HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Trio of Arrivals

Offline eternal optimist

• First Team Backup
Reply #15 on: 16 Jan 2023, 03:59:12 pm
Any update on when Tabu is finally going to arrive ?

Is that to replace our inexperienced backs who were lucky to have 12 Championship games between them  that the Town backs would be to good for?

Offline Johnpauljones

• First Team Regular
Reply #16 on: 16 Jan 2023, 04:05:23 pm
I think he plays in the pack now but he did start out as a centre.  Either way agree the backs need strengthening we need more pace and more cover if we want to have a chance of competing at Champ level.

Offline eternal optimist

• First Team Backup
Reply #17 on: 16 Jan 2023, 04:45:54 pm
I think he plays in the pack now but he did start out as a centre.  Either way agree the backs need strengthening we need more pace and more cover if we want to have a chance of competing at Champ level.

You commented on another thread:

Freeman, Teare Rourke, Cabre   I think they have about 12 professional games between them.  Town will have better backs trust me

So did Town really have the better backs?

Offline Steven DeMont

• First Team Regular
Reply #18 on: 16 Jan 2023, 04:48:02 pm
Thought Freeman and Teare really looked the part.

Offline Mk1

• First Team Backup
Reply #19 on: 16 Jan 2023, 05:56:40 pm
Any update on when Tabu is finally going to arrive ?

Is that to replace our inexperienced backs who were lucky to have 12 Championship games between them  that the Town backs would be to good for?
:D :tip:

Offline Brow Lad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #20 on: 16 Jan 2023, 06:19:12 pm
Teare needs to be in centre his potential is massive

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #21 on: 16 Jan 2023, 07:00:31 pm
Teare was class yesterday and took his try brilliantly

Offline Johnpauljones

• First Team Regular
Reply #22 on: 16 Jan 2023, 08:52:14 pm
To be honest if you were picking a backline you'd probably have Burns, Sabutey and Hurst along with Teare Dixon and Freeman.

There isn't a lot between Whitehaven centres, wingers and fullback and Towns.  We  certainly have better halves which was evident yesterday and I stand by the view our backs are along way from being good enough for championship. We may have two or three of the right standard but  not enough depth or pace.

Offline Brow Lad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #23 on: 16 Jan 2023, 09:06:57 pm
Eh!!!! 😂 Sabutey has played 30 minutes at this level. Hurst has only played Championship 1, Burns suppose he’s decent but is he championship standard. Think I would rather have Freeman Eccy Taylor Dicko & Teare plus Rourke, Connor can play Centre to.

Offline stockporthaven

• Academy Star
Reply #24 on: 20 Jan 2023, 04:15:53 pm
The win against Town was enjoyable but may have raised a few questions about "best 17". We still have not seen the trialist winger or Rourke and not yet clear when/if the prop will arrive from France.

For me Freeman at full back looks solid (first choice goal kicker) Would like to see Teare in the centre but that means moving either Taylor or Dixon to the wing and not sure either has the pace for that place. Eccleston on other wing seems solid. At half it looks like Bishop and Doran are both creative but again not sure if either has the pace of either Williams or Jouffret. Was concerned about 9 with both Newton and Phillips out for a few weeks yet but O'Brien and Fairhurst both looked the part/ Second row we are well set Bradley and Tonks both went well but I would start with Lansky and Holliday. Props Walker and McEvoy with Castle and Graham to rotate, (although Young Prop from Kells is worth a shot) Singleton/Aiye to 13

Overall. moe confident about chances now than I was a few weeks ago, will know more after first 2 home league games.

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #25 on: 20 Jan 2023, 04:19:24 pm
Doran could play 13 if needed too more options

Offline Johnpauljones

• First Team Regular
Reply #26 on: 20 Jan 2023, 08:32:41 pm
Elephant in the room is Tabu...is he on the never never.lack of updates  is a concern.

I think we are really exposed in the backs if Teare Freeman Taylorn Dixon and Eccleston  played all season and we suffered no injurys we might just be OK  but it's no where near the backline we had with Walmsley , Bulman , Macnally and Jourfet when we were on fire. And we all know the five we have will inevitably get some knocks ..backs need major strengthening.

Offline Haven83

• Academy Star
Reply #27 on: 20 Jan 2023, 09:35:45 pm
It will be good to see the new lad Rouke play this weekend, I'm sure the club will be trying to add squad depth before and during the season.  Look at last year we had lads on loan coming in and I'm would have thought it would be the same this year.

From what I seen on Sunday currently we have a good forward squad and some players that can be versatile, and we will need that this season.

To be fair we managed without mcnally,walmsey, jouf, last season.