HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

aron lester

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
on: 24 Jul 2007, 05:57:05 pm
rumour in league weekly was he is playing for penrith RU,steven woods plays for them

think they get about ?150 a match and a taxi each way

wonder if this was part of the reason to retire
THE MULLET IS BACK

popularsider

Reply #1 on: 24 Jul 2007, 06:05:42 pm
aaron is off to penrith, but no it wasnt his reason for retiering. the reason aaron retierd was because of DR

Offline hensingham boy

• First Team Backup
  • win or lose on the booze
Reply #2 on: 24 Jul 2007, 07:16:49 pm
penrith only approached after he packed in

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
Reply #3 on: 24 Jul 2007, 08:15:13 pm
some sort of defence coach role too i have been told...on good money too(more than the ?150)...more than he would get at haven
THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline Bkenz92

• First Team Regular
  • Haven Til I Die
Reply #4 on: 24 Jul 2007, 08:22:30 pm
Well am pleased for him

Offline i hate town

• First Team Regular
Reply #5 on: 24 Jul 2007, 08:33:27 pm
yer good luck aaron. just dont take anymore our players

popularsider

Reply #6 on: 24 Jul 2007, 09:21:13 pm
aaron had offers from
wath brow
egremont

workington offerd aaron player coach this season and coach next. he said he couldnt play for the jam eaters

barrow also tried to sign him.

aaron said he couldnt play against his former team mates, so he is off to penrith for a months trial and also as a defensive coach

Online WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #7 on: 24 Jul 2007, 09:50:32 pm
workington are like a bunch of scavengers now like hu ever we dont want or has left they try to get

Offline Keith

• Fans Favourite
Reply #8 on: 24 Jul 2007, 10:14:42 pm

workington offerd aaron player coach this season and coach next. he said he couldnt play for the jam eaters

Seeing as Aaron Lester doesn't have the coaching qualifications to coach in National League level RL, I find that very hard to believe, so I think you could be wrong with that one.
Keith - Haven Legend previously a former Haven Immortal!!!

popularsider

Reply #9 on: 24 Jul 2007, 10:39:04 pm
well thats what i got told keith they asked aaron to be player coach and coach next season and its from someone close to aaron

Offline cumbria 1

• Academy Star
Reply #10 on: 24 Jul 2007, 11:27:38 pm
its hapend for years players making money out of rugby union leigh smith /lebon have been over the border and make plenty of money buy all acounts. and steven wood and maniera have made good money localy . I think its great lester has found sumthing because he has a wealth of experience to pass on its just a shame haven didnt offer him something similer . I dont no what position he could play maybe scrum half.

popularsider

Reply #11 on: 24 Jul 2007, 11:51:21 pm
scrum half or left side flanker  ;)

aaron played rugby union before league when he was 18-19

Offline troutmaster

• Academy Star
Reply #12 on: 27 Jul 2007, 08:45:44 pm
sorry popularsider but your info is wrong.as keith pointed out that aaron has no tickets for coaching, but in my own opinion he would probably make a good coach,but not at town.i can categorically tell you he was never contacted by anyone from the club about the coaching position,so it's possibly someone trying to start them silly rumours which always occur when someone from either clubs leave.whitehavenrlfc4eva what a load of rubbish,you do not seem to realize that when players are discarded from their respective clubs they automatically look for their next wage packet,and with a lot of the ex haven lads working at sellafield they did not want to go out of the county,so if town are willing to take them on it is not scrounging it's common sense as them guys have all played in division one with quite some experience about them,you were certainly scrounging town when carl hinted he wanted to go to haven so it works both ways, and fortunately for town we got some decent players from haven and i am grateful for that, although you can have cox back as he's IS just a scrounger ,and guess where he came from.now i do not want to start any rumours, but i have heard there are four u21s coming over to town as they have not been paid their EXPENSES from haven.it might just be a rumour, or they are scrounging off town,who knows what these players get up to?.good luck at fax.....

popularsider

Reply #13 on: 27 Jul 2007, 09:29:58 pm
trouty i can only tell you what a director told me after aaron had talked to him, as for the four u21s i was talking to a few u21s the other night and they said none of them were leaving?

Offline Future

• Academy Star
Reply #14 on: 27 Jul 2007, 10:31:25 pm
You are wrong popularsider i know of  2 defo leaving fordy  and  bamber  and  maybe benson