Any news on planning permission

Offline havendan

• Global Moderator
  • First Team Backup
  • Whoop whoop
on: 26 Jul 2007, 06:34:55 pm
 for the stand extension?

I heard it was yesterday wasn't it? :)

You are really a superfan amongst super fans in fact your the no.1 fan in Cumbria. Congratulations.

popularsider

Reply #1 on: 26 Jul 2007, 06:37:09 pm
i thnk something was in the whitehaven news about marra

Offline Blackie

• Academy Star
Reply #2 on: 26 Jul 2007, 09:47:12 pm
What did it say?

Offline Full80mins

• Academy Star
Reply #3 on: 26 Jul 2007, 09:52:39 pm
All i could find was.......

THERE will be no conflict of interests between Whitehaven RLFC and Copeland Council when the local authority comes to decide on the rugby league club?s planning application for a new grandstand.

Because it took a ?30,000 shareholding to help save Haven from going bust in 1992, there has been concern that the council might have to declare a ?prejudicial interest? and not be able to decide on the proposed development.

But The Whitehaven News was told yesterday that as the council?s shares were now part of Whitehaven ?92 Ltd there would be no such conflict.

This is the body which was set up in 1992 by local businessmen who also invested money to save the club.

Whitehaven ?92 Ltd holds the majority of the rugby league shares and Copeland Council is the biggest single shareholder of the group.

popularsider

Reply #4 on: 26 Jul 2007, 09:52:59 pm
yeah thats what i was on about

Offline Full80mins

• Academy Star
Reply #5 on: 26 Jul 2007, 09:55:28 pm
It doesn't really say anything one way or another

Offline havendan

• Global Moderator
  • First Team Backup
  • Whoop whoop
Reply #6 on: 26 Jul 2007, 10:35:01 pm
 Cheers guys.  :)
You are really a superfan amongst super fans in fact your the no.1 fan in Cumbria. Congratulations.

Offline Blackie

• Academy Star
Reply #7 on: 26 Jul 2007, 11:17:30 pm
Looks like there is nothing starting to move at all?  ??? ???

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #8 on: 27 Jul 2007, 09:17:34 am
Typical  Council.  Just  a  few  power  mad  bearaucrats  who  spend  all  their  day  making  lives  miserable  for  the majority.

Haven't  these  people  got  the  intelligence  to  realise  that  if  we  get   the  ground  up  to  standard  and  by  a  small  miracle  qualify  for  SL  the  money  this  will  generate  via  visiting  fans.

Personally  though  I  think  they've  spat  the  dummy  out  because  were  going  it  alone.

Offline Havenhack

• Academy Signing
Reply #9 on: 27 Jul 2007, 09:28:53 am
decision was put off and there was no discussion on the plan as councillors felt they needed a site visit.

That means they'll all go down to the ground and take a detailed look at the plans and how they would impact on the ground and make their minds up in a months time.

KC

Offline Blackie

• Academy Star
Reply #10 on: 27 Jul 2007, 10:00:48 am
 maybe they are more interested in getting plots at Moresby being built?  ??? ???

Offline HavenMascot

• Fans Favourite
Reply #11 on: 27 Jul 2007, 10:01:25 am
maybe they are more interested in getting plots at Moresby being built?  ??? ???

that moresby thing is getting on my nereves now lol

"Born A Haven Supporter, I Am A Haven Supporter, I'll Die A Haven Supporter, My Spirit Will Be A Haven Supporter, I Will Be A Haven Supporter No Matter What! Am A PROUD Haven Fan No Matter What! Haven Through Thick & Thin!"

Offline Keith

• Fans Favourite
Reply #12 on: 27 Jul 2007, 04:49:20 pm
I can't understand why someone from the club doesn't state the situation as I don't think it is as easy as some people think.

As I see it the land is owned by a registered charity.    The council want compulsorily purchase that land to build a new stadium and roads, etc, into a recreational area.    The money the charity receive from the council for the land can only be used to purchase other land on which they need to set up their club, possibly the bowls club, etc.    Questions like who is going to pay for a new bowls club, etc, come into the equation.    I also believe from the original plans that the council want to build the new stadium the other way round to the Rec and they may be bothered about having these stands erected and then they have to come down again in the new stadium.    I don't know but that's how I see it!!!
Keith - Haven Legend previously a former Haven Immortal!!!

Offline havendan

• Global Moderator
  • First Team Backup
  • Whoop whoop
Reply #13 on: 27 Jul 2007, 04:51:22 pm
decision was put off and there was no discussion on the plan as councillors felt they needed a site visit.

That means they'll all go down to the ground and take a detailed look at the plans and how they would impact on the ground and make their minds up in a months time.

KC

It never ends does it?   >:(

Offline hensingham boy

• First Team Backup
  • win or lose on the booze
Reply #14 on: 27 Jul 2007, 04:58:01 pm
I can't understand why someone from the club doesn't state the situation as I don't think it is as easy as some people think.

we never find out what's going on keith until somebody posts it on here.injuries,stadium,boardroom movement,player movement etc.

but then again we're just the fans so what do we matter.