• Academy Signing
Reply #15 on: 23 Jan 2022, 09:06:01 pm
Good win today pal very honest as always spelly best of luck to swinton
Thanks mate, and the same to 'Haven!

Spelly.

Offline Championess2019

• Academy Star
Reply #16 on: 23 Jan 2022, 09:44:22 pm
Was always going to be a slow start to the season with 6 players getting off the plane a fortnight ago.  Stick in next week and our season starts against barrow.

Offline _massive_calvert_fan_

• Academy Signing
Reply #17 on: 23 Jan 2022, 09:58:27 pm
No couldn’t make it why am I not allowed to have an opinion or something because I wasn’t? Here marra if your happy loosing games again league 1 opposition and town two teams we should be battering then that’s up to you these loses however small they are to you and others will knock our first home crowd down quite a lot i we had won these and got beat at Leigh which is exspected the gate would have been big against barrow now it won’t be as people will be put off with the above stated.

Not personally have a did at you marra just very frustrated at the min

Oh yeah you are absolutely entitled to your opinion but to give an opinion on game you weren’t at and didn’t see how the lads played is a bit irrelevant. Your opinion is reading between the lines on a Twitter feed.

Like other people have said to you what is there to panic about they are friendlies they mean nothing it’s a run out.

Also let’s not forget these lads haven’t had many training sessions all together it’s 2nd game of pre season they now go back for Leigh next week and work on the things for the past 2 games.

Personally I was at the game today and yes 2 completely different halves but what is there to rant about and call OUR squad disgraceful absolutely nothing we are all human! Like someone else has just said as long as we have commitment of course we want wins but we also want the lads to pull on that jersey and be proud and committed to wearing it!

Offline Johnpauljones

• First Team Regular
Reply #18 on: 23 Jan 2022, 10:41:30 pm
My big concern is  Jonty  doesn't seem to be happy or believe in him self.

Last year under Charlo he had fire , post match loads of passion  and energy.    Today  re  Swinton it was like he had just found out he had over cooked his morning eggs  He seems like  he has the world on his back .   

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #19 on: 24 Jan 2022, 01:05:34 am
Disappointing to lose both friendlies but it’s not end of the world . We’ve added quite a few new faces and it’s going to take time to gel . I’m sure once the season starts we’ll improve I’ve no doubt

Offline davo5

• First Team Regular
Reply #20 on: 24 Jan 2022, 09:58:30 am

Last year under Charlo he had fire , post match loads of passion  and energy.    Today  re  Swinton it was like he had just found out he had over cooked his morning eggs  He seems like  he has the world on his back .
Or maybe he was just reacting to a preseason game in which players in the spine positions are still getting used to playing with each other.
Next weeks opener at Leigh is a freebie,we have no hope of winning against a team with a 1.6 million budget,but hopefully it will get us ready for the Barrow game.

Offline spelly

• Academy Signing
Reply #21 on: 24 Jan 2022, 12:19:17 pm

Or maybe he was just reacting to a preseason game in which players in the spine positions are still getting used to playing with each other.
Next weeks opener at Leigh is a freebie,we have no hope of winning against a team with a 1.6 million budget,but hopefully it will get us ready for the Barrow game.

Few (if any) will win at Leigh this season in my opinion, so as you say, next week is a free hit for you. Just keep it respectable, and you should be OK.

The same applies to Fev, and I'll be very surprised if it's not that pair who'll occupy the two top positions in the Championship, come the play-offs.

You performed almost too well last term by reaching the play-offs, but that's what you have to aim for again this time. It won't be easy though, coz after the "big" two" there seems (to me anyway) quite a few teams who are capable of top six finishes.

I reckon Sheff will seriously struggle. They have a shed-load of away games to start with, as their stadium won't be ready till Easter, and that's far from ideal.

Good luck for the remainder of the season, unless you play us in the Cup of course!  :D

Spelly.