Reply #15 on: 20 Jul 2007, 04:21:25 pm
isnt joel tompkins a prop  ???

simon svabics uncle lives up here he helps out the egremont youth teams

Offline DELL

• Academy Signing
Reply #16 on: 20 Jul 2007, 08:34:33 pm
not looking good

http://www.rochdalehornets.com/cgi%2Dbin/newboard/viewtopic.php?t=3949

For Christ's sake I hope this isn't happening and we aren't going down this road again, even the Rochdale fans are finding it hard to believe they're chuffed to bits he's going, another average traveller costing a packet, he played at the Recre earlier this season and done nothing, have D.R., the BOD and (some) supporters not learnt from our past mistakes.
If D.R. signs him he'll have to play him to justify the signing and the cost of the wages he's on wether he's playing well or not i.e. Matty Dale,
and the players we as a club need to develop for the future will miss out yet again.
Absolutely crazy, when are we going to learn.

Offline hensingham boy

• First Team Backup
  • win or lose on the booze
Reply #17 on: 20 Jul 2007, 08:56:06 pm
another panic buy me thinks  :-\

Offline Scoreboard

• Academy Signing
Reply #18 on: 20 Jul 2007, 10:55:51 pm
I think you are wrong i would takes Baldwin and Tomkins.  Baldwin is a tough hard nosed prop yes we have a couple long in the touth with Trindall and fats but they are our best two Props this year Baldwin would be a good addition in the same mould.  Beggers can not be chosers.   Teare just aint doing it and Jacko makes some yards but is a penalty machine.  Hill is more effective in the  backrow.

Tompkins is a young lose forward whom wigan hae just signed for the next 2 1/2 years.  They aint going to let him go but perhaps we will have him for the rest  of the year.  We do not have an out and out lose .  This kid is good.  IF he comes up here for three months does well and enjoys it it will only help attracting player in the future.

Svabic I am not sure baiut I think he is at Oldham and i do not se where he would fit in>

popularsider

Reply #19 on: 20 Jul 2007, 11:02:19 pm
svabic is at rochdale

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #20 on: 21 Jul 2007, 07:03:54 am
not looking good

I  read  some  of  the  comments  on  the  Rochdale  board  and  it  doesn't  surprise  me  there  slagging  him  off.  Its  a  natural  reaction  for  some  fans  to  call  a  guy  who's  just  left  for  a  rival  team  so  personally  I  wouldn't  read  to  much  into  it.

Infact  a  new  club  comes  a  fresh  challenge.  I  reckon  he  could  be  a  good  buy :)

Offline recregoer

• Academy Star
Reply #21 on: 21 Jul 2007, 11:32:37 am
not looking good

I  read  some  of  the  comments  on  the  Rochdale  board  and  it  doesn't  surprise  me  there  slagging  him  off.  Its  a  natural  reaction  for  some  fans  to  call  a  guy  who's  just  left  for  a  rival  team  so  personally  I  wouldn't  read  to  much  into  it.

Infact  a  new  club  comes  a  fresh  challenge.  I  reckon  he  could  be  a  good  buy :)

When they played us at the start of the season they all gave him stick all game. I have never seen a set of fans ever get on at a player like they were up here at him.

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #22 on: 21 Jul 2007, 12:56:24 pm
not looking good

When they played us at the start of the season they all gave him stick all game. I have never seen a set of fans ever get on at a player like they were up here at him.

No  wonder  he  isn't  playing  well  then.  Nowt  like  giving  a  player  encouragement :o

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #23 on: 21 Jul 2007, 12:59:02 pm
have we actually sighned him couse iv heard jack all bout it in the papers

if we have i dont no what to make of it

Offline cumbria 1

• Academy Star
Reply #24 on: 21 Jul 2007, 01:21:20 pm
personaly feel baldwin is a good player but its abit short term thinking because we already have the oldest team in the league surely we dont need any body else wanting a quick payday . Dosent matter who we sign evan  wally lewis in his hay day  want get usto superleague this year i think we should save are money and build for next year give the younger lads a game and if their not good enough we can maybe off load a few of them abit harsh but we need to get abit of dead wood out

Offline DELL

• Academy Signing
Reply #25 on: 21 Jul 2007, 01:34:55 pm
personaly feel baldwin is a good player but its abit short term thinking because we already have the oldest team in the league surely we dont need any body else wanting a quick payday . Dosent matter who we sign evan  wally lewis in his hay day  want get usto superleague this year i think we should save are money and build for next year give the younger lads a game and if their not good enough we can maybe off load a few of them abit harsh but we need to get abit of dead wood out

Totally agree with you 100%, but has this coach and his coaching staff, the BOD and some of the supporters who post on here got the vision to realise this is the road we must take.

Offline Keith

• Fans Favourite
Reply #26 on: 21 Jul 2007, 05:42:20 pm
I don't normally criticise individual players but if you haven't got better players already at Haven then Baldwin or Svabic then I think you are scraping the barrel.     Smacks of desparation to me.    Baldwin hasn't been anywhere near a decent player for years and Svabic came into RL with a big rap but hasn't managed to achieve much where-ever he's been.    I think you would do better bringing on the under 21 lads than wasting money on these sort of players.
Keith - Haven Legend previously a former Haven Immortal!!!

Offline Scoreboard

• Academy Signing
Reply #27 on: 21 Jul 2007, 06:10:44 pm
Cheers Keith.  Same could be said about many of Towns signings.  Why bring under 21 from other clubs instead of developing your own Sidlow and the scrum half or the big lump from Blackpool Ormersher.

Offline Keith

• Fans Favourite
Reply #28 on: 21 Jul 2007, 06:55:18 pm
Once again scoreboard, I thought the conversation was about two possible signings by Haven, my mistake if it isn't!!!!!  ::)

However, if you want to talk about some of Town's signings on hear then let me know.    As it happens I wasn't in favour of Town signing Ormesher, either.    However, the lad Sidlow is going to be a massive player of the future if he continues in the way he is playing at Town and young Keavney is filling a gap until young Campbell is fit again.   So, the difference is that we have brought them two in as players with a future not players who have been tried alsewhere and done nothing!!!   Get that big chip off your shoulder it's making you lean too much one way.  ;) ;) ;)
Keith - Haven Legend previously a former Haven Immortal!!!

Monte2carlo

Reply #29 on: 21 Jul 2007, 08:35:11 pm
Keith,

Your talents are wasted in west cumbria, your chould be at the houses of parliament as a spin doctor for Mr Brown

Monte