HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Haven v Saints 26.03.22 - Match Reaction

Offline MrsHavenWarrior

• Administrator
  • Haven Immortal
on: 26 Mar 2022, 03:57:41 pm
Well, that puts paid to Haven's 2022 Betfred Challenge Cup.  However, Haven can hold their heads high, there is no disgrace being beaten by the Super League Champions.

I must admit, the scoreline is MUCH better than I anticipated.  Discipline was tip-top and I am a proudHaven supporter today.

Full time from the LEL Arena

Haven 4 - Saints 46

Your thoughts............
🤎💙💛 Whitehaven RLFC 🤎💙💛

Offline spacecake

• Haven Legend
Reply #1 on: 26 Mar 2022, 04:13:12 pm
Very good effort. I'd have been pleased with that type of scoreline at the start of the week but after today's showing it could and should have been closer

Online Casperjack

• Academy Star
Reply #2 on: 26 Mar 2022, 04:48:25 pm
Fantastic effort,  deserved more points and crucially money in the bank.   Really worrying injuries but I'm delighted with the performance from each and everyone of them.   And I got my seat happy days

Offline spelly

• Academy Signing
Reply #3 on: 26 Mar 2022, 05:45:26 pm
I only caught the last twenty minutes on the box, as I was out, but..........

Massive congrats to you mob!

Put in a performance like that every week, and you won't lose many league games!

Well done 'Haven!

Spelly.

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #4 on: 26 Mar 2022, 05:54:21 pm
 Very very proud of our lads today have everything and we could have had more points can’t complaint crowd and day was unreal well done

Offline noahrob

• Fans Favourite
Reply #5 on: 26 Mar 2022, 06:08:38 pm
Massive well done to the lads, the two injuries didn't  help the effort, not say we would have won but I think the score would have closer.
It would be nice if saints donated their share of the gate to the club.

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #6 on: 26 Mar 2022, 06:23:52 pm
Really good effort . First 20’hard to tell which was the SL team. Their first try looked marginally forward but wasn’t picked up . Their 2nd came off what looked a knock on by Saints . Their 3rd came off the back off what looked a strange pass by Dion .

2nd half fitness started to tell . We had our moments and just a pity we didn’t take an excellent opportunity right at the end .

All in all a good day apart from the injury to the Haven player . Not sure the attendance but I would have said at least 4000. I’m sure the club will have made plenty of money as it was hard to get served at the the bar and also the beer tents

• Haven Legend
Reply #7 on: 26 Mar 2022, 06:49:21 pm
Crowd given as 4,900

Offline Exile in Jamland

• Academy Signing
Reply #8 on: 26 Mar 2022, 07:25:49 pm
So proud of the team today. Really gave their all, and with a two man bench for at least 2/3 of the game we never gave up. As people have commented, it could have been slightly closer and we would have deserved to be. Back to the league now. Be good to put some of today's performance into those games. Dixon my MoM, but Bishop awesome too. Forwards stood up to Saints pack. My picks were Graham, Walker, and King. Come on Haven!

Offline Mk1

• First Team Backup
Reply #9 on: 26 Mar 2022, 07:38:19 pm
So proud of the team today. Really gave their all, and with a two man bench for at least 2/3 of the game we never gave up. As people have commented, it could have been slightly closer and we would have deserved to be. Back to the league now. Be good to put some of today's performance into those games. Dixon my MoM, but Bishop awesome too. Forwards stood up to Saints pack. My picks were Graham, Walker, and King. Come on Haven!

Thought King had a hoss of a gameand the hammer shook a few ribs todaby but for me Bishop was star man, running the show.  Hopefully  they can carry the desire shown today into the league  and survival  will be guaranteed. All in all a great team performance by all the team.

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #10 on: 27 Mar 2022, 09:01:38 am
Anyone hear the
Half time draw
Alans ham
Pat's raffle numbers
Couldn't hear for the noise
What a day proud of the haven
born and bred haven.

• Haven Legend
Reply #11 on: 27 Mar 2022, 02:48:56 pm
Anyone know if Wilko is ok had his arm in a sling  yesterday what a player he is and his break was unreal nearly setting up a try

Offline Championess2019

• Academy Star
Reply #12 on: 27 Mar 2022, 06:31:31 pm
Need to replicate that effort week in week out.  With a fair referee and a bit better ball control we would have been within 20.  Left edge attack looked really good yesterday.

Offline njg4haven

• First Team Regular
  • Only 700k to go to purchase date
    • Cumbria's Top Band
Reply #13 on: 28 Mar 2022, 06:55:46 am
Anyone hear the
Half time draw
Alans ham
Pat's raffle numbers
Couldn't hear for the noise
What a day proud of the haven

The winking ticket numbers on here would be useful.
"To sin by silence makes cowards of men"   Ella Wilcox USA