HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Olstrom Returns

Offline MrsHavenWarrior

• Administrator
  • Haven Immortal
on: 18 Mar 2022, 05:00:00 pm
Whitehaven Rugby League are delighted to announce the return of Karl Olstrom to the LEL Arena and will go straight into Jonty Gorley’s plans for this weekend’s fixture vs Sheffield Eagles.

Olstrom returns to the LEL Arena following a break away from Rugby League. Olstrom picked up an injury in the Championship fixture vs Oldham at Stalybridge last season and then decided to step away from the professional game. He has now been back with the club for several weeks training and has now signed a deal to resume playing. 

Haven head coach Jonty Gorley spoke saying “Karl has been training with us for about 6 week now. He has trained very well and never missed, earning himself a place in my squad. Karl brings plenty of enthusiasm and is always one of the fittest and strongest.

If Karl continues to train as he is, he will no doubt be a valuable member of the squad, as he can play a number of positions, although he is predominantly a middle forward. Karl, like the rest of the squad has got the attributes to play championship rugby.”

Director and member of the football committee Ashley Kilpatrick said “It’s great to have Karl back at the club. Karl got an injury against Oldham last season that hampered his season. He then took some time away from the game and then went back to Wath Brow. Since his return Karl has trained with the club and has trained the house down he has really impressed jonty & his staff. An on fire Karl Olstrom is arguably one of the best forwards in the league, his work ethic & his engine are second to none he brings that utility value to us as well. I can’t wait to see Karl back on the field representing his hometown club once again.

Pictured (L-R) Kevin Hetherington (Assistant coach), Jonty Gorley (Head Coach), Karl Olstrom and Stephen Kirkbride (Assistant coach)
🤎💙💛 Whitehaven RLFC 🤎💙💛

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #1 on: 18 Mar 2022, 06:27:19 pm
On his day he’s a quality player but you have to ask how many chances are we going to give him . He’s  known for not turning up for games . Surely this has to be his last chance . Pleased he’s resigned but I’m
Not holding my breathe

Offline HavenWarrior

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #2 on: 18 Mar 2022, 07:21:31 pm
On his day he’s a quality player but you have to ask how many chances are we going to give him . He’s  known for not turning up for games . Surely this has to be his last chance . Pleased he’s resigned but I’m
Not holding my breathe

On a plus side, next 2 games are at home. At least he cannot miss the bus.

HW

Offline spacecake

• Haven Legend
Reply #3 on: 18 Mar 2022, 07:39:56 pm
Absoute class player for us some fans may have issues but to me quality signing

Offline stockporthaven

• Academy Star
Reply #4 on: 19 Mar 2022, 02:03:45 pm
No doubting ability, but who would he replace?

Props Walker, McEvoy Graham and Bradley all ahead of him (even allowing for Riley going missing)

Back row King, Cooper, Hudson, Wilkinson, Aiye, Holliday & Moore are proven and deserve their chance

Offline lastmanstanding

• First Team Backup
Reply #5 on: 19 Mar 2022, 02:41:51 pm
Oh well that’s our penalty count up as when the red mist comes down he will loose it  :D no doubting his rugby ability it’s just his head that needs sorted (if he decides to turn up)
« Last Edit: 19 Mar 2022, 05:02:04 pm by lastmanstanding »

Offline HWL

• Global Moderator
  • Academy Star
Reply #6 on: 19 Mar 2022, 04:14:14 pm
For me Karl is a great rugby player who, on his day CAN be a match winner!
The player Haven have to worry about Sun is ex-Haven loanee Anthony Thackery. This guy plays in a dinner suit and is on top form at the mo.
Haven need to get in his face (legally of course) or he will put the big Sheff forwards through the gaps.
Let's not worry about Saints the two points tomorrow are gold--we could be six points clear of the pointless teams at the basement.
El Tel.

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #7 on: 19 Mar 2022, 05:54:40 pm
For me Karl is a great rugby player who, on his day CAN be a match winner!
The player Haven have to worry about Sun is ex-Haven loanee Anthony Thackery. This guy plays in a dinner suit and is on top form at the mo.
Haven need to get in his face (legally of course) or he will put the big Sheff forwards through the gaps.
Let's not worry about Saints the two points tomorrow are gold--we could be six points clear of the pointless teams at the basement.
El Tel.

Totally agree . Where all thinking of the saints game but Sheffield is far more important. The league is our bread and butter

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #8 on: 27 Mar 2022, 02:15:01 pm
Just had a look at the Town side for the Fax game and Olstrum is down to play unless it’s someone with his surname

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #9 on: 27 Mar 2022, 02:22:41 pm
Think it’s his cousin

Offline spacecake

• Haven Legend
Reply #10 on: 27 Mar 2022, 02:28:59 pm
It's Zak olstrum played last season winger/centre

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #11 on: 27 Mar 2022, 03:32:18 pm
It's Zak olstrum played last season winger/centre

Cheers Pal . When i saw the town team
Sheet I thought Christ he’s switched back over quick 🤣🤣.