HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Featherstone v Haven 21.5.22 - Match Reaction

Offline MrsHavenWarrior

• Administrator
  • Haven Immortal
on: 21 May 2022, 07:09:07 pm
Well, we knew it would be a defeat (hoped it wouldn't be).  Thankfully the 2nd half try ratio didn't quite match the 1st half.  However, still a heavy defeat. 

Your thoughts........
🤎💙💛 Whitehaven RLFC 🤎💙💛

Offline spacecake

• Haven Legend
Reply #1 on: 21 May 2022, 07:18:46 pm
Never gonna compete with half of this league with so many young loanees week in week out up against strong experienced teams . Hope we can sneak another 3 or 4 wins or we'll be going down with town

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #2 on: 21 May 2022, 07:19:48 pm
Well we’ve been ravaged by injuries which hasn’t helped . If we had our strongest 17 it wouldn’t have been that score . We were also up against a side with a much bigger budget than we have .

That said we shouldn’t be getting beat by such a huge score line . Personally I think we need someone new at the helm . Great to see if Charlo would come back or even get a new coach in . Jonty is a good assistant coach but I don’t think it’s head coach is a step to much .

Just got to hope London Dewsbury and Town all lose tomorrow. And we start getting bodies back soon

Offline Johnpauljones

• First Team Regular
Reply #3 on: 21 May 2022, 08:06:06 pm
Total anialation ... draw own conclusoons but chane needs to happen.

Online Casperjack

• Academy Star
Reply #4 on: 21 May 2022, 08:29:22 pm
Wayne Bennett wouldn't be any better than Jonty,  we're up against it but might survive if we stick together.  Injuries have ruined us and we don't have anything to bring about the changes needed,   I start from the position 3wins could do it for us,

Offline spacecake

• Haven Legend
Reply #5 on: 21 May 2022, 08:30:39 pm

Change of coach would make no difference marra we need 3 or 4 experienced players in right away can't believe we haven't offered Holgate a good deal number 9 is where we're desperately short at

Offline Textually Active

• Academy Star
Reply #6 on: 21 May 2022, 08:36:23 pm

Change of coach would make no difference marra we need 3 or 4 experienced players in right away can't believe we haven't offered Holgate a good deal number 9 is where we're desperately short at

I have it on VERY good authority that Holgate was offered a very good deal but he decided to remain with Brow 😎

Offline spacecake

• Haven Legend
Reply #7 on: 21 May 2022, 08:39:11 pm

I have it on VERY good authority that Holgate was offered a very good deal but he decided to remain with Brow 😎

Fair play to him then if he wants to stay there he,s still only a young lad .

Online Casperjack

• Academy Star
Reply #8 on: 21 May 2022, 08:57:17 pm
Holgate single handedly dragged wath brow over the line today; we don't have a lot to entice him with but money isn't our only challenge, we'd also have to get around the egotistical leader at wath brow who's never been on ours or anyone else's side but his own.

Offline Biffer

• Academy Star
Reply #9 on: 21 May 2022, 09:22:47 pm
Holgate single handedly dragged wath brow over the line today; we don't have a lot to entice him with but money isn't our only challenge, we'd also have to get around the egotistical leader at wath brow who's never been on ours or anyone else's side but his own.
Or you could say he's trying to look after young players best interests, be it BARLA tours Etc, and then seeing them head into the pro game only when they are ready to do so

Offline Brow Lad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #10 on: 21 May 2022, 09:50:30 pm
Would u wanna give your weekends up to go to fevs, Leigh’s ect and get 70 plus points on you. It’s an unfair playing field supported by a out of touch RFL. Should put them two up and have say 3 year of non relegation. Get 20 teams in champ and let the teams breathe. 20 home games and cup games try and generate some cash. It can’t go on like this like!

Offline Steven DeMont

• First Team Regular
Reply #11 on: 21 May 2022, 10:32:37 pm
Just not acceptable.

If the aussies put as much effort into their rugby as they do ****ing it up around the market we might be OK.

Would also question what the coaches are doing. Bring back Charlo 

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #12 on: 22 May 2022, 06:46:09 am
I agree we had a good environment last season the problems just aren’t being fixed something needs done and quick

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #13 on: 22 May 2022, 07:08:24 am
I feel a bit sorry for Jonty as he’s having to do it tough . We have loads of injuries and many are long term which isn’t helping . I just think tho he’s a bit out of his depth as senior coach . He’d be better as an assistant like season . I would defo get Charlo back for the remainder.  I think we also need to recruit better loanee players who have a bit more experience.  Get 3 wins we have a chance of survival. 4 should defo do it as long as London and Dewsbury don’t win too many

Offline jagnew

• Academy Signing
Reply #14 on: 25 May 2022, 08:02:13 pm
And the ref was rubbish