HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

WHEN IS SOMETHNG GOING TO BE DONE ABOUT THESE REFEREES?

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #15 on: 22 Jul 2007, 11:28:00 pm
I  think  Refs  do  favour  the  bigger  side  especially  when  there  playing  at  home.  Also  I  think  the  RFL  want  a  Cas  Widnes  final  and  it  wouldn't surprise  me  if  Refs  go  out  to  be  leniant  aagainst  these  2.

As  for  Cox's  commentary  its  hard  to  judge  but   Farrell  was  his  co  commentator  and  he  agreed  with  what  Cox  said  had  happened.

Offline wizard

• Academy Signing
Reply #16 on: 23 Jul 2007, 10:05:45 am
i was standing on the touch line and saw exactly what happend Wright tackled Wilkes and gave him a smack on the floor wilkes tried to get up then matterson came over the top and punched him.The decision by the oficials were right im afraid buy the video if no one belives it this will prove it

specialbrew92

Reply #17 on: 23 Jul 2007, 10:30:08 am
Wizard,

So did you also see when your players were off side at the kick from Moron. ?

Or the cheap high shots from your lot, maybe the slowing down of the games from Widnes pack or the pathetic behaviour of some of your so called fans ?

Give us some credit , we lost by a dubious decision again.

You will be gatting beaten at the rec without the help of a referee

Monte

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
Reply #18 on: 23 Jul 2007, 12:21:10 pm
wilkes admitted after the game he threw the first punch...it appears he pulled matty out for running in.....hhhhmmmm now when did that last happen

last week with beswick and what happened then
THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline Chemical-Chris

• Academy Star
  • Till I Die
Reply #19 on: 23 Jul 2007, 01:36:43 pm
Wizard,

So did you also see when your players were off side at the kick from Moron. ?

Or the cheap high shots from your lot, maybe the slowing down of the games from Widnes pack or the pathetic behaviour of some of your so called fans ?

Give us some credit , we lost by a dubious decision again.

You will be gatting beaten at the rec without the help of a referee

Monte

lol this seemed to be your game plan

Offline champ

• First Team Backup
Reply #20 on: 23 Jul 2007, 04:37:43 pm
To be fair to John Cox, after the match I heard him saying that he thought that the ref had had a good game and been fair to both teams other than that one incident.   He then backtracked a bit by saying that he saw the incident from a different viewpoint to where they video from so it might not be so clear cut on the video!!!!!!!!

How is though that he always has the best view of anyone else in the stadium????????????????????????????
Quite right too.  We have a go at the ref when we are justified so lets todays ref some praise.  I thought he was more than fair to both sides.  He did just what we want all refs to do and that is give against them what you give against us.  Haven were the best team and we were unlucky not to get all 3 points.  Lets just think back to blackpool and we got what we deserved.  Big pat on the back for the players AND coaching staff for picking themselves up to put in that display. Well done lads.  By the way Oliver Wilkes admitted he through the first punch

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #21 on: 23 Jul 2007, 09:29:28 pm
the last 2 weeks these officials have really done us. ok last week mr leahy didnt score 54 points but the sin binning of gary broadbent ended any hope for us. and yesterday mike dawber got it wrong when he gave that late penalty from 3 well earned points to a bonus point. who are we going to get this week hopefully not these 2. we need a rub of the grren sometime.   
born and bred haven.

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #22 on: 23 Jul 2007, 09:43:32 pm
did dawber really get it wrong though? i dont know, i listened to cox commentating!!

according to cox, wilkes threw the 1st punch then wright hit him back< as you would do> but as anyone knows, the retalliator will almost always get penalised, not the instigator, and lets be honest, its really just a minor issue that matty was pulled out and spoken to

perhaps if we LEARNED not to give the refs opportunities to penalise us then they wouldn't!
the reverand, big mac

Just cause you don't understand what's going on don't mean it don't make no sense
And just cause you don't like it, don't mean it ain't no good

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #23 on: 23 Jul 2007, 09:45:44 pm
How many more times are we going to be robbed by inept and corrupt
refereeing!

I am only judging my view by John Cox's commentary so not entirely
sure if the integrity of his remarks, but surely, if Oliver Wilkes
threw the first punch at Ricky Wright, Oliver Wilkes should have been
the one penalised and NOT Graeme Mattinson who was nowhere bloody near
the tackle???

I am beginning to think there is some kind of conspiracy against
Haven! Our discipline at home is nowhere near what is portrayed when
we are away from home.

Am I paranoid??

no you will find, as i have now posted in various topics, that the retalliator not the instigator usually gets penalised, and like u say mrs hw, like me u were listening to cocks commetnating so take it all with a pinch of salt!

even our coach thought it was the correct decision
the reverand, big mac

Just cause you don't understand what's going on don't mean it don't make no sense

Offline JAYFORHAVEN

• Academy Star
Reply #24 on: 24 Jul 2007, 10:50:22 am
I WROTE ON HERE 2 WEEKS AGO ABOUT REFS I HAVE FOLLOWED HAVEN SINCE GAME 1 AND HAVE NEVER SEEN SUCH BAD REFFING IT DOES NOT MATTER  WHOS SIDE THE REF IS ON THEY SHOULD BE UNBIAS TO BOTH SIDES AND THEY ARE NOT SO HOW DO YOU GO ABOUT COMPLAINING DOES ANYBODY KNOW

Offline Full80mins

• Academy Star
Reply #25 on: 24 Jul 2007, 03:24:53 pm
I would assume you can write to the RFL and Cummings.
All they will do is throw it in the bin though.  :(

Offline Keith

• Fans Favourite
Reply #26 on: 24 Jul 2007, 10:48:11 pm
I can remember not that long a go a certain coach at Town used to criticise the refs in his after match comments on Radio Cumbria and he got quite a bit of stick on here and on Town's forum for making his comments.     Reading these comments on this thread makes me think "what's the difference between him and you?".

Ref's are just human beings and like us all they make mistakes.   It just depends which team the mistake benefits or punishes.   I'll bet there isn't one of you stood on the terraces when your team has scored from a forward pass and laughed to your mates, admitting "that pass was forward, but who cares?".   Well, the opposition fans do.    Just accept it that refs make mistakes and they are not all against Haven.
Keith - Haven Legend previously a former Haven Immortal!!!

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #27 on: 24 Jul 2007, 10:57:21 pm
the problem for us, maybe we're all just  being biased i dont know, is when we get the dubious decisions in our favour ie forward passes or knock ons missed they tend to be when we are 30 or 40 points in front and wont affect the outcome of the game , the 50-50's tend to go against us when its a more crucial time of the game

or as i said , is that just me being biased?
the reverand, big mac

Offline Keith

• Fans Favourite
Reply #28 on: 24 Jul 2007, 11:43:46 pm
Hey Big Mac, you know as well as I do that we all see things in our favour all the time.    There isn't a fan of any team that doesn't.  I don't think that is being biased.   Misguided maybe but it's what we want to be true not what is actually the truth.    I think we have all been guilty of feeling badly done to by refs but let's face it if the refs went on strike we wouldn't have any games to go to!!!!!

We have to accept that the refs are all fair, even though I get carried away with the calls of cheat myself, for the sake of the game.    I always used to think, in soccer as well as RL, that some refs favoured the top teams so that they could get into the VIP lounges for after match hospitality, etc, and get closer to the players and directors to get things for their kids, like signed shirts etc,.   They maybe do, I don't know, but some decisions do tend to support that kind of thinking.

I also dislike a Yorkshire ref travelling over to Cumbria when we are at home to a Yorkshire team.   We all know that a ref in the same area will get to know the local teams players very well and even get down to be being big mates with some of them.    This then makes it harder in some matches to divirce that friendship from what they have to do.   Not intentionally maybe but nevertheless the possibility is always there.
Keith - Haven Legend previously a former Haven Immortal!!!