HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Ryan is King!

Online Barramarra

• First Team Regular
Reply #15 on: 11 Aug 2023, 07:19:45 am
I hope Barrow get relegated and Town don’t get promoted leaving us the top side in Cumbria . Any players wanted to better themselves will look to us . Bully has signed a 2 year deal but would he fancy a year in lg1 or better himself and come back
Yes i`m sure you`ll get loads knocking on the door when you struggle to pay players....
the only way is up.

Offline Haven83

• Academy Star
Reply #16 on: 11 Aug 2023, 09:00:03 am
Think we have gone off topic on the thread. Of course it would be great to have all 3 cumbrian teams in the same league those gates alone would make a massive difference to the clubs finances, and showcase cumbrian rugby.

King is a great signing for the club, and it was good to hear in his interview that he turned down offers from both local rivals, shows his loyalty to the club, and hopefullymore will follow.

Probably time to close this thread now.

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #17 on: 12 Aug 2023, 07:27:32 pm
I hope Barrow get relegated and Town don’t get promoted leaving us the top side in Cumbria . Any players wanted to better themselves will look to us . Bully has signed a 2 year deal but would he fancy a year in lg1 or better himself and come back
Yes i`m sure you`ll get loads knocking on the door when you struggle to pay players....

We’ve struggled to pay players because the RFL have cut our money after players were already signed on . That’s why we’re in the mess we are in now .

Offline Championess2019

• Academy Star
Reply #18 on: 12 Aug 2023, 07:34:46 pm

Well Barrow knocked on Ryan's door and he said no thanks, I'll resign for Haven.  So maybe the rumours of trouble at barrow aren't too far wide of the mark...

Offline Exile in Jamland

• Academy Signing
Reply #19 on: 12 Aug 2023, 09:24:11 pm
Whatever! So happy to know Ryan is a Haven player next year. He is a talisman! Hopefully we stay up and build on his commitment.

Online WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #20 on: 12 Aug 2023, 09:39:13 pm
It’s laughable that town went in sniffing around him thinking he would go there esp if In league 1 next year

Offline Textually Active

• Academy Star
Reply #21 on: 12 Aug 2023, 09:43:47 pm
It’s laughable that town went in sniffing around him thinking he would go there esp if In league 1 next year

Eccleston did!  Why not Ryan?  Happy he is staying at Haven -- never mock we've had our troubles this season.  People have short memories!

Online WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #22 on: 12 Aug 2023, 10:03:21 pm
Massive massive difference in class between eccleston and king respectively pal
« Last Edit: 13 Aug 2023, 10:04:45 am by WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA »

Online Barramarra

• First Team Regular
Reply #23 on: 13 Aug 2023, 06:55:37 am

Well Barrow knocked on Ryan's door and he said no thanks, I'll resign for Haven.  So maybe the rumours of trouble at barrow aren't too far wide of the mark...
Some of you love a rumour.
the only way is up.

Offline Steven DeMont

• First Team Regular
Reply #24 on: 13 Aug 2023, 01:13:03 pm
Wouldn't it be hilarious if we sent Barrow and their gobs**** fans down into League One.

West Cumbrian rugby league doesn't need Barrow.

Online Barramarra

• First Team Regular
Reply #25 on: 13 Aug 2023, 01:31:33 pm
Wouldn't it be hilarious if we sent Barrow and their gobs**** fans down into League One.

West Cumbrian rugby league doesn't need Barrow.
:D ;D
Here Stevie have another suck on your lemon.
the only way is up.

Offline Mirehouselegend

• Fans Favourite
Reply #26 on: 13 Aug 2023, 09:13:42 pm
Wonder if Barrow will travel to us next Monday in great numbers fans wise or just their normal10 fans. Be great to see a good crowd down.

Offline Steven DeMont

• First Team Regular
Reply #27 on: 14 Aug 2023, 10:40:22 am
Wonder if Barrow will travel to us next Monday in great numbers fans wise or just their normal10 fans. Be great to see a good crowd down.

Be surprised if there's more than 20 if them turn up.

Ironic really after they claimed 'the firm' were travelling up after Good Friday.

Online Barramarra

• First Team Regular
Reply #28 on: 14 Aug 2023, 12:42:43 pm

Be surprised if there's more than 20 if them turn up.

Ironic really after they claimed 'the firm' were travelling up after Good Friday.
You seem proud of some of your fans behaviour.
the only way is up.

Offline KCR

• Academy Signing
Reply #29 on: 14 Aug 2023, 02:17:33 pm
Make no mistake Whitehaven need Barrow as much as Barrow needs Whitehaven

and we can include Town as well

Just think of the gates/money that would help all Cumbrian teams and then we might not have to rely on the RFL hand out

All Barrow supporters will be warmly welcomed next week