HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Haven v Town - Easter Sunday 17.4.22 - Match Reaction

Offline MrsHavenWarrior

• Administrator
  • Haven Immortal
Well, well, well!!!!

Haven take the spoils in the West Cumbrian Derby.  Gotta love a Derby Day!

Your thoughts.................
๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’› Whitehaven RLFC ๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’›

Offline cbandg01

• Top Try Scorer
  • Let's play to our strengths to create problems
Reply #1 on: 17 Apr 2022, 09:13:29 pm
Young loan players were all fantastic, so have to say great effort young lads. Our defence and game management was class, Williams MoM spot on. Never to be forgotten though was King at acting half back (why)....... obvious .....to sell the most  outrageous dummy at the end to score the winning try. Just had to chuckle at that. Well done haven, and thanks young Hull lads, you all done us proud.

Offline spelly

• Academy Signing
Reply #2 on: 17 Apr 2022, 09:25:02 pm
Watched it on the box, and really enjoyed it.

Thought you jut about shaded it over the 80.

Spelly.

Offline Mk1

• First Team Backup
Reply #3 on: 17 Apr 2022, 09:33:05 pm
Well, well, well!!!!

Haven take the spoils in the West Cumbrian Derby.  Gotta love a Derby Day!

Your thoughts.................
The jam were definitely  more up for it than us. We made hard work against a team that at best should have been a run out. Thought the loanees were outstanding, full back was class, never missed a high ball. Next Derby against Barra will be an altogether harder test.

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #4 on: 17 Apr 2022, 09:38:04 pm
Hard fought Win. Not much in it first half . 2nd half we controlled the game . Our loaness did well especially Litten . He was outstanding. Hopefully weโ€™ll keep these lads for a  few more games

Offline HavenRL2010

• First Team Backup
Reply #5 on: 18 Apr 2022, 10:07:18 am
Hate to say it but I thought town was the better team for the majority of the game our bigger pack and weather suited us more.

Nice move by the club to charge a fiver for the u16s I fetched my son and three of his mates thinking it was free!?!

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #6 on: 18 Apr 2022, 10:11:32 am
Dunno we started off well and then town got a good foothold in the game we gave some daft penalties and conceded three very poor tries especially the 2nd town played very well I have to say and I think they will beat dewsbury next week but the 2nd half the weather was a leveler for town we dropped about 8 balls in good positions and just struggled in general but a bit of grit and determination got us through. How good was the crowd for a bank holiday 7pm TV game? Unreal

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #7 on: 18 Apr 2022, 10:17:34 am
Great move by the club bringing the loan lads in Davy litten was sold under every Ball I hope we can extend his loan we weren't at our best and won the Derby massive 2 points the jam are in the bin.
born and bred haven.

Offline Exile in Jamland

• Academy Signing
Reply #8 on: 18 Apr 2022, 10:49:56 am
What a great game, which I thought we deserved to win. Fair play to Town who also played very well and will surely win their first game soon. Second half we cut out the mistakes and penalties that gifted Town field position for all three of their tries. We battered them second half and their defence held up to Kinga's outrageous dummy to win the game. Fantastic atmosphere. Great scenes at the end. Now for the next one.

Offline Brow Lad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #9 on: 18 Apr 2022, 11:55:51 am
Think Haven deserves more credit, they only scored on the back of brain farts giving them field position. 2nd half can only remember them attacking our line once. Am not gonna give Town any credit as there support reverts to type ( crap crowd, drinking lads ect ect ) in reality they are very poor and are going to be relegated. Another 2 leaving a sinking ship hopefully Haven brings one of them in ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป Dion & Callum need to be on the field longer IMO x

Offline Biffer

• Academy Star
Reply #10 on: 18 Apr 2022, 12:15:29 pm
Think Haven deserves more credit, they only scored on the back of brain farts giving them field position. 2nd half can only remember them attacking our line once. Am not gonna give Town any credit as there support reverts to type ( crap crowd, drinking lads ect ect ) in reality they are very poor and are going to be relegated. Another 2 leaving a sinking ship hopefully Haven brings one of them in ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป Dion & Callum need to be on the field longer IMO x

If he does sign for Haven then make sure he gets game time or the toys will be out the pram.

Offline Casperjack

• Academy Star
Reply #11 on: 18 Apr 2022, 01:12:45 pm
I absolutely loved last night's game,  a typical tense, no frills derby.  Loanees were great and some of the lesser lights shone bright e.g. Will Evans.  I watch Town when I can and players leaving isn't good news and might be an opportunity for us, especially as loan players will be required for "a" teams soon.  For me we're still low on numbers but would ask why are they leaving Town......

Offline spacecake

• Haven Legend
Reply #12 on: 18 Apr 2022, 02:19:59 pm

Who's the 2 players leaving town I take it singleton is one but he'll be under contract stopping him signing for anyone else

Offline Biffer

• Academy Star
Reply #13 on: 18 Apr 2022, 02:23:57 pm

Who's the 2 players leaving town I take it singleton is one but he'll be under contract stopping him signing for anyone else

3 departed that I'm awate of this year Ry Wilson (Back to Elbra) and apparently Hanley Dawson and Perry Singleton - Both yet to be confirmed.

Offline HavenWarrior

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #14 on: 18 Apr 2022, 02:45:50 pm

3 departed that I'm awate of this year Ry Wilson (Back to Elbra) and apparently Hanley Dawson and Perry Singleton - Both yet to be confirmed.

Ryan Wilson left mid February. Was announced by Town at the time.

HW