HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

From the Trust in Widnes site from Leagueconvert?

Offline JamEater

• Academy Star
  • I am watching YOU marra ! Be Warned !
Pasted from the Trust in Widnes Forum

That has to be the worst display of referreeing I have seen for a long time. The Haven side played to the ref ... constantly offside, headshots left right and centre. I think the Vikings did well to get a result to be be honest. They certainly weren't getting any favours ..... that last high shot on Grix right in front of the touch judge was a disgrace!!

Offline Bkenz92

• First Team Regular
  • Haven Til I Die
Reply #1 on: 22 Jul 2007, 05:21:23 pm
Pity the Vikings missed it when wilkes started fighting and he gave the pen to them !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Chemical-Chris

• Academy Star
  • Till I Die
Reply #2 on: 22 Jul 2007, 05:34:58 pm
Thing is Wilkes didn't start it

Offline Bkenz92

• First Team Regular
  • Haven Til I Die
Reply #3 on: 22 Jul 2007, 05:36:17 pm
Well what happened then ??

Offline shavenhaven

• Academy Star
Reply #4 on: 22 Jul 2007, 05:36:47 pm
Thing is Wilkes didn't start it

doesn't matter who started it, its who threw the 1st punch.

Broadbent didnt start it at blackpool but he threw the 1st punch

Offline Bkenz92

• First Team Regular
  • Haven Til I Die
Reply #5 on: 22 Jul 2007, 05:42:15 pm
Ino just admit it Haven should have won

Offline Chemical-Chris

• Academy Star
  • Till I Die
Reply #6 on: 22 Jul 2007, 05:44:40 pm
 ??? Surely the team that scores the most points should win  ;D

Get in Nanyn

Offline Bkenz92

• First Team Regular
  • Haven Til I Die
Reply #7 on: 22 Jul 2007, 05:45:55 pm
Yeh and that should have been Haven !!!!!! did you not watch match can you not face it that wilkes through 1st punch haven pen for that which meant Nanyn should not have scored  ::)

Offline tattie

• Academy Star
Reply #8 on: 22 Jul 2007, 05:47:28 pm
??? Surely the team that scores the most points should win  ;D

Get in Nanyn
                                      DO U JUST COME ON HERE TO WIND US UP :o :o :o
ALWAYS  HAVEN

Offline Chemical-Chris

• Academy Star
  • Till I Die
Reply #9 on: 22 Jul 2007, 05:49:20 pm
After that indisciplined display from haven and the officials, yes I feel a wind up is in order  ;D

Offline tattie

• Academy Star
Reply #10 on: 22 Jul 2007, 05:50:41 pm

WAS'NT THAT LAST WEEK >:( >:( >:(
ALWAYS  HAVEN

Offline hensingham boy

• First Team Backup
  • win or lose on the booze
Reply #11 on: 22 Jul 2007, 05:51:19 pm
the worst thing is people actually bite

popularsider

Reply #12 on: 22 Jul 2007, 05:51:51 pm
so you beat us and you had joel penny missing?

we had fletcher scott mcavoy missing lets see if your as lucky when widnes come here.

and wilkes did start it, ricky wright hit him with a shoulder charge wilkes didnt like being put on his backside with a big hit so he threw a punch wright retailited, hence penalty should be to whitehaven and wilkes should have been put into the sin like broadbent was

Offline Leagueconvert

• Academy Signing
Reply #13 on: 22 Jul 2007, 05:52:54 pm
The fact is that Wilkes did not throw the first punch as he had both hands on the ball. One of the haven players came in late and threw the punch. Admittedly the ref picked the wrong haven player to 'have a word with' but the fact is that Wilkes wasnt to blame.

It was a very poor display by the ref (as mentioned in my earlier post) but this is a game of 80 minutes and the team that plays for the full 80 generally comes away with the spoils. The same can be said of the game we played against wigan in the challenge cup. For most of the game we were way ahead, but for 10 minutes in the second half we switched off and were duly punished. Thats rugby ....

Offline Chemical-Chris

• Academy Star
  • Till I Die
Reply #14 on: 22 Jul 2007, 06:15:05 pm
The fact is that Wilkes did not throw the first punch as he had both hands on the ball. One of the haven players came in late and threw the punch. Admittedly the ref picked the wrong haven player to 'have a word with' but the fact is that Wilkes wasnt to blame.

It was a very poor display by the ref (as mentioned in my earlier post) but this is a game of 80 minutes and the team that plays for the full 80 generally comes away with the spoils. The same can be said of the game we played against wigan in the challenge cup. For most of the game we were way ahead, but for 10 minutes in the second half we switched off and were duly punished. Thats rugby ....

Game set and match from league convert