HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

T Walker

Online Mirehouselegend

• Fans Favourite
Reply #15 on: 29 Jun 2023, 08:23:29 am
If everyone of us puts money into the fund raising effort by one of our fans that is solely going to help pay the lads wages that they haven’t received then we should be ok. Fans not turning up to games doesn’t help the club neither so only ourselves to blame really. Barrow  aren’t in great financial shape neither but their fans still turn up to help the club out. Over 2000 at games makes a massive difference to finances available. We all love Tom and he’s our best prop so come on let’s all donate to help pay the players at this time in need.

Offline Textually Active

• Academy Star
Reply #16 on: 29 Jun 2023, 08:48:56 am
If everyone of us puts money into the fund raising effort by one of our fans that is solely going to help pay the lads wages that they haven’t received then we should be ok. Fans not turning up to games doesn’t help the club neither so only ourselves to blame really. Barrow  aren’t in great financial shape neither but their fans still turn up to help the club out. Over 2000 at games makes a massive difference to finances available. We all love Tom and he’s our best prop so come on let’s all donate to help pay the players at this time in need.

I'm sorry but that is not the answer.   Us people are in need too!  People are struggling to feed themselves, pay their rent/mortgages/fuel bills!   How much more do you want people to donate.   Would you start a go fund me page for my wages?   Thought not!  I expect my employers to have enough money to pay me for my services.   Inflation is not dropping and interest rates are going up.  Food prices are ridiculous, everyone is in the same boat.  What happens next month when Player X is not paid?  Another Go Fund Me?  Saying it is our own fault people are not going to games, what a ridiculous statement,  they are inevitably choosing between having a meal/paying their OWN bills than attending a rugby match.  They are getting their priorities right.  Cutting their cloth accordingly. 

Offline Championess2019

• Academy Star
Reply #17 on: 29 Jun 2023, 09:15:31 am
What a load of uneducated nonsense. How can you budget when at a moments notice your budget is cut by 33%?  20k may not seem a lot, but it has caused this seasons problems through no fault of anyone currently involved at the club.

Offline KCR

• Academy Signing
Reply #18 on: 29 Jun 2023, 09:51:25 am
I agree that it is not the clubs fault that funding was drastically reduced and I hope the supporters dig deep on the GoFundMe
If we fold it is no good wishing we had supported after the event
Our club means a lot so come on supporters help out and then we can move forward
The players are playing with great teem spirit and if you could not make last nights match  donate your £20

Let us all save our club

Offline Haven83

• Academy Star
Reply #19 on: 29 Jun 2023, 10:33:43 am
Let's get behind the lads, great win yesterday. Everyone is aware of the financial struggles that the club is having.
If people are struggling themselves why not donate a couple of quid if you can, every little helps. If everyone who follows the Facebook page did that it would go a long way to Denis' gofundme target.
Not sure if the link will work, but that's the gofundme page"
https://gofund.me/5dc30a58

Online Mirehouselegend

• Fans Favourite
Reply #20 on: 29 Jun 2023, 11:09:24 am

I'm sorry but that is not the answer.   Us people are in need too!  People are struggling to feed themselves, pay their rent/mortgages/fuel bills!   How much more do you want people to donate.   Would you start a go fund me page for my wages?   Thought not!  I expect my employers to have enough money to pay me for my services.   Inflation is not dropping and interest rates are going up.  Food prices are ridiculous, everyone is in the same boat.  What happens next month when Player X is not paid?  Another Go Fund Me?  Saying it is our own fault people are not going to games, what a ridiculous statement,  they are inevitably choosing between having a meal/paying their OWN bills than attending a rugby match.  They are getting their priorities right.  Cutting their cloth accordingly.
if your struggling at home which many are then obviously you can’t donate but we need to try to help the club with the £120,000 less funding they have this season. Fans like myself put money into everything going that the fund raising teams are doing on a monthly basis. If fans don’t go to games then we will fold it’s as simple as that. SO DONATE OR GO TO GAMES IF YOU WANT A TEAM AT WHITEHAVEN.