HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

New Loanee

Offline MrsHavenWarrior

• Administrator
  • Haven Immortal
on: 28 Apr 2022, 07:12:48 pm
Whitehaven RL are delighted to announce the loan signing of winger Harvey Barron on a short term deal while Davy Litten and Jacob Hookem have been recalled by the Super League side with both being named in their 21 man squad for their clash with Toulouse.

6 feet 3 Barron who will turn 19 next month is the latest player to join us from Hull in our ever growing partnership with the Super League side off the field. Head coach Jonty Gorley spoke saying "Harvey comes with a big reputation having represented his country at academy level and now we are glad to give him an opportunity to prove himself in what his a very competitive Championship environment. With his sheer size and pace I expect him to be able to look at home very easily in the division. I’d like to put on record my thanks to Brett Hodgson, James Clark and all at Hull for their continued co-operation despite an ever growing injury list themselves.”

Director Ashley Kilpatrick said "We are delighted to welcome Harvey to Whitehaven, he’s a big lad for a winger 6 and has a lot of pace. Hopefully we can help with his development as he has been in the 21 man squad for the first team a few times last season and this season. Harvey’s an England youth international so has good pedigree as well as coming through the youth systems at the club.

James Clark and Brett Hodgson have helped us out again with letting Harvey come over to us showing the strength of our ever growing partnership with them and we hope this will continue to grow.

Hull have got a-bit of an injury crisis like us at the moment, so they’ve recalled Davy Litten and Jacob Hookem, hopefully we will see both lads back soon but we wish them both all the best and hopefully they can play super league in the coming weeks.
🤎💙💛 Whitehaven RLFC 🤎💙💛

Offline havenselite

• First Team Regular
Reply #1 on: 28 Apr 2022, 07:15:07 pm
Enjoy your spell in the choc blue and gold harvey.
Up The Haven

Offline Casperjack

• Academy Star
Reply #2 on: 28 Apr 2022, 08:24:56 pm
Welcome Harvey, thank God for Hulls support at the moment but in the medium term we need to up our game to sign local players