique and very unlikley to happen again.     

Offline Flannerz

• Administrator
  • Fans Favourite
Reply #1 on: 24 Sep 2006, 08:58:01 pm
To get three quality overseas blokes who have stuck around and  given such fantastic service is unique and very unlikley to happen again.     

Totally agree with you about Lester, he is a class act. And what you say about the three guys sticking with Haven is also true. I can't see any other overseas players of their calibre giving us that kind of service again...oh how I would love to be proved wrong!

Offline haven123456789

• Academy Star
Reply #2 on: 24 Sep 2006, 09:02:12 pm
Lestaer has been immens the last to matches. His ball handling is second to none and his attack and defence has improved loads to. Not that he was ever poor in att n def

Offline rdc

• Academy Star
Reply #3 on: 24 Sep 2006, 10:35:37 pm
To get three quality overseas blokes who have stuck around and  given such fantastic service is unique and very unlikley to happen again.     
Agreed.  Great players, it is indeed a shame they're not at their peak now Whitehaven are realising their potential.

Offline fatsrules

• Academy Signing
Reply #4 on: 24 Sep 2006, 10:42:40 pm
Laster, fats and leroy must be the best value overseas signings made by any club not just Haven. also lets not forget seedsy's contribution alongsude these 3. it has been a pleasure and privilege to watch them play.
Thanks guys

Offline Haven Crazy

• First Team Backup
  • Is tho in yan? Is tho in yan? oohoo
Reply #5 on: 25 Sep 2006, 01:47:18 pm
Here here I hope they all play for many years to come!!
Can't stand Jam, eh!

Offline mr hopefull

• First Team Backup
  • off we go-- come on haven-- come on haven
Reply #6 on: 25 Sep 2006, 05:55:13 pm
thought lesters defence yesterday was very good aswell as his offence

Offline silver shadow

• First Team Backup
Reply #7 on: 26 Sep 2006, 06:02:20 pm
lester is a real un but still better as a 9 in my opinion.
NO PAIN NO GAIN

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #8 on: 26 Sep 2006, 09:37:18 pm
true boxer m8  lester has been playn out of his skin lately.
sayn that the team has aswell just at the right time hopefully ;D
keep it up the ladz  ;) ;) ;)

Offline Haven Crazy

• First Team Backup
  • Is tho in yan? Is tho in yan? oohoo
Reply #9 on: 27 Sep 2006, 01:42:21 pm
Lets hope they all play out of their skin this Sunday! Come on Haven!
Can't stand Jam, eh!

Offline Haven till I Die

• Academy Star
Reply #10 on: 28 Sep 2006, 04:20:29 am
I think he was the reason why we were shipping so many points mid season we lacked a leader on the pitch its no coincidence that it has improved since he came back

Offline mr hopefull

• First Team Backup
  • off we go-- come on haven-- come on haven
Reply #11 on: 28 Sep 2006, 06:53:38 am
I think he was the reason why we were shipping so many points mid season we lacked a leader on the pitch its no coincidence that it has improved since he came back

im sure lest is going to be very inspirational on sunday, good luck to all the lads

Offline haven4eva

• Academy Signing
Reply #12 on: 30 Sep 2006, 11:14:28 am
It is a shame Aaron is coming to the end of his career but what a career he has had for us!!
We're the pride of Cumbria!!

Offline haven123456789

• Academy Star
Reply #13 on: 04 Oct 2006, 04:14:32 pm
Hope that when he retires he is still in the Haven set up doing some sort of coaching likewise with Seedsy, Joe and Fats.

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #14 on: 05 Oct 2006, 02:01:58 am
i dunno like he might whant to go back to new zealand but hope he goes to assistant coach