HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

How many Haven fans were at Widnes today then?

Offline JamEater

• Academy Star
  • I am watching YOU marra ! Be Warned !
on: 22 Jul 2007, 09:57:47 pm
How many Haven fans were at Widnes today then? Did last weeks performance damage the travelling support?

Offline haven76

• Academy Signing
Reply #1 on: 22 Jul 2007, 10:34:49 pm
there were about a hundred of us.  3,000 widnes supporters and we sang our hearts out for the boys to the end.

specialbrew92

Reply #2 on: 23 Jul 2007, 12:19:53 pm
Monte's

Throat is still on fire, it was a FANtastic effort from the 100 fans who were there, we didn't stop singing from when we got into the stadium to when we left.

Monte

Offline Full80mins

• Academy Star
Reply #3 on: 23 Jul 2007, 01:33:44 pm
It was back to the good old days of the usual 100 or so fans sat together til the end giving everything for the team.
Last week, that was impossible due to the usual away support being seperated all over the ground by all the glory hunters who turned up for a one off final.
Maybe if some of those who made the trip to Blackpool went more often to away games (and in some cases home games), then the atmosphere for the next final we're in will be improved.
At least we know who the true following is.

Offline JamEater

• Academy Star
Reply #4 on: 23 Jul 2007, 03:19:18 pm
I was one of the true fans for years marra, But that Blackpool performance gutted me mate. I have put shed loads of money through the gates and travelling to away games. By the time I had bought shirts, Wigs,Flags, Petrol, Accommodation.etc.
I spent ?400 going to Blackpool to support them, And then for them to play like that showed no respect to me for what I had shown to them by following them to Blackpool. So for now I will be a armchair supporter and wait to see if I can build up some enthusiasm again to go watch them. By the sounds of it if there were only 100 or so fans went to Widnes then it seems like it as done the same to many other supporters as it as done to me. That game at Blackers might have been the straw that broke the camels back. But we will know for definite at the next home game I think.

Offline Rodderz

• Global Moderator
  • Academy Star
Reply #5 on: 23 Jul 2007, 05:09:47 pm
I was glad to be amongst the 100 or so haven fans who gave our team tremendous support from the 1st to the final whistle of the game.
Even when we went behind in the final minutes we continued with this support whilst the you could only hear the widnes fans when they got their 1st try and when they scored again near the end of the game.
I was so proud of our team, we outplayed widnes for most of the match and we deserved to win.
What i cannot understand is  that the vocal support for the team seems far noiser at away games than the home ones.

Monte2carlo

Reply #6 on: 23 Jul 2007, 07:44:44 pm
It was great to hear 100 Haven fans singing throughout the entire game. We probably sing as much at home but with the popular side having no roof it sounds sh1t

Monte

Offline haven123456789

• Academy Star
Reply #7 on: 24 Jul 2007, 12:26:24 pm
How many Haven fans were at Widnes today then? Did last weeks performance damage the travelling support?
It doesnt really matter how many haven fans turned up! at least some turned up and showed how good our fans are especially after a heavy defeat the previous sunday, Me my dad and my uncle went to the final but couldnt make it to the match on sunday because we already had plans which were set in stone about 3 months ago :P so we would of made it 103 if we could of made it :P

Offline JamEater

• Academy Star
Reply #8 on: 24 Jul 2007, 05:24:07 pm
Off course it matters. So your saying it does not matter how many turn up to the next home game as well then.  It matters big time if the club is going to survive?

Offline Bkenz92

• First Team Regular
  • Haven Til I Die
Reply #9 on: 24 Jul 2007, 08:15:22 pm
Well i go every away game and couldnt go aswell,,, but theres halfiax on sunday and could be going there  :D

Offline Chemical-Chris

• Academy Star
  • Till I Die
Reply #10 on: 24 Jul 2007, 08:58:16 pm
So for now I will be a armchair supporter

Off course it matters. So your saying it does not matter how many turn up to the next home game as well then.  It matters big time if the club is going to survive?

???

Offline haven123456789

• Academy Star
Reply #11 on: 24 Jul 2007, 10:11:13 pm
I mean how many people turned up on sunday after our defeat in Blackpool! Not every game in general, who ever started this topic was on about sundays game and i was referring to that.

Offline JamEater

• Academy Star
Reply #12 on: 24 Jul 2007, 11:10:17 pm
So for now I will be a armchair supporter

???

I am not saying I am going to the Haven games Troll boy, I am mealy answering a question to some one who was saying the die hards supporters will be there. I was mearly answering, That will not be enough to save haven? So stop looking for trouble marra.

Offline haven lad 06

• First Team Regular
Reply #13 on: 25 Jul 2007, 01:54:35 pm
dont think hes looking for trouble hes just pointing out that you have said you arent going to any more matches then you said that haven need more people to go and watch if they are to survive
haven till i die

Offline Chemical-Chris

• Academy Star
  • Till I Die
Reply #14 on: 25 Jul 2007, 02:11:29 pm
dont think hes looking for trouble hes just pointing out that you have said you arent going to any more matches then you said that haven need more people to go and watch if they are to survive

Spot on