HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Haven v Sheffield Eagles 20.03.22 - Match Reaction

Offline MrsHavenWarrior

• Administrator
  • Haven Immortal
Well back down to earth with a BANG!

Home defeat at the hands of Sheffield Eagles in front of a crowd of 1,239.   A few injuries picked up along the way - fingers crossed they are all in contention for next week!

Your thoughts........
🤎💙💛 Whitehaven RLFC 🤎💙💛

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #1 on: 20 Mar 2022, 05:00:18 pm
A lot of fans let down today! Couldn’t have played worse tackling abysmal god help us next week very very frustrating  :witch:

Offline Recre Faithful

• First Team Regular
Reply #2 on: 20 Mar 2022, 05:14:39 pm
Very poor performance today made worse by the man in the middle killing the game after 10 mins.  I’m starting to worry about our strength in depth as we just can’t drop players when not performing we have nothing coming from our fullback and nothing from our left centre. Next week is just a game where we need to keep away from injuries
Whitehaven RLFC The real pride of cumbria

Remember not everything that talks with an Aussie accent is good enough to wear the Green & Gold

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #3 on: 20 Mar 2022, 05:15:40 pm
Really poor performance. Makes you wonder if some
Players had their thoughts on next week . Ref didn’t cover himself in glory . Graham’s tip tackle wasn’t good but at worst was a yellow not a red . They did same in the 2nd half and all we got was a penalty.

That said even if we hadn’t a player sent off I still don’t think we would have had much chance . I was very impressed with Sheffield . They were far much quicker than us and scored some good tries through fast hands . Their interception try just about summed it up . Bad day at the office is an understatement. Play like that next week it’ll be a cricket score

Offline Championess2019

• Academy Star
Reply #4 on: 20 Mar 2022, 05:41:22 pm
Never nearly 1300 there today....  worst performance I can remember 12 men or not.  Perhaps they aren't up for playing saints.

Offline lastmanstanding

• First Team Backup
Reply #5 on: 20 Mar 2022, 05:48:20 pm
Absolute pants that’s all that can be said, yes the red card should have been yellow at best but we looked like team that was berets of ideas. Some players can hold there heads up i.e Kingy, Holliday & Bish. But our FB, centres, SH we’re all pants today IMO.

Offline Championess2019

• Academy Star
Reply #6 on: 20 Mar 2022, 06:12:08 pm
Absolute pants that’s all that can be said, yes the red card should have been yellow at best but we looked like team that was berets of ideas. Some players can hold there heads up i.e Kingy, Holliday & Bish. But our FB, centres, SH we’re all pants today IMO.

Evans is abysmal.  But when signing players of video and recommendations it is going to happen.

Offline spelly

• Academy Signing
Reply #7 on: 20 Mar 2022, 07:58:45 pm
Sheff have had some good results so far this term, and have yet to play at home, but.............

I'm still surprised you were so far astray of 'em.

Conceding 40+ at home, is not the best way to prepare for a visit from the best team in the country next weekend.

What'll be a good result against Saints?

Keep it below 50, and score a try?

Good luck anyway!

Spelly.

• Haven Legend
Reply #8 on: 20 Mar 2022, 08:07:53 pm
Spelly today was a shambles their focus was totally on saints and didn’t give Sheffield the respect they deserved and got a hiding for it that said I hope the ref never comes here again as he robbed us blind today I just hope the rfl can see what we have to put up with most weeks

Offline HavenWarrior

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #9 on: 20 Mar 2022, 08:41:11 pm
Spelly today was a shambles their focus was totally on saints and didn’t give Sheffield the respect they deserved and got a hiding for it that said I hope the ref never comes here again as he robbed us blind today I just hope the rfl can see what we have to put up with most weeks

Jonty was happy with the Red Card, saying that, he missed a few high knocks in second half. But game was gone by then.

HW

• Haven Legend
Reply #10 on: 20 Mar 2022, 08:48:30 pm
Just very poor day all round pal

Offline meesterC

• Academy Star
Reply #11 on: 21 Mar 2022, 07:10:07 am
12 men playing against 13 + a weak ref. It was downhill once we were reduced to 12 men.

Roll on next week and hopefully keeping the score respectable.

Offline Mk1

• First Team Backup
Reply #12 on: 21 Mar 2022, 02:40:45 pm
12 men playing against 13 + a weak ref. It was downhill once we were reduced to 12 men.

next week is a waste of time, some players might see it as the pinnacle of their career but I would use the opportunity  to drop some of those not performing and give some squad players  a run out as we are going to get absolutely  mullared anyway.

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #13 on: 21 Mar 2022, 03:06:06 pm

next week is a waste of time, some players might see it as the pinnacle of their career but I would use the opportunity  to drop some of those not performing and give some squad players  a run out as we are going to get absolutely  mullared anyway.

unfortunately we havnt any players to bring in were at bare bones with a few more injuries with newts we will have tom walker back hopefully.
born and bred haven.