HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Directors/ Investors news

Mk1 · 8 · 1198

Offline Mk1

• First Team Backup
on: 13 Mar 2023, 10:51:07 am
As per usual info coming from club following  special  meeting is non existent. Was there no news or are they holding back ? Most frustrating  if your a fan, not knowing if you have a club which will still exist at the end of the season. Thought communication might improve after Adolf  Eilbeck went but maybe he hasn't relinquished his hold on the club andvits finances after all. See Wallmsleys doing an excellent job @ Fax - thanks Eilbeck (not!)

Offline Haven83

• Academy Star
Reply #1 on: 13 Mar 2023, 11:08:39 am
What was the special meeting?

Offline Mk1

• First Team Backup
Reply #2 on: 13 Mar 2023, 11:51:00 am
What was the special meeting?
Couple of weeks ago on a Friday night to discuss state of club/ new directors  / possible investors/ etc. No feedback

Offline Mirehouselegend

• Fans Favourite
Reply #3 on: 13 Mar 2023, 01:49:13 pm
Hopefully us fans have put in enough cash to keep us going for rest of season. Maybe have to wait to new financial year for some more news. Let’s just keep turning up on match days and spend our hard earned money on our beloved club. Let’s just all stick together and try to help out when we can.Getting no news is annoying but maybe there’s just nothing to tell us yet.

Offline Haven83

• Academy Star
Reply #4 on: 13 Mar 2023, 02:30:56 pm
True, got to think maybe the club can't share certain things with fans.
Just got to get behind the team now at the next game, get some good crowds at home and you never know what might happen within the new financial year.

Offline Championess2019

• Academy Star
Reply #5 on: 13 Mar 2023, 11:23:15 pm
As per usual info coming from club following  special  meeting is non existent. Was there no news or are they holding back ? Most frustrating  if your a fan, not knowing if you have a club which will still exist at the end of the season. Thought communication might improve after Adolf  Eilbeck went but maybe he hasn't relinquished his hold on the club andvits finances after all. See Wallmsleys doing an excellent job @ Fax - thanks Eilbeck (not!)

What special meeting are you on about?  Do you mean the shareholders AGM?  The meeting for actual shareholders...  Why not purchase some and have a seat at the table.next time instead of rabbiting on about walmsley all the time.  He was offered a contract and chose to sign for another club.

Offline Mk1

• First Team Backup
Reply #6 on: 14 Mar 2023, 06:22:45 am

What special meeting are you on about?  Do you mean the shareholders AGM?  The meeting for actual shareholders...  Why not purchase some and have a seat at the table.next time instead of rabbiting on about walmsley all the time.  He was offered a contract and chose to sign for another club.
So I submit a legitimate  request for info and it produces a  rant from you and as for the Wallsmley debacle, if my info is correct, andd Ive no reason to suspect otherwise, then he was offered a contract, he submitted a counter which majority  of the board found acceptable but was overulled by Mod Edit: <offensive name removed> please refrain from such activity  Eilbeck so he walked. Sorry if you don't agree with my opinions but where you are concerned I couldn't  give a monkeys chuff.
« Last Edit: 14 Mar 2023, 11:05:37 am by MrsHavenWarrior »

Offline haven09

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #7 on: 15 Mar 2023, 11:07:57 pm

So I submit a legitimate  request for info and it produces a  rant from you and as for the Wallsmley debacle, if my info is correct, andd Ive no reason to suspect otherwise, then he was offered a contract, he submitted a counter which majority  of the board found acceptable but was overulled by Mod Edit: <offensive name removed> please refrain from such activity  Eilbeck so he walked. Sorry if you don't agree with my opinions but where you are concerned I couldn't  give a monkeys chuff.

Well I can tell you for a fact that is an absolute load of bull s***, walmsley was offered more money which would of made him the highest earner at the club,  club also got him a job with a local firm,  his new agent in the uk advised walmsley Wigan wanted him, so walmsley waited for wigan to come (they never did) walmsley then took the Halifax offer as he was advised it was “full time” so walmsley took that offer

Eilbeck never had the final say on any contracts, if the football committee wanted a player they went to the board and the board agreed on contract money and win/loss pay weather it was yes or no, the board at that time was eilbeck, canavan, ball and kilpatrick as far as I remember. 

So your info is 100% wrong on this matter, don’t believe me ask  ashley kilpatrick as he dealt with signings.