HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Last seasons squad

Offline stockporthaven

• Academy Star
on: 13 Nov 2022, 03:14:45 pm
Was surprised to see Liam Cooper had signed for Swinton (although can't blame the lad trying to reduce his time travelling) but cant find out where some of our other players have gone to. Evens to Swinton, Williams to Newcastle, Hudson to Castleford but what about King, Doyle, Walker (Hull centre released by Hull),  Martin and any others

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #1 on: 13 Nov 2022, 04:29:48 pm
Evans went to Widnes

Offline stockporthaven

• Academy Star
Reply #2 on: 03 Dec 2022, 03:56:39 pm
See that King has now been officially confirmed by Halifax and that Walker has signed for Newcastle. Our squad has stalled at 23 and I am still not convinced we have a ready replacement for Williams (although if Taylor can slot into the centres with Teare this does free Dixon up for the halfback role)

Have we lost Guy graham? to my mind one of our most reliable middle defenders and a player with a lot of potential given he is still fairly new to the code.

Has the PNG ship sailed?

as it stands, I think we will be fighting it out with Swinton, London and Newcastle at the lower end of the table

Offline spacecake

• Haven Legend
Reply #3 on: 03 Dec 2022, 04:22:34 pm
See that King has now been officially confirmed by Halifax and that Walker has signed for Newcastle. Our squad has stalled at 23 and I am still not convinced we have a ready replacement for Williams (although if Taylor can slot into the centres with Teare this does free Dixon up for the halfback role)

Have we lost Guy graham? to my mind one of our most reliable middle defenders and a player with a lot of potential given he is still fairly new to the code.

Has the PNG ship sailed?

as it stands, I think we will be fighting it out with Swinton, London and Newcastle at the lower end of the table

The png forward we where linked with signed for Bradford last week. As for guy graham wouldn't be surprised if union teams are sniffing after him

Offline Johnpauljones

• First Team Regular
Reply #4 on: 03 Dec 2022, 06:37:55 pm
I would say overall we have a weaker squad than last year plus even smaller.  Forward strength will largely depend on how the three overseas player pull up.  Cooper Graham King and Wilkinson are a big loss. 

We look really week in the backs Dixon and Bulman are decent at this level.  Teare is still unproven and Taylor hasn't played for a year.    We need a couple of proven players with pace in the backs imo a fullback and centre.

Halfs should be OK if Bishop can stay fit along with Doran with Dixon ,Dion also able to cover.

Offline Brow Lad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #5 on: 03 Dec 2022, 08:43:01 pm
By all accounts Eaves has left as can’t commit to training plus Callum & Newts no closer to returning due to injury.
« Last Edit: 03 Dec 2022, 08:48:51 pm by Brow Lad »

Offline Johnpauljones

• First Team Regular
Reply #6 on: 03 Dec 2022, 11:36:04 pm
Thats a blow Philips and Newton if fit could cover hooker but sounds like they are a way off .  Thats a squad of 21 with not fit hooker or poss Bushop and Obrien but then we have no acrum half.  Not looking good at all atm.

Offline Brow Lad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #7 on: 04 Dec 2022, 09:55:40 am
Got to Remember Bishop is coming back from a major Injury so he will have to be slowly brought back.

• Haven Legend
Reply #8 on: 04 Dec 2022, 10:35:31 am
Curtis has left so that’s another hooker gone aswell

Offline stockporthaven

• Academy Star
Reply #9 on: 05 Dec 2022, 02:47:45 pm
So it looks like a squad of 23 is now effectively 20 if the story about Eaves leaving and the situation with Phillips and Newton is true.

Bodies needed quickly! If any of the Aussies fail to turn up or we pick up a couple of knocks earl on we will struggle to field a full squad.

• Haven Legend
Reply #10 on: 05 Dec 2022, 07:25:14 pm
There no progress report on pre season or anything nothing about new players it’s quite concerning when every pre season we get updates videos info

Offline Brow Lad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #11 on: 08 Dec 2022, 11:39:57 am
Dawson gone

Offline Mk1

• First Team Backup
Reply #12 on: 08 Dec 2022, 12:20:50 pm
Though Dawson was signed up to end of next season?

Offline Johnpauljones

• First Team Regular
Reply #13 on: 08 Dec 2022, 12:26:12 pm
Gone where ...?

Offline Brow Lad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #14 on: 08 Dec 2022, 02:43:55 pm
Retired