HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

King & Williams

Offline MrsHavenWarrior

• Administrator
  • Haven Immortal
on: 11 Sep 2022, 06:04:00 pm
Whitehaven Rugby League can today confirm that Ryan King and Nikau Williams will leave the club having accepted deals elsewhere for the 2023 season.

Having both signed for the club ahead of the 2021 season the Australian second rower King and Kiwi Nikau Williams became firm fans favourites.

Ryan King made his delayed debut having made the journey to the UK recovering from a long term knee injury in Round 13 away defeat to Halifax Panthers. In his two seasons at the LEL Arena the Italian international has made 37 appearances scoring 17 tries with 14 tries coming  in 27 appearances in 2022 ending the season at the club’s leading try scorer.

Nikau Williams made his debut for the club in the first game of the 2021 season a home victory over Dewsbury Rams in the Challenge Cup. The half back has been ever present in 2022 ending his time at the LEL Arena with 55 appearances with a combined points total of 144 consisting of 12 tries, 47 goals and 2 drop goals.

Speaking of the duo’s departure interim CEO Ashley Kilpatrick spoke saying “What can I say about Kinga, from the day he arrived he’s bought into the club and town, he came over with an injury but he was at every session every game doing rehab wanting to play wanting to get fit to play and when he did he was a stand out for us from his first game to his last one. We always knew how good Ryan was from his clips and he didn’t disappoint in his time here, I’ve had a conversation with Ryan about why he’s leaving and I completely understand his reasons for moving on.

I’ve got to know Ryan off the field he’s a lovely lad and his new club have got themselves a good player and a lovely lad. I hope to see Ryan play in the World Cup for Italy which will be deserved for his hard work over the past 2 seasons. Good luck Ryan and thank you.

Nikau will also be leaving us sadly. Nikau won the player’s player at the presentation evening last night so it shows his fellow team mates appreciate what he has done for us, again from the day nikau got here he has bought into the club and town.

I remember nikau when he first got here wearing the worlds biggest coat as he always thought it was cold but he eventually got used to it, he’s a lovely lad to have around the place and goes with everyone at the clubs best wishes.

Nikau’s new club have also got themselves a great lad and a good player, I wish Nikau safe travels back home and I wish him all the best for the future. Thank you for the past 2 years marra.”
🤎💙💛 Whitehaven RLFC 🤎💙💛