HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Leigh v Haven 30.01.22. Match Reaction

Offline MrsHavenWarrior

• Administrator
  • Haven Immortal
on: 30 Jan 2022, 04:43:21 pm
Full Time:  Leigh 50 - Haven 4

Atrocious discipline from Haven today - this needs to be addressed by Jonty Gorley.

Today was never going to be a Haven victory and I think all Haven fans knew that.  We do, however expect effort and professionalism.  Three players sin-binned in as many minutes is wholly unacceptable whichever way you want to look at it.

They are my thoughts.  Yours?..............

PS:   One consolation, we don't have the accolade of the worst score today:    West Wales Raiders 0 - Swinton 96
🤎💙💛 Whitehaven RLFC 🤎💙💛

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #1 on: 30 Jan 2022, 04:49:23 pm
Feelings are the same discipline is a big worry and doesn’t seem to be improving in the 3 games it’s got worse we can’t do this at this level otherwise we will do nothing

Offline Johnpauljones

• First Team Regular
Reply #2 on: 30 Jan 2022, 04:53:13 pm
Pretty much agree with all that.

There was no chance of winning today but with Jontys interview on radio cumbria Friday it gave the players a free pass today which was always a worry.

I do wonder if the leadership of the team is strong enough ..disciple is shocking. Again down to coach.

Any ref controlling our game hence forth gas a free pass given todays events ..we are now known to be a team with a big discipline issue , a huge problem

I do recognise its early season but there are very few positive signs in the first three games .  I am honestly not convinced Jonty has control of the team or the tactical acumen. Hope am wrong but would be food to see some evidence.

Offline Championess2019

• Academy Star
Reply #3 on: 30 Jan 2022, 04:56:14 pm
When you don't make any subs for half hour against a full time team, discipline is always going to be a problem from tired players.

Offline spacecake

• Haven Legend
Reply #4 on: 30 Jan 2022, 04:57:10 pm
Leigh will beat teams by a lot more than 50 points this season was always gonna be a big defeat today . Season starts for real next 2 games up against teams at our level.  Barrow and London 2 wins and this will be forgot about. And as for the post before about jonty getting a grip I think was bang out of order.

Offline Recre Faithful

• First Team Regular
Reply #5 on: 30 Jan 2022, 04:58:09 pm
Couldn’t give a hoot about the score line as we knew what was liable to happen. I’m more worried about discipline or lack of it listened to radio Cumbria for most of the game but also 5 mins of radio Manchester and the same players were getting mentioned constantly.  Time for Jonty to stand up and drop said players it’s the only way they will learn
« Last Edit: 30 Jan 2022, 05:14:39 pm by MrsHavenWarrior »
Whitehaven RLFC The real pride of cumbria

Remember not everything that talks with an Aussie accent is good enough to wear the Green & Gold

Offline ellisefc13

• Academy Signing
Reply #6 on: 30 Jan 2022, 05:00:56 pm
Was always going to be a tough game but we certainly never helped ourselves, I think it will take a few games for the players to gel 6 debutants today, if we can sort our discipline out and start going set for set with teams rather than making errors we will be fine

Offline Johnpauljones

• First Team Regular
Reply #7 on: 30 Jan 2022, 05:01:47 pm
Re Jonty perhaps youbare correc t Spacecake
 but the three blokes binned for abusing ref should be dropped  surely?

Its a coach killer and if they players had any respect for the coach and their team mates  it wouldn't have happened.  One yes three in five minutes is a very different story.

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #8 on: 30 Jan 2022, 05:04:51 pm
Disappointed by the size of the score line . Didn’t expect a win but I thought I’d we could keep it to about 20 that would be a good effort. Not too many sides will beat Leigh .

Discipline again is a main concern . Going down to 10 men is simply not good enough at this level . Still I’m not getting too worried . Next weeks game against Barrow will give us a better idea just how good we are

Offline Johnpauljones

• First Team Regular
Reply #9 on: 30 Jan 2022, 05:06:44 pm
Agree time judge the coach and team will be after next two games

Minimum of one win and a second close game. Two losses  ..worst fears confirmed

Offline Casperjack

• Academy Star
Reply #10 on: 30 Jan 2022, 05:11:43 pm
We've a squad of 24, so start dropping people at your peril.   The team would be under pressure from the get go and if they've reacted badly then this was possibly the best game to do it in.  Negative comments about a game we were never going to win, only going to knock the lads confidence when they need it most.  I'll be there next week shouting the lads on

Offline Mk1

• First Team Backup
Reply #11 on: 30 Jan 2022, 05:24:57 pm

Atrocious discipline from Haven today - this needs to be addressed by Jonty Gorley.

Cant blame the referee  for 3 "Professional" players who should know better gobbling off at him, leaves him no choice  but to show a yellow, not only disappointing  but also brings the game down to football standards, R.L. is better than that.
« Last Edit: 30 Jan 2022, 05:35:05 pm by MrsHavenWarrior »

Offline MrsHavenWarrior

• Administrator
  • Haven Immortal
Reply #12 on: 30 Jan 2022, 05:34:39 pm

Cant blame the referee  for 3 "Professional" players who should know better gobbling off at him, leaves him no choice  but to show a yellow, not only disappointing  but also brings the game down to football standards, R.L. is better than that.

I didn't blame the referee??
🤎💙💛 Whitehaven RLFC 🤎💙💛

Offline Brow Lad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #13 on: 30 Jan 2022, 05:38:59 pm
Lads lads lads do not panic, and as for calling Jonty Owa…. Next week will see if he acts in the correct manner. 3 lads getting binned is unacceptable, I would drop all 3 to show there not guaranteed there spots. Taylor for Moore, Martin for Bulman maybe Callum but he’s one of our best. My biggest gripe is our two best players don’t enter the field for at least 30 minutes, they should both start end of. Keep the faith a mean how are Halifax fans feeling 😂😂😂

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #14 on: 30 Jan 2022, 05:46:16 pm
Can’t blame the ref he’s a sl standard ref and plays to a sl standard so officiates to that it’s our fault we are part time and not fit enough for that level that being said I got slated for being worried by defeat last week off swinton basically we haven’t won a pre season game and got a heavy beating today I’m not botherd by the result at all I’m botherd about attitude and playing for ya mates 3 players binned in 3 mins but unbelievable pressure on the lads today and is not acceptable if a ref gives a call shut ya dam mouth and play to the rules it’s not the refs fault. I’m botherd because we have been beat in 3 games arguably by 2 teams much weaker supposedly than ourselves now the club has put prices up to 20 quid a game now after these 3 defeats how many fans will come next week for the derby I’d say be lucky if we hit 1k if we had won the two pre season games and lost today then fair enough we would have had a good crowd next week I’m worried because a lot of our fans only follow a winning team and after seeing the last few weeks games would you wanna go back and support them and pay 20 quid after what they have seen I’ve only seen the Workington game but this side need to start performing there’s no easy games and next week is gonna be massive and on this showing we will not beat a barrow side that’s playing well and won every game so far including pre season games we have issues and they need sorted and fast.