HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

T Walker

Offline Johnpauljones

• First Team Regular
on: 27 Jun 2023, 11:10:43 pm
We need you TW this Wednesday ..your team mates are doing it tough and you can make the difference. ....Walking  away now will not feel great personally  But getting back in the trenches with your team mates when their backs are to the wall and winining  will be huge. 

Offline Johnpauljones

• First Team Regular
Reply #1 on: 27 Jun 2023, 11:20:04 pm
Tom has a decision to make folks let's do everything we can to make sure we keep him .Hopefully his integrity means  he will not walk away mid season from his team mates.

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #2 on: 28 Jun 2023, 07:25:56 am
What’s going on like

Offline African exile

• First Team Backup
Reply #3 on: 28 Jun 2023, 08:19:04 am
Apparently gone to Barrow
If it's a girl they're naming her Sigourney after an actress, if it's a boy the 're naming him Rodney after Dave

• Haven Legend
Reply #4 on: 28 Jun 2023, 09:22:24 am
Let’s hope not he loves it at haven

Offline HavenWarrior

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #5 on: 28 Jun 2023, 03:29:53 pm

Lets be honest, most players love their clubs when they are getting paid. All this badge kissing, i love my club, its a myth these days, they love the club who will pay them the most money. And if a club cant do that, they will not stick around for long.

HW

Offline Rugbyfan13

• Academy Signing
Reply #6 on: 28 Jun 2023, 04:20:05 pm
« Last Edit: 28 Jun 2023, 04:23:32 pm by Rugbyfan13 »

Offline Rugbyfan13

• Academy Signing
Reply #7 on: 28 Jun 2023, 04:25:10 pm

Lets be honest, most players love their clubs when they are getting paid. All this badge kissing, i love my club, its a myth these days, they love the club who will pay them the most money. And if a club cant do that, they will not stick around for long.

HW

at the end of the day I've heard he's owed months wages and winning pays, "let's be honest" how many of you would carry on going to work for free, some people forget these players give up a lot of their social lives and time to play for this club and to expect them to put their bodies through the damage they do and to give up so much of their lives as they do for free is absolute lunacy, the club needs to sort it out because Tom wasn't the first and I don't think he will be the last and the way they are going people won't come back either

Offline Mk1

• First Team Backup
Reply #8 on: 28 Jun 2023, 06:37:20 pm
We need you TW this Wednesday ..your team mates are doing it tough and you can make the difference. ....Walking  away now will not feel great personally  But getting back in the trenches with your team mates when their backs are to the wall and winining  will be huge.

Not in tonight's team so injured, out of favour or has he walked. Could do with some info from the board especially  if it's  down to unpaid  wages.

Offline davo5

• First Team Regular
Reply #9 on: 28 Jun 2023, 07:03:34 pm
Tom has a decision to make folks let's do everything we can to make sure we keep him .Hopefully his integrity means  he will not walk away mid season from his team mates.
Integrity,are you kidding,would you put your body on the line every week playing “professional” RL for nothing,get a grip.

Offline Textually Active

• Academy Star
Reply #10 on: 28 Jun 2023, 07:31:41 pm

Are you gonna rock up to work tomorrow knowing you are not getting paid??     :shake:        :shake:

• Haven Legend
Reply #11 on: 28 Jun 2023, 08:13:34 pm
Happening to often this letting good lads walk the club should be ashamed if true

Offline Brow Lad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #12 on: 28 Jun 2023, 08:14:38 pm
He is under contract at Haven so surely with our money issues anyone who wants him will have to pay a fee.

Offline Textually Active

• Academy Star
Reply #13 on: 28 Jun 2023, 08:19:28 pm
He is under contract at Haven so surely with our money issues anyone who wants him will have to pay a fee.

If he hasn't been paid, that will break the contract and leave it Null & Void and a free agent?

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #14 on: 28 Jun 2023, 09:50:25 pm
Would love to see Tom back as he’s been outstanding for us this season . I know the club is experiencing money issues . Hopefully they’ll have enough in the piggy bank to pay Tom what he’s owed and get him back where he should be on the pitch