HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Ryan is King!

Offline MrsHavenWarrior

• Administrator
  • Haven Immortal
on: 06 Aug 2023, 08:00:00 pm
Whitehaven Rugby League are delighted to announce a new one year deal for Ryan King for the 2024 season.

The Italian international re-joined the club earlier in 2023 having previously played for the club in the 2021 and 2022 season. Since returning to the club this season the forward who has also deputised in the halves he has made 14 appearances scoring 8 times including the final try in today’s 32-20 victory over Sheffield Eagles.

Speaking about staying at the club King spoke saying “ I’m delighted to sign a new 12 month contract with the club. I’d like to thank all the coaches, board and the fans for making my stay in West Cumbria a great experience and loving my footy again. Up the Haven”
🤎💙💛 Whitehaven RLFC 🤎💙💛

Offline Brow Lad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #1 on: 06 Aug 2023, 08:05:59 pm
👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #2 on: 06 Aug 2023, 08:27:27 pm
Great news let’s hope the rest of our best players are tied down and we start to build around them before other clubs come sniffing

Online haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #3 on: 07 Aug 2023, 08:40:26 am
Well done kingy Marra puts that rumour to bed about going up the road
born and bred haven.

Online spacecake

• Haven Legend
Reply #4 on: 07 Aug 2023, 11:30:51 am
Well done kingy Marra puts that rumour to bed about going up the road

Barrow fans where saying other week he'd signed for them

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #5 on: 07 Aug 2023, 04:56:15 pm
I hope Barrow get relegated and Town don’t get promoted leaving us the top side in Cumbria . Any players wanted to better themselves will look to us . Bully has signed a 2 year deal but would he fancy a year in lg1 or better himself and come back

Online spacecake

• Haven Legend
Reply #6 on: 07 Aug 2023, 06:44:30 pm
I hope Barrow get relegated and Town don’t get promoted leaving us the top side in Cumbria . Any players wanted to better themselves will look to us . Bully has signed a 2 year deal but would he fancy a year in lg1 or better himself and come back

Barrow won't get relegated got a good run in of fixtures

Offline davo5

• First Team Regular
Reply #7 on: 07 Aug 2023, 08:53:49 pm

Yeah that’ll be great for Cumbrian RL,dear me.

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #8 on: 08 Aug 2023, 08:36:51 am

I’m more bothered about WhitehavenRLFC than Cumbrian Rugby .

Offline Mk1

• First Team Backup
Reply #9 on: 08 Aug 2023, 10:36:22 am

They go hand in hand, can't see those from Barra or jam land coming to support Haven especially  after a remark like yours.

Offline davo5

• First Team Regular
Reply #10 on: 08 Aug 2023, 07:56:28 pm

Correct,would love to see all 3 clubs in the Championship.
They go hand in hand, can't see those from Barra or jam land coming to support Haven especially  after a remark like yours.

Offline Mirehouselegend

• Fans Favourite
Reply #11 on: 08 Aug 2023, 10:15:28 pm
Absolutely great is the news that Kingy has signed again for next year. Hopefully the ones who Jonty wants to stay and wear the jersey with pride sign on also.

Offline Brow Lad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #12 on: 08 Aug 2023, 11:19:54 pm
Jonty has to sign first.

Offline Mirehouselegend

• Fans Favourite
Reply #13 on: 09 Aug 2023, 07:11:34 pm
Jonty has to sign first.
Haha I never thought of that like. Hopefully he will and the rest follow suit. Plus some top players to give us another boost.

Offline CUMBRIAN BOY

• First Team Regular
Reply #14 on: 10 Aug 2023, 02:01:33 pm

Can't believe anyone can make a stupid statement like that, not bothered about Cumbrian rugby league, local derbys increase the interest locally and guarantee extra people through the gates increasing the takings,  but the local derbys also help keep the interest going with the local youngsters at the amateur clubs who could one day be a Haven player. I would definitely love to see all three Cumbrian clubs playing in the same division.