HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Relegation

Offline noahrob

• Fans Favourite
on: 06 Jan 2023, 10:30:59 am
Whitehaven and Swinton are expected to finish bottom two with Thunder and Broncos just above them.

Online spacecake

• Haven Legend
Reply #1 on: 06 Jan 2023, 03:00:00 pm
Whitehaven and Swinton are expected to finish bottom two with Thunder and Broncos just above them.

Been relegation favourites last 2 seasons wouldn't worry too much about that

Offline Mk1

• First Team Backup
Reply #2 on: 06 Jan 2023, 03:05:09 pm

But this season we've got a weakened team from previous seasons and even less money to recruit or retain players after the  Hitler Eilbec antics
As  a Haven supporter I'm  worried  that next season we may be back playing in the pub Sunday  league  alongside  Town.

Online spacecake

• Haven Legend
Reply #3 on: 06 Jan 2023, 03:15:30 pm

But this season we've got a weakened team from previous seasons and even less money to recruit or retain players after the  Hitler Eilbec antics
As  a Haven supporter I'm  worried  that next season we may be back playing in the pub Sunday  league  alongside  Town.

Fair point the one plus is Newcastle are nowhere near as good as last season and they where pi55 poor last season

Offline noahrob

• Fans Favourite
Reply #4 on: 06 Jan 2023, 03:46:07 pm

Fair point the one plus is Newcastle are nowhere near as good as last season and they where pi55 poor last season
Thunder signed 6 players from Town that can't be good.

Online Biffer

• Academy Star
Reply #5 on: 06 Jan 2023, 05:34:26 pm

Who's the 6?
Looks like they're in for a tough year

Online spacecake

• Haven Legend
Reply #6 on: 06 Jan 2023, 07:15:53 pm

Who's the 6?
Clarke simons young brown clegg and that young prop who who injured best part of season can't remember his name

Online Biffer

• Academy Star
Reply #7 on: 06 Jan 2023, 07:39:06 pm

Who's the 6?
Clarke simons young brown clegg and that young prop who who injured best part of season can't remember his name
Ah yeah Jake Lightowler?
Didn't realise Brown and Simons had gone back

Online spacecake

• Haven Legend
Reply #8 on: 06 Jan 2023, 07:42:35 pm

Who's the 6?
Ah yeah Jake Lightowler?
Didn't realise Brown and Simons had gone back

Aye that's him I'm sure he's signed for Newcastle saying that they've nikau williams he'll improve them

Offline Johnpauljones

• First Team Regular
Reply #9 on: 06 Jan 2023, 08:13:43 pm
I think its about right we are relegation favourates. We have very few decent backs at this level average small squad of which four are returning from serious injury.  I think we need a decent size miricale to stay up at this point. Oh and one other of our 22 man squad can't get in to the country as yet.

Offline stockporthaven

• Academy Star
Reply #10 on: 06 Jan 2023, 08:24:42 pm

Bookies odds at this stage are little more than guesswork. Most clubs in the championship have had a significant turnover in personnel and we have not seen a number of our players yet. When Sam Obst arrived we had no real idea that we would end up a few seconds from Super league, Walmsley, King, Williams etc were only names  before a ball was kicked, give the new squad a chance and lets see where we are after a few league games.

Offline Brow Lad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #11 on: 06 Jan 2023, 08:43:36 pm
Think we could suprise a few

Offline Johnpauljones

• First Team Regular
Reply #12 on: 06 Jan 2023, 09:31:19 pm
The poor pre season and the low numbers in the squad will work against. Last year our winnable games were at the back end of the season.  This year they are front loaded which is great if we had a decent well prepared team . But we haven't.

Of the 22   Newton, Philips won't be ready to play for a while lilelg May for Philips. The Fijian isn't even here so we have 19 players available and two of those Taylor and Bishop are coming back from serious injury.   

It's been a disastourous pre season and we can't afford to sign anymore players. Thats the truth. The board will be hoping to get a bit of money from the freindlies to bring bodies in but who the heck is  left at this stage of recruitment process worth signing ? .  If we get injuries we ll struggle to field a team in the first game .

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #13 on: 08 Jan 2023, 08:40:19 pm
We’ve brought in a few players. Just hoping there decent and do us a good job .  Last lot we’ve brought in have proved decent hence other clubs have snapped them up .  Personally I’d be happy with 3rd bottom come end of season . Our downfall could be lack of numbers.  If we can stay clear of injuries but it it’s owt like last season then we’re relying heavily on loanees and that’s not a good sign