HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

apologies

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
on: 22 Jul 2007, 04:42:11 pm
please post them here from all those who were spewing out the bile about DR,even radio meryside said we were hard done to by the ref giving vikings a pen that allowed them to win when we should have had it

this shows the team will play for him and that we can compete away with the big teams and that he can motivate a team and does have a very good rugby brain

stay away from batley if you want its your lose
« Last Edit: 26 Jul 2007, 10:55:57 pm by brett kinghams mullet »
THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline HavenWarrior

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #1 on: 22 Jul 2007, 04:46:52 pm
A lot of people vented thier feelings last week, after a bloody dismal display, apologies have come from the BOD, but we have heard nothing from the players.

Sounded like an amazing display today, but why oh why couldnt they have given about 50% of that effort last week, and people would have been happy.

I dont think many people expected us to win last week, but a 100% performance was all that was expected.

TW

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
Reply #2 on: 22 Jul 2007, 04:53:58 pm
A lot of people vented thier feelings last week, after a bloody dismal display, apologies have come from the BOD, but we have heard nothing from the players.

Sounded like an amazing display today, but why oh why couldnt they have given about 50% of that effort last week, and people would have been happy.

I dont think many people expected us to win last week, but a 100% performance was all that was expected.

TW

the players and coach apology was given on the pitch today by their performance

there was lots of personnel stuff aimed at DR

will they be so quick to say well done to him today

or again was today all down to the players
THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline haven lad 06

• First Team Regular
Reply #3 on: 22 Jul 2007, 04:55:05 pm
thats the thing that gets me when we play bad its because of DR but when we play well its all down to the players
haven till i die

Offline JamEater

• Academy Star
  • I am watching YOU marra ! Be Warned !
Reply #4 on: 22 Jul 2007, 04:55:35 pm
Just goes to show you that if they want it, they can do it. As for Dave Rotherham, Why do you not set up a fan club for him BKM,
You like him, thats your privilege, others don't, thats theirs,  Let people have theire views like you have just posted yours. All you guy's do on here is want to argue amongst your own supporters, Why do you not all show a little solidarity and leave the coaching to the BOD and the coach, and if he is no good, he will be gone at the end of the season, If he turns out OK, then he will be kept on. Leave the running of the club to these guy's and you just concentrate on cheering on your team.!

Offline splodge99

• Academy Star
Reply #5 on: 22 Jul 2007, 04:57:19 pm
Maybe they did give 100% last week but just didn't play well.  Doesn't that happen?

Congraj to the players and DR for putting in such a sound performance today.  Strange decision at the end that cost us the game.  Like Phil Clarke said last week, when he was commentating on the final,  'Nothing seems to be going Havens way'.

Offline splodge99

• Academy Star
Reply #6 on: 22 Jul 2007, 04:59:53 pm
Jameater, it sounds like your the one whos arguing.  Seems to me the 'anti' DR mob jump down the throats of any supporter who just wants to get behind the coach and players?

Offline Scoreboard

• Academy Signing
Reply #7 on: 22 Jul 2007, 05:06:25 pm
Fair play to DR and teh players souned like a very good performence.  Heart breaking to lose in the last couple of minutes.

We must carry it on over the remainder of the season Halifax (a) next week we must win to secure third spot.

Also lets do Cas and Widnes at home we owe them and it will really help confidence in the playoffs we need to turn them over once this season.   

Offline shavenhaven

• Academy Star
Reply #8 on: 22 Jul 2007, 05:07:19 pm
please post them here from all those who were spewing out the bile about DR...even radio meryside said we were hard done to by the ref giving vikings a pen that allowed them to win when we should have had it

this shows the team will play for him and that we can compete away with the big teams and that he can motivate a team and does have a very good rugby brain

stay away from batley if you want its your lose

You may kiss DR's butt but i for one wont.... i spent over ?200 taking my family to blackpool to watch the team totally embarrassed.
The guy is clueless in man managment.
So we had a good display today, did we win ? NO.

We have played pathetic all season but scraped wins together so im will not apologise for anything i said.

Offline JamEater

• Academy Star
  • I am watching YOU marra ! Be Warned !
Reply #9 on: 22 Jul 2007, 05:16:02 pm
Jameater, it sounds like your the one whos arguing.  Seems to me the 'anti' DR mob jump down the throats of any supporter who just wants to get behind the coach and players?

I am arguing, WHERE?

Offline stuzie5276

• Academy Signing
Reply #10 on: 22 Jul 2007, 06:22:22 pm
Well said Shavenhaven I agree totally.

We might of played well today if so it will only be the second time this season.

And as for man management at half time we were winning and end up losing. It must have been one hell of a motivationally driven speech at half time by DR

Offline haven lad 06

• First Team Regular
Reply #11 on: 22 Jul 2007, 08:03:16 pm
how the hell can you blame DR for us getting beat >:( :o we were beaten by us giving away 2 penalties in the opposition half with about 5 minutes left in the match firstly matty gave away a needles penalty by not letting go of the ball and secondly we got into a fight wether we deserved to get a penalty against us or not we shouldnt have put ourselves n that position
haven till i die

Offline kellsendlad

• Academy Signing
Reply #12 on: 23 Jul 2007, 11:55:35 am
cant blame dr for yesterday 2 big penalties cost us the game yesterday if matty had let go of the ball
we may have had a chance of trapping them in goal
and ricky wright is old enough and experienced enough to not retaliate if he had just went to ground
after the punch the penalty might have went the other way or at least not against us
other than that a great performance from the lads and a gameplan that kept widnes quiet
WELL DONE DR

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #13 on: 23 Jul 2007, 03:22:14 pm
I  think  last  weeks  lacklustre  showing  was  all  down  to  cash.  The  players  wanted  an  obscene  amount  and  because  they  didn't  get  it  they  let  alot  of  fans  down.

Yesterday  they  showed  just  what  they  can  do  when  they  put  their  minds  to  it.

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #14 on: 23 Jul 2007, 09:33:21 pm
as most people will know i am no fan of rotherham, however, fair play to the guy, he came on the radio and didnt "do a cox" and bleat and blame the ref for the penalty decision, he accepted the fact that it had been and we could have defended the set of six out instead widnes got in for a try

(and remember in 99.9% of occasions the retaliater will get penalised, not the instigater)

very noble of you mr rotherham, i thought, then he went and let himself down by saying he thought the criticism of them all last week was, and i use his word, "HARSH"!!!!!

one point bkm made however, no matter what anyone thinks of rotherham or any of the players, it is out of order to attack them as people, have ago at their abilities in their jobs etc but to get personal is not acceptable on this forum
the reverand, big mac

Just cause you don't understand what's going on don't mean it don't make no sense
And just cause you don't like it, don't mean it ain't no good