HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Cumbria Super League

Offline spelly

• Academy Signing
on: 30 Mar 2022, 11:39:32 pm
I've mentioned this before, but.........

Are the words "Cumbria" and "Super League" ever gonna be said in the same sentence?

Heroic performances by Barrow and 'Haven over the weekend, against teams from the top division, have once again evoked the question, but how would / could it work?

With the greatest respect to all three clubs in the county, the chance of any of 'em making it on their own, is remote, but...........

The possibilities of a joint / merged / hybrid outfit evolving, are (in my opinion) nigh on impossible!

Would you merge with Town to see the likes of Pies, Leeds, Wire, as regulars on your fixture list? I seriously reckon you would not!

The amateur game is still strong up there, and all three pro sides are currently in the middle tier, but............

SL is another ball game entirely, so........

Over to you mes amis, coz this Lion certainly doesn't know the answer!   :-[

Spelly.
« Last Edit: 30 Mar 2022, 11:41:04 pm by spelly »

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #1 on: 31 Mar 2022, 06:52:34 am
I love watching haven spelly for the last near 25+ years and last sat made my hunger stronger than ever but even I know and seen at the weekend I want to see that every week and it was unreal the area needs super league but we needs to have a plan that is suitable for haven and town I do believe something could be done but a lot of work needed we need a top class stadium for starters something this area desperately needs, I do believe with the right backing maybe from sellafield a team in super league could dominate the competition if run properly. But you need a strong foundation also of an academy and I just believe if the kids up here believed they could achieve sl it flourish even stronger. This area is a sleeping giant but will it be woken