HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

2 more points

Offline Johnpauljones

• First Team Regular
on: 16 Jul 2023, 08:04:12 pm
Looking at the remaining fixtures of teams below us I think we need one more win.  Should have been Newcastle away but looking ahead probably Barrow at home is our best opportunity. Hopefully the fundraisng , a few more today and the new investment can steady the ship and if Bishop Dixon and Philips can put a shoulder to the wheel we can get that 2 points we need.

It's ironic if we had a steady ship this year we probably had the squad for a top six finish.

Offline African exile

• First Team Backup
Reply #1 on: 16 Jul 2023, 08:22:21 pm
I hope I’m wrong but I can’t see us beating Barra
If it's a girl they're naming her Sigourney after an actress, if it's a boy the 're naming him Rodney after Dave

Offline cbandg01

• Top Try Scorer
  • Let's play to our strengths to create problems
Reply #2 on: 17 Jul 2023, 09:02:27 pm
Bottom line is we HAVE to beat Barrow to have any chance of staying in this league. Assume we beat them, that would mean we were then 5 points to the good with a further 6 matches still available to each of us.

Assuming we can't win any of those six then :-

Barrow would have to win three of their six to pip us by one point, or win two and draw one to do it on points difference.

Offline Steven DeMont

• First Team Regular
Reply #3 on: 17 Jul 2023, 10:09:53 pm
If we can get Bishop, Philips and Dixon back on the field it will make a huge difference.

Offline Mirehouselegend

• Fans Favourite
Reply #4 on: 18 Jul 2023, 09:08:42 am
Need a couple of props since 3 have left us. That was the difference against Bradford in the second half. Our lads put up a huge fight but in the end size down the middle told second half. Just wish Tom and Guy would come back now money is sorted.

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #5 on: 18 Jul 2023, 11:33:19 am
Liam mcavoy signed for town last night announced on social media

Offline Mirehouselegend

• Fans Favourite
Reply #6 on: 18 Jul 2023, 01:40:19 pm
Must be ambitious then going back to Town who are defo not getting promoted this year.  If he didn’t want to fatty and help our club then so be it. Obviously money won but he’ll be kicking himself with news that we have been saved.  We need 100% commitment from the players and fans alike.

Offline Exile

• First Team Backup
Reply #7 on: 18 Jul 2023, 05:19:59 pm
Crack going around Workington is dion as signed too 🤬🤬
We all hate town,and we all hate town

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #8 on: 18 Jul 2023, 06:24:15 pm
Do not think Dion would go to town tbh

Offline davo5

• First Team Regular
Reply #9 on: 18 Jul 2023, 08:02:35 pm
Must be ambitious then going back to Town who are defo not getting promoted this year.  If he didn’t want to fatty and help our club then so be it. Obviously money won but he’ll be kicking himself with news that we have been saved.  We need 100% commitment from the players and fans alike.
Ambitious,maybe he just wants paid.
Would you be committed to your employer if he suddenly stopped paying you. ??

Offline Mirehouselegend

• Fans Favourite
Reply #10 on: 18 Jul 2023, 08:29:03 pm
they have been paid. Money was very tight and it’s only now that someone has come in and helped the club out. Town don’t pay big money marra hence they will be in league 1 for a few seasons still. Sellafield don’t ever not pay me  but they do forget me overtime every now and then but I always go and do more I don’t just leave. If players aren’t  it with the heart then so be it move on. Mcavoy has gone now so it’s obvious he hasn’t a heart for our HAVEN team. Players come and go so hopefully we’ll get a few in very soon.

Offline davo5

• First Team Regular
Reply #11 on: 18 Jul 2023, 09:36:01 pm
they have been paid. Money was very tight and it’s only now that someone has come in and helped the club out. Town don’t pay big money marra hence they will be in league 1 for a few seasons still. Sellafield don’t ever not pay me  but they do forget me overtime every now and then but I always go and do more I don’t just leave. If players aren’t  it with the heart then so be it move on. Mcavoy has gone now so it’s obvious he hasn’t a heart for our HAVEN team. Players come and go so hopefully we’ll get a few in very soon.

Players haven’t been paid & your comparing it to not getting an overtime payment,Wow.

Offline haven09

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #12 on: 19 Jul 2023, 12:58:36 am

Players haven’t been paid & your comparing it to not getting an overtime payment,Wow.

Mark players have been paid everything they are owed as of Monday.

They hadn’t been paid but 17 turned up and stuck together  against Newcastle and Bradford.

Mirehouselegend as for town not paying big money they’ve spent more than haven have this year and they also spent more than haven last year town pay bigger wages than what we do.

Offline CUMBRIAN BOY

• First Team Regular
Reply #13 on: 19 Jul 2023, 11:22:31 am
Do not think Dion would go to town tbh
Wish supporters would realise that the vast majority of players are money-motivated, proven by watching some of the club's recent performances.

Offline Mirehouselegend

• Fans Favourite
Reply #14 on: 19 Jul 2023, 12:56:03 pm
All players have been paid and the ones that have decided to leave to better themselves have been paid. Town have a new sponsor and did a go fund me last season so obviously they still don’t have enough. I’m not one for giving in in tough times so I just hope the players that are left stick with us and hopefully we come out this smiling. Maybe a few that left come back soon. Eh Bully 😂😂😂. 👍