HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

beswick

Offline silver shadow

• First Team Backup
on: 15 Jul 2007, 08:24:11 pm
if this guy gets off with coming in 3rd man and striking broadbent in the head then the laws are a joke . have a good look rl and clamp down on the coward . how widnes came out of that without a card i will never know leahy is nothing short of pathetic
NO PAIN NO GAIN

Offline leytherjay

• Academy Star
Reply #1 on: 22 Jul 2007, 08:45:49 pm
Might be a coward.........but best 13 in this league by a mile, love him to play for us

Offline haven lad 06

• First Team Regular
Reply #2 on: 23 Jul 2007, 05:07:51 pm
yeah he is quality
haven till i die

Offline LeeF

• First Team Regular
Reply #3 on: 23 Jul 2007, 08:17:07 pm
He might not be available for a few games as he is in front of the disciplinary tomorrow night

Offline Chemical-Chris

• Academy Star
  • Till I Die
Reply #4 on: 24 Jul 2007, 08:24:28 pm
1 match ban and a ?100 fine, misses the Donny game but will be raring to go for Leigh  ;D

Offline mr hopefull

• First Team Backup
  • off we go-- come on haven-- come on haven
Reply #5 on: 24 Jul 2007, 08:27:15 pm
ste mac was probably thinking of resting beswick and a couple of others against donny anyways,,,,,so no harm done there then,,,,mind you donny seemed to have improved under j , stankevich

Offline Chemical-Chris

• Academy Star
  • Till I Die
Reply #6 on: 24 Jul 2007, 08:30:50 pm
Stanky did a great job with our senior academy, onwards and upwards for Donny hopefully

Offline i hate town

• First Team Regular
Reply #7 on: 24 Jul 2007, 08:42:20 pm
once again a joke. they should just propote widnes now if they want them to go up

Offline Martin

• First Team Backup
Reply #8 on: 25 Jul 2007, 01:34:17 pm
1 match ban and a ?100 fine, misses the Donny game but will be raring to go for Leigh  ;D

Well there is injustice for you !

If  Leahy and his linesmen had done their jobs, he would have been sent off at the time, Gary Broadbent would probably not have been sin binned and we could have had a totally different match (we saw what happened on Sunday when a ref was prepared to give us a fair crack of thw whip) all to late I am afraid.

Mr Leahy should be penalised in some way too.

Offline Full80mins

• Academy Star
Reply #9 on: 25 Jul 2007, 11:42:06 pm

If  Leahy and his linesmen had done their jobs, he would have been sent off at the time, Gary Broadbent would probably not have been sin binned and we could have had a totally different match (we saw what happened on Sunday when a ref was prepared to give us a fair crack of thw whip) all to late I am afraid.

Totally in agreement, no justice.
It wouldn't have been as bad if the hearing was lats week and he'd missed the match on sunday against us.

The "putting on report" is a total get out for the refs and does no favours for the team that have been offended against in the first instance.
The RFL should scrap it.
If a team thinks the ref has missed an incident, then they should just be able to bring it up with the RFL themselves to deal with.

Offline LeeF

• First Team Regular
Reply #10 on: 26 Jul 2007, 04:24:07 am

GB would still have been sinbinned

Totally in agreement, no justice.
It wouldn't have been as bad if the hearing was lats week and he'd missed the match on sunday against us.

The "putting on report" is a total get out for the refs and does no favours for the team that have been offended against in the first instance.
The RFL should scrap it.
If a team thinks the ref has missed an incident, then they should just be able to bring it up with the RFL themselves to deal with.