HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Ryan is King!

Offline Casperjack

• Academy Star
Reply #30 on: 14 Aug 2023, 02:22:09 pm
You seem to be out to aggravate Barramarra, fishing for bites etc.  I was at Barrow and was disappointed with what went on but if you think Barrow fans were blameless you'd be wrong.  In fact if the Barrow fans weren't goading and throwing things the whole incident would have stayed light hearted.  Even in the grandstand inebriated older Barrow fans were verbally attacking Haven officials. That said it shouldn't have happened.

Other Barrow behaviour since has I think been deplorable, it will always remain subjective, but clear to me you've tried to undermine our squad and have only suceeded in getting one of the best players in the county out of the game and bolstered Haven's resolve. What a brilliant tribute it would be if the player can rise above all this and get back playing, he'd be a better man than me if he could but I don't blame him if he doesn't.

As a Barrow fan I'd be more worried about your precarious position, neither of us are safe and Cumbrian rugby league doesn't want another team in league 1.  Slinging mud when you're up to your neck in the swamp may not be your best course of action.

Offline Barramarra

• First Team Regular
Reply #31 on: 14 Aug 2023, 02:57:52 pm
You seem to be out to aggravate Barramarra, fishing for bites etc.  I was at Barrow and was disappointed with what went on but if you think Barrow fans were blameless you'd be wrong.  In fact if the Barrow fans weren't goading and throwing things the whole incident would have stayed light hearted.  Even in the grandstand inebriated older Barrow fans were verbally attacking Haven officials. That said it shouldn't have happened.

Other Barrow behaviour since has I think been deplorable, it will always remain subjective, but clear to me you've tried to undermine our squad and have only suceeded in getting one of the best players in the county out of the game and bolstered Haven's resolve. What a brilliant tribute it would be if the player can rise above all this and get back playing, he'd be a better man than me if he could but I don't blame him if he doesn't.

As a Barrow fan I'd be more worried about your precarious position, neither of us are safe and Cumbrian rugby league doesn't want another team in league 1.  Slinging mud when you're up to your neck in the swamp may not be your best course of action.

No mud slinging here. Plenty of whataboutery though. I've no idea how Barrow have undermined your squad & I'm  not sure how they are to blame for a player not wanting to play ?
Anyway hopefully we get a decent game next Monday it's going to be a tough one for us.
the only way is up.

Offline davo5

• First Team Regular
Reply #32 on: 14 Aug 2023, 05:09:04 pm
Wouldn't it be hilarious if we sent Barrow and their gobs**** fans down into League One.

West Cumbrian rugby league doesn't need Barrow.

Wonder if Barrow will travel to us next Monday in great numbers fans wise or just their normal10 fans. Be great to see a good crowd down.

And people complain that the RFL ignore Cumbria,if they do who can blame them,dear me how pathetic.

Online spacecake

• Haven Legend
Reply #33 on: 14 Aug 2023, 06:03:13 pm
To be fair to barrow they brought a lot of fans up last season hopefully they do again

Offline havenselite

• First Team Regular
Reply #34 on: 02 Sep 2023, 09:02:43 pm
Is kingy injured. I do hope so. Sank a good dozen pints down in rochdale with a few brow lads. Imagine a bad heads in order tomorrow the amount drank. Hope im wrong. Off topic what as happened to the brow. They got embarrased today and offered nothing. Bad legbreak for mayfield player in a dubious tackle. Not a post looking to stir s41t either
Up The Haven

Offline Biffer

• Academy Star
Reply #35 on: 02 Sep 2023, 09:23:47 pm
Is kingy injured. I do hope so. Sank a good dozen pints down in rochdale with a few brow lads. Imagine a bad heads in order tomorrow the amount drank. Hope im wrong. Off topic what as happened to the brow. They got embarrased today and offered nothing. Bad legbreak for mayfield player in a dubious tackle. Not a post looking to stir s41t either

Not in the squad tomorrow and according to Jontys interview likely to be missing for the rest of the season along with Guy Graham

Online spacecake

• Haven Legend
Reply #36 on: 02 Sep 2023, 09:34:21 pm

Got bad injury against barrow late on struggled to walk off

Offline havenselite

• First Team Regular
Reply #37 on: 02 Sep 2023, 09:39:55 pm
Glad i read hes injured. Hes been on the brow boogy bus to rochdale today and sank a good dozen.
Up The Haven

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #38 on: 02 Sep 2023, 09:43:06 pm
Glad i read hes injured. Hes been on the brow boogy bus to rochdale today and sank a good dozen.

Unfortunately his season is over
born and bred haven.