• Haven Immortal
on: 21 Aug 2023, 09:33:09 pm
FULL TIME:   Haven 22 - Barrow 23

Your thoughts.........
🤎💙💛 Whitehaven RLFC 🤎💙💛

Offline Johnpauljones

• First Team Regular
Reply #1 on: 21 Aug 2023, 09:36:57 pm
Personal attacks on players will NOT be tolerated - whole message removed - no more or YOU will be removed - permanently!

Absolutely no need!
« Last Edit: 22 Aug 2023, 08:30:52 am by MrsHavenWarrior »

Offline Barramarra

• First Team Regular
Reply #2 on: 21 Aug 2023, 09:38:02 pm
Tough game i`ll take a win by a point anytime.
the only way is up.

Offline njg4haven

• First Team Regular
  • Only 700k to go to purchase date
    • Cumbria's Top Band
Reply #3 on: 21 Aug 2023, 09:48:58 pm
Message removed ...
A bit unfair given his overall performance. Yep it was a brain fart but he pulled us back into the game at least twice.
We had 3 chances to kick in last 15 and took 1.
Hard to take and emotions will be high but allowing 3 tries from less than 5 yards it what cost us. Goal line D.
We go again Sunday.
« Last Edit: 22 Aug 2023, 08:46:12 am by MrsHavenWarrior »
"To sin by silence makes cowards of men"   Ella Wilcox USA

Offline Johnpauljones

• First Team Regular
Reply #4 on: 21 Aug 2023, 09:53:27 pm
Yet another message removed
« Last Edit: 22 Aug 2023, 08:45:22 am by MrsHavenWarrior »

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #5 on: 21 Aug 2023, 09:57:22 pm
Very annoyed we should have won that game we were the better of the 2 sides just barrow we’re a bit cleverer when it matterd at the end. Not sure where this puts us now tbh very hard run in

Offline Brow Lad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #6 on: 21 Aug 2023, 10:00:00 pm
Owa if it wasn’t for him tonight probably wouldn’t have got near barrow, there be no one else feeling more down than him tonight gotta regroup and go again still long way to go.

Offline Mk1

• First Team Backup
Reply #7 on: 21 Aug 2023, 10:01:01 pm
FULL TIME:   Haven 22 - Barrow 23

Your thoughts.........
Same old Haven, daft penalties and terrible  ball handling and no game management.  Did well,to get back into it several times only to throw  it away by schoolboy  errors. Been a fan of Chris Taylor for years but afraid it's  time for him to hang up the boots , ball handling and retention was terrible.  If they weren't  up for this to try and get a championship  contract for next season then they and we don't deserve one. I, and it would seem I'm  one of many won't be spending my hard earned  cash  next year watching them playing  Cornwall , Midlands,  etc.

Offline njg4haven

• First Team Regular
  • Only 700k to go to purchase date
    • Cumbria's Top Band
Reply #8 on: 21 Aug 2023, 10:09:14 pm
Owa if it wasn’t for him tonight probably wouldn’t have got near barrow, there be no one else feeling more down than him tonight gotta regroup and go again still long way to go.
Agree there buddy
"To sin by silence makes cowards of men"   Ella Wilcox USA

Offline Steven DeMont

• First Team Regular
Reply #9 on: 21 Aug 2023, 10:14:34 pm
Absolutely brainless performance. At 22-22 we had them coming off their line and on the rack. Instead we choose to mess up the DG attempt and then the final bit of stupid play.

I thought we stooped to their level tonight. They wanted a slug fest and we happily reciprocated.

We are we and truly back in the trenches now.

Online Haven83

• Academy Star
Reply #10 on: 21 Aug 2023, 10:15:35 pm
Watched from holidays today, seemed like a tough game, a few errors cost us, but move on, No point blaming players.
Nice touch by Carter kissing the badge when scoring.
Good luck to Barrow and obviously hope we both stop up, and **** the RFL for trying to screw us with this Monday night game.

Offline Johnpauljones

• First Team Regular
Reply #11 on: 21 Aug 2023, 10:15:57 pm
Again, ANOTHER personal attack removed - STOP!
« Last Edit: 22 Aug 2023, 08:34:27 am by MrsHavenWarrior »

Offline African exile

• First Team Backup
Reply #12 on: 21 Aug 2023, 10:18:57 pm
Best of two very poor teams won tonight. I would imagine it was a great watch on the telly for the neutrals. As for whom ever it is up there picking out Jamie for criticism give your head a wobble he was man of the match tonight by a country mile.
 If I’m honest I’m looking forward to going to Cornwall but even more so looking forward to a Cumbrian derby where the fans travel both ways I know it’s a Monday but for such an important game I thought more Barra fans would have made the trip
If it's a girl they're naming her Sigourney after an actress, if it's a boy the 're naming him Rodney after Dave

Offline havenfan

• Academy Star
Reply #13 on: 21 Aug 2023, 10:36:08 pm
Dorans brain fart no doubt takes the headlines as a pivotal moment but as others have said, up until then he had been excellent and dragged us back into the game which masked the mistakes by his team mates. He doesn't deserve to shoulder the blame alone.

Rourke uncharacteristically missing a relatively easy conversion, knock ons in the first couple of tackles from the kick off (again!!), The daft penalty we conceded for lifting above the horizontal, Taylor giving a penalty away clashing heads with Bullman, whatever the hell that play was when we lined up for the drop goal and threw it at the dummy runners chest and singletons stupid penalty right at the end when we desperately needed the ball in play to try and force an error are just some of them.

Jonty and co got the tactics spot on, the game was there for the taking but so many errors killed us.

Fair play to Barrow, they took their chances and capitalised well on our errors. It will give them a massive confidence boost heading into the end of the season.

Offline billwiff

• Academy Star
Reply #14 on: 22 Aug 2023, 07:04:43 am

Nice touch by Carter kissing the badge when scoring.
Good luck to Barrow and obviously hope we both stop up, and **** the RFL for trying to screw us with this Monday night game.
[/quote]
Thought Bullman showed class in not over celebrating, Carter obvious feels aggrieved that he couldn't get a regular start but badge kissing is pathetic.