• Haven Immortal
Final Score: Swinton 28 - Haven 22

Your thoughts/comments.........
« Last Edit: 23 Jan 2022, 03:45:05 pm by MrsHavenWarrior »
🤎💙💛 Whitehaven RLFC 🤎💙💛

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #1 on: 23 Jan 2022, 03:45:00 pm
Disgraceful 2 games we should have won at ease and lost both I’m very very concerned now esp today against a league 1 side having led in both games and then lost leads anyone bricking it for next week cos I am

Offline spacecake

• Haven Legend
Reply #2 on: 23 Jan 2022, 03:52:59 pm
Disgraceful 2 games we should have won at ease and lost both I’m very very concerned now esp today against a league 1 side having led in both games and then lost leads anyone bricking it for next week cos I am

Worry not we could have won both games by 20 points and like any other team in this league we'd still be bricking ourselves going to leigh

Offline Steven DeMont

• First Team Regular
Reply #3 on: 23 Jan 2022, 04:11:35 pm

Looks like we haven't replaced Joufret who was repeatedly our game breaker last season.

Let's hope we are just a bit rusty.

Let's judge lads post Barrow game.

Offline Textually Active

• Academy Star
Reply #4 on: 23 Jan 2022, 04:37:34 pm

Seriously?   You are Debbie Downer after 2 friendly games that mean absolutely bu&&er all.   Look back at our friendly games pre season over a lengthy period of time ,,,,,,

2017 Barrow Friendly ,,,,, Raiders 36 - Haven 10
2017 Keighley Friendly ,,,,,,Keighley 42 - Haven 0

2018 Widnes Friendly ,,,,, Widnes 62 - 0 Haven
2018 Swinton Friendly,,,,, Haven 10 - Swinton 18

2019 Ike Game ,,,,, Town 24 - Haven 6
2019 Barrow Friendly,,,,,, Barrow 24 - Haven 8

2020 Thunder Friendly,,,,,,  Thunder 40 - Haven 16
2020 Ike Game,,,,,,, Haven 24 - Town 18

Want me to go on??  Quite frankly I am bored now ,,,, we won ONE friendly in EIGHT. ONE!!!!!!

Get a grip...... POINTLESS friendlies, body looseners nothing more!  Panic when the league starts.   Talk about boosting the lads confidences SMH

• Haven Legend
Reply #5 on: 23 Jan 2022, 04:47:43 pm
Ok il wait let’s see what happens next week or the barrow home game then i will panic

Offline lastmanstanding

• First Team Backup
Reply #6 on: 23 Jan 2022, 06:03:21 pm
Listening to Jonty on Instagram he was not to please with how we gave up the ball to easily as in the Workington game, looks like he knows who his starting 17 are for next week all bar injuries. Looks like we are going through the same mistakes as at the start of last season:-((

• Haven Legend
Reply #7 on: 23 Jan 2022, 06:24:42 pm
2 pre season games is never enough you need the 3 to get rid of all these errors and get the body ticking over right I’m hoping for a big improvement next week albeit at Leigh

Offline _massive_calvert_fan_

• Academy Signing
Reply #8 on: 23 Jan 2022, 06:42:44 pm

What’s disgraceful about it?! They are friendlies they mean nothing all they are is a run out for the lads! Were you at the game today?

• Haven Legend
Reply #9 on: 23 Jan 2022, 06:59:37 pm
No couldn’t make it why am I not allowed to have an opinion or something because I wasn’t? Here marra if your happy loosing games again league 1 opposition and town two teams we should be battering then that’s up to you these loses however small they are to you and others will knock our first home crowd down quite a lot i we had won these and got beat at Leigh which is exspected the gate would have been big against barrow now it won’t be as people will be put off with the above stated.

Not personally have a did at you marra just very frustrated at the min
« Last Edit: 23 Jan 2022, 07:05:33 pm by WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA »

Offline CUMBRIAN BOY

• First Team Regular
Reply #10 on: 23 Jan 2022, 07:11:16 pm
Don't think its time to panic, and from these games Jonty will be learning a lot and will help him identify any changes he has to make before the season starts.

Offline Textually Active

• Academy Star
Reply #11 on: 23 Jan 2022, 07:31:36 pm
No couldn’t make it why am I not allowed to have an opinion or something because I wasn’t? Here marra if your happy loosing games again league 1 opposition and town two teams we should be battering then that’s up to you these loses however small they are to you and others will knock our first home crowd down quite a lot i we had won these and got beat at Leigh which is exspected the gate would have been big against barrow now it won’t be as people will be put off with the above stated.

Not personally have a did at you marra just very frustrated at the min

You really do need to chill out!  All this stressing and toddler temper tantrumming will do you no good.   I have given you figures above of how previous pre-seasons have started and you've ignored it.  We have SEVERAL new players, who have not all played together other than ONE other game.   We are not going to set the world on fire in two matches, chalk them down to experience (which for the newbies it is all experience of the way we play as a team.) Stop acting like you've been sent to bed with no supper.   Next week we will get spanked (I am looking forward to your upscaled tantrum on that one!).  All I want is commitment and I will be happy.  If we are not good enough, it is what it is.

If after at least three home games in, things aren't improving, have another tantrum and then tell us you told us so.   Until then, get behind them!   Remember we are WHITEHAVEN not Warrington, Leeds or St Helens.  We have a small budget, buy the quality we can afford, give them to chance to gel and form a method of play and we get behind them.  Not slag them off after two pointless (other than fitness purposes) friendlies.   Sit back, have a cuppa or pint and forget it.   The time to panic is not yet. 

Offline Mk1

• First Team Backup
Reply #12 on: 23 Jan 2022, 08:07:07 pm
Final Score: Swinton 28 - Haven 22

Not panicking  by any means, more disappointed.  Even though both teams were friendlies, they were against  NL1standard teams  and we were ahead inb both then lost the plot. Unfortunately  losing becomes a habit but im sure Jonty will sort it out and kick the relevant arses. Teachers report- must try harder and improve concentration  levels.

Offline spelly

• Academy Signing
Reply #13 on: 23 Jan 2022, 08:57:28 pm
From a (biased?) Swinton point of view..............

When you scored early doors after the re-start, I thought "That's it!" But...............

We seemed to last better than you, which is a tribute to our fitness.

For a friendly it was pretty competitive.

You have a really difficult start to the "proper" season at Leythers next week, although you can prob say the same about any team heading  to the LSV in the current campaign. But............

I still reckon you're more than capable of a mid table finish.

Time will tell.

Spelly.

• Haven Legend
Reply #14 on: 23 Jan 2022, 09:01:11 pm
Good win today pal very honest as always spelly best of luck to swinton