HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Fax v Haven - 03.04.22 - Match Reaction

Offline spelly

• Academy Signing
Reply #15 on: 03 Apr 2022, 10:10:21 pm
To be honest, I thought you'd have got stuffed today, after the exertions of last week, and was very surprised when I checked my phone at half time in our game, to see you were well in front, but......

With a squad of only sixteen men, you were obviously behind the eight ball even before a ball was kicked, and have nowt to be ashamed of at all, so......

Heads up guys!

We had a(nother) comfortable win down at Hurricanes, coming away with a 54-16 victory, to remain top of the table, but.,,,,,,,

So far we've played two of the weaker teams, and not getting away. The visit to Donny next week, should prove a far sterner test for us.

Spelly.
« Last Edit: 03 Apr 2022, 10:12:52 pm by spelly »

Offline Casperjack

• Academy Star
Reply #16 on: 04 Apr 2022, 09:08:14 am
I reluctantly agree about forfeiting the Sheffield game but what might be the punishment?  Heavy fine, points deducted, tread carefully I'd say.  I hope everyone working on recruitment come up with the answers...

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #17 on: 04 Apr 2022, 11:36:27 am
I agree I would forfeit the game . We’ll be lucky to have 17 fit players unless Jonty can bring in loan players .  Add to that it’s a bit of a Mickey Mouse cup . I’d rather keep players fresh for the Town game . Also what was up with Olstrum . Is he injured ??

Offline lastmanstanding

• First Team Backup
Reply #18 on: 04 Apr 2022, 12:42:12 pm
Why is Moore not in the squad also

Offline eternal optimist

• First Team Backup
Reply #19 on: 04 Apr 2022, 01:42:13 pm

Moore and Olstrom were missing due to illness.

Des

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #20 on: 04 Apr 2022, 02:02:50 pm
I would never say forfeit a game but I just feel this game brings nothing to the club and will just cost us with more injuries etc I wouldn’t think they would deduct points or fine us you are just letting the other team progress as a last resort. The league is far far more important this is a game we just don’t need at the min

Offline spacecake

• Haven Legend
Reply #21 on: 04 Apr 2022, 02:40:07 pm

Pulled out with covid

Offline Casperjack

• Academy Star
Reply #22 on: 05 Apr 2022, 09:59:18 am
Changed my mind,  if we don't play Sheffield Guy Graham can't play against Town....rumours of an overseas option........

Offline spelly

• Academy Signing
Reply #23 on: 05 Apr 2022, 03:44:59 pm
Easy for me to say I admit, but in my opinion, to forfeit the Sheff game, would do you no favours at all.

I accept that you're down to the bare bones squad wise, but the match is a chance to get a bit nearer of being there on RL's big day, down in the "Smoke" come the end of next month, and the positive exposure it'd bring.

I would guess that the RFL would not look too kindly on you should you take such a drastic measure, and a points deduction could follow.

It's an away-ish tie for them, as their new ground is still not ready to host fixtures, so...........

I say GO FOR IT 'HAVEN!!!

Spelly.
« Last Edit: 05 Apr 2022, 03:53:04 pm by spelly »