HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Oscar Doran

Offline MrsHavenWarrior

• Administrator
  • Haven Immortal
on: 03 May 2023, 07:00:00 pm
Whitehaven Rugby League can today confirm the signing of Oscar Doran on a deal until the end of the 2023 Championship season.

Doran (18) who is either a winger or centre played junior rugby league at Kells alongside rugby union at Mirehouse based side St Benedict’s has been training with the squad for the last month and has now signed a contract which will see him join up with the squad on a permanent basis.

Earlier this year the 18 year old spent time with Newcastle Falcons Rugby Union but following leaving the Falcons was invited down by the coaching staff to train with the first team. Head coach Jonty Gorley spoke saying “Oscar is a local kid who has bags of potential. He is big athletic kid, who has got plenty of pace and had played league to a good level at youth level. The last year or so, Oscar has been on the books of Newcastle Falcons. That has now come to an end and he has been training with us for the last month and hasn't looked out of place. As I've mentioned previously, we are short of outside backs and short of pace so signing Oscar gives us cover in the those areas. I'm sure, given the chance, Oscar will make the best of his opportunity with us.”

Speaking of signing for Haven Doran spoke saying “I’ve been training with the club for around a month now and it’s all been positive. Good coaches good lads and i’m just happy to be signing and to be getting some game time.”
🤎💙💛 Whitehaven RLFC 🤎💙💛

Offline Johnpauljones

• First Team Regular
Reply #1 on: 08 May 2023, 05:51:12 pm
I thought Doran did really well on Sunday.  He has some size and looks like for a young fella with a bit of aggression in contact.

Given  he had know  idea he was playing  until Dixon bailed 10 minutes out  he played very well.

Offline davo5

• First Team Regular
Reply #2 on: 09 May 2023, 10:15:26 am
I thought Doran did really well on Sunday.  He has some size and looks like for a young fella with a bit of aggression in contact.

Given  he had know  idea he was playing  until Dixon bailed 10 minutes out  he played very well.

“Bailed” he pulled up injured in the warm up.